Why are bars and clubs considered places to meet people?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Archibault
Freshman Poster

Re: Why are bars and clubs considered places to meet people?

Post by Archibault »

Another great post Winston.

There was a Canadian guy said that in the USA and Canada bars and nightclubs are there to meet someone to date (primarily for young people) while the one's in Spain and Colombia are there to socialize with people and everyone from every age goes there.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Archibault wrote:
August 27th, 2021, 5:36 am
Another great post Winston.

There was a Canadian guy said that in the USA and Canada bars and nightclubs are there to meet someone to date (primarily for young people) while the one's in Spain and Colombia are there to socialize with people and everyone from every age goes there.
But that's in concept only. In reality, women aren't open in nightclubs and look closed off and only talk to the friends they came with. When they look closed off, men do not feel comfortable approaching because they look unapproachable. Have you ever tried to approach a girl at a disco or nightclub? If so, what happened? Did it feel welcome? Usually they just ignore me or give me the cold shoulder as if I'm not worthy of their attention. Really ego deflating. Furthermore, with loud deafening music, how do you have a conversation?

Do any of you try to talk to people in bars? In bars it's mostly men right? Are the men in bars sociable? Don't they look kind of weird like they have an attitude?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I hope this isn't a dumb question. But I never understood something. When a man stops at a bar and has a few beers, how does he go home if he's not allowed to drive after having a beer at a bar? In the movies they never answer this question, the characters just leave the bar and drive somewher else. They don't explain how they can leave the bar and drive after having some beers? How does it work in real life? Especially if the man is alone and goes to the bar alone and comes out back to his car, how is he then supposed to drive home? I've never understood this. Seems like a plothole in the matrix. Does anyone know? Have any of you wondered about this too?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Winston wrote:
September 5th, 2021, 1:08 pm
I hope this isn't a dumb question. But I never understood something. When a man stops at a bar and has a few beers, how does he go home if he's not allowed to drive after having a beer at a bar? In the movies they never answer this question, the characters just leave the bar and drive somewher else. They don't explain how they can leave the bar and drive after having some beers? How does it work in real life? Especially if the man is alone and goes to the bar alone and comes out back to his car, how is he then supposed to drive home? I've never understood this. Seems like a plothole in the matrix. Does anyone know? Have any of you wondered about this too?
Yes it is a stupid question because you can google it in 1 second.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoStupidQuesti ... l_of_them/
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Winston wrote:
May 23rd, 2010, 1:37 am
I don't get something.

Why is there this cultural mythos or stereotype in the US that bars and clubs are places where you can meet people of the opposite sex?

What is the rationale behind that?

I mean, people are not more open and friendly in bars, clubs or even discos, than they are in normal public settings. So I don't see any logical basis for this mythos.

I've never seen a country or city where people were anti-social and unapproachable in public, and then suddenly open, friendly and inclusive in a bar or nightclub. Come on now.

Plus, in some of these places, especially the dance clubs, the music is so loud that you can't even hear your own voice! So how can you meet people if you can't even hear them talking? People who talk in them usually have to yell in each other's ears.

Also, the vibe in these places is shallow, not natural or relaxed, as well as fake and artificial. It's the kind of place that dumbs you down if you go there often, and numbs your mind. So how does that make it a good social atmosphere to meet people? I don't get it.
A long time ago, like in the 1960s and 1970s these places were fun. At least that's what the movies show. I wouldn't know because I've never left my parents basement and I learned everything I know on the internet.