I hate my life here in America! I love Europe!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Re: I hate my life here in America! I love Europe!

Post by flowerthief00 »

jamesbond wrote:
January 9th, 2022, 2:45 pm
Let us know how things go in Mexico. I was in Mexico once, me and my brother visited Tijuana a long time ago.

Well so far there has been the good, the bad and maybe the ugly too, but the following things were NOT needed for me to enter Mexico:

1. vaccines
2. quarantine
3. insurance
4. expensive visa fees
5. some nurse inserting a stick far up my nose

So already it's better than pretty much any alternative.

Also...

I can eat at restaurants.

Yeah. Like, legit no-joke for real actually sit down in a goddamn restaurant without being asked to show papers. In Hawaii where I came from they don't let me do that. They don't even let me step foot into public libraries. Mexico is more open, friendly, progressive, liberal, and non-discriminatory than ****ing Hawaii, the so-called "Aloha" state.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

flowerthief00 wrote:
January 17th, 2022, 7:11 pm
jamesbond wrote:
January 9th, 2022, 2:45 pm
Let us know how things go in Mexico. I was in Mexico once, me and my brother visited Tijuana a long time ago.

Well so far there has been the good, the bad and maybe the ugly too, but the following things were NOT needed for me to enter Mexico:

1. vaccines
2. quarantine
3. insurance
4. expensive visa fees
5. some nurse inserting a stick far up my nose

So already it's better than pretty much any alternative.

Also...

I can eat at restaurants.

Yeah. Like, legit no-joke for real actually sit down in a goddamn restaurant without being asked to show papers. In Hawaii where I came from they don't let me do that. They don't even let me step foot into public libraries. Mexico is more open, friendly, progressive, liberal, and non-discriminatory than ****ing Hawaii, the so-called "Aloha" state.
Cross the border into the free state of Texas and you'll have the same experience. I've been here a little over a month, and life is normal except for a few diapered zombies wandering around. So far, I love the little city I've landed in.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

True, there are still some free places in the US. Good to hear that about Texas.

Mexicans love the diapers, I have to report.
glanmit
Freshman Poster

Post by glanmit »

I've been living in Austria for two years now, and I absolutely love it here. While the bureaucracy can be a bit challenging at times, that seems to be the only downside. Residing in a picturesque mountain village, driving a comfortable car, and easily ordering vignettes online https://vignetteoesterreich.eu/ have all contributed to a smooth and enjoyable experience. Additionally, we're fortunate to have access to an abundance of natural, high-quality produce. Overall, despite the bureaucratic hurdles, the beauty of my surroundings and the convenience of daily life make it a wonderful place to call home