What do you think of Italy?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What do you think of Italy?

Post by Tsar »

hypermak wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 12:19 am
Winston wrote:
December 1st, 2020, 10:12 pm
@hypermak

How was your move back to Italy? Does it look the same as before? Any chaos or paranoia? Can u show me around if i go to Italy? Lol
It was smoother than I expecteed. I am still technically quarantined, but that only means I have reported where I am (home, with my family), I had a test on arrival and will have a second test at the end of the period.

Veneto my region is a "yellow zone", which is the softer set or lockdown restrictions. Our bakeries and restaurants are doing pretty well, in fact better than we thought. We are only supposed to serve at the table/counter until 6 PM, after which it's delivery only. At least 50% of restaurant clientele has always been lunch patrons anyway, so we still have that customer pool.

Not much chaos. People are still shopping normally, wearing masks (no face shield though, unlike in the Philippines). Of course things might always get worse if we get "downgraded" to "orange" or "red" zone.

If you wanted to visit this part of Italy, maybe you'll be around Venice or Verona (the city of Romeo and Juliet), just let me know! :)
I will visit eventually be in Italy too, especially when I get a girl there will be a lot of things and places I would take her to see once Covid-19 ends. When I have money again in the future I am getting myself an Italian luxury suit €3000 that will make me look like an aristrocrat 👑 (nobility 👑 ).

One of the secrets to success is to just look and act the part. Sometimes when an illusion is created, if enough people or the right people believe the illusion, then the illusion manifests itself as reality.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Tsar wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 5:20 am
I will visit eventually be in Italy too, especially when I get a girl there will be a lot of things and places I would take her to see once Covid-19 ends. When I have money again in the future I am getting myself an Italian luxury suit €3000 that will make me look like an aristrocrat 👑 (nobility 👑 ).

One of the secrets to success is to just look and act the part. Sometimes when an illusion is created, if enough people or the right people believe the illusion, then the illusion manifests itself as reality.
You sound like a braggart to me...
Do you mean to spend for your accommodation €3000 per day or per month?

Yes, IF
When I have money again in the future
What will you do if you have no money again in future? To sleep in a carton box in East Europe for free?
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Yohan wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 5:52 am
Tsar wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 5:20 am

You sound like a braggart to me...
Do you mean to spend for your accommodation €3000 per day or per month?

Yes, IF
When I have money again in the future
What will you do if you have no money again in future? To sleep in a carton box in East Europe for free?
No. I do not mean either. €3000 for an Italian suit but only after I buy a place to live.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Post by Traveler »

A Russian student's experience in Italy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOZt8N1Ihx4

She says that Italian men never approach her in public. Italian men never give up their seats to her on public transport. Italians gorge themselves on pizza and pasta but still manage to stay slim. Few people speak English and may be condescending to you if you don't speak Italian well.