Practical vs. Gold-digger

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Practical vs. Gold-digger

Post by ladislav »

There is a difference between a cold-hearted gold digger and just a woman who wants a stable man to provide a good life for her and the future kids.
I don't think any of us here would like for our daughters to date/marry good-for-nothing, indigent, flaky hobos. We would probably want our son-in-law to be a responsible man who can give our daughters a good life.
And I am happy my father raised me as a middle class kid.
A woman who wants a full package: someone reasonably good looking, kind, interesting, but at the same time, a good provider, is not doing anything wrong. That's the way nature intended it to be. We hunt; they provide beauty, care, love, fertility, affection --and raise our kids.
But a gold digger is different. She is not interested in you as a man or a human being at all. Zero! Zilch! She has no plan to love you. She doesn't even want to be friends. She just goes straight for cash. She's a steely eyed predator, her smile is that of a crocodile, no questions from her, no conversation, just silence and then, a request for money.
Her goal is to get as much as possible by giving as little as possible or not giving anything at all. She will lie, use tricks, create fake emergencies, fake dramas, all to extract as much money out of you as she can and then dump you bleeding-- while she's laughing all the way to the bank.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Practical vs. Gold-digger

Post by publicduende »

I think any man worth his salt should be able to tell the difference between
  • a woman who offers "the package" (beauty + intellect + ambition) and expects the same from her men, and
  • one who expects the sun and the moon without giving much in return, besides, maybe, some fleeting outer beauty.
Those men who can't tell the difference are exposed to gold diggers and may end up in a world of misery.