Companies Who Say, "Were A Family"

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Companies Who Say, "Were A Family"

Post by jamesbond »

Companies who say, "Were a family" don't really mean "family" at all. It's a ploy to get you to think the company really cares about you, when in reality, they couldn't care less about you.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

mattyman
Junior Poster

Re: Companies Who Say, "Were A Family"

Post by mattyman »

We're a 'family business'; sounds like a nice buzzword. Now, making a business, knowing the regular customers, customers know you, who's mom, pop and son, they customers know the staff etc. As the chap says, it's usually smaller companies that have that community-like thing. Not to knock regular customers dynamic, that CAN be exploited (when companies get big and lose their ethics).

Some people that call themselves 'family' businesses are really in the corporate area. Once people have that corporate impersonal aspect, that's when it's not a 'family business' but 'corporate'.

As for being a 'team player', fitting-in, a lot of things could be said. Does sound according to the video it's something impersonal.

Regarding calling the company 'the family'. That's not good.

Then there's the co-workers/coleagues part. Oh boy! Those dynamics are certainly not what a small 'family business; should be about. The office politics and all the other rubbish.

In conclusion; family businesses are good as long as it's a personable environment to work in and they're involved with customers.

American and British corporate companies are NOT families.

Cheers James, thanks for sharing