What do you say when a woman uses the "male privilege" card?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

What do you say when a woman uses the "male privilege" card?

Post by Temprano26 »

OK, so I have conflicts with my sister about feminism pretty much every time I pay her a visit. To be clear, I love my sister and do not want to paint her as part of the feminazi brigade; we are both liberals born in Austin,TX and as I have gotten older have gone more toward the center and I reject the left's fringe elements. But regardless of our differing shades of politics, we both share the same love of weed, which is "legal legal" in Seattle, where we were just up there smoking with our father, and "kinda sorta basically legal" in Austin. Weed makes the world go around!

But our arguments never stem from Trump, whom we both dislike, nor even from Democratic candidates. No, everything boils down to what I do for a living - massage therapy, in particular SPORTS THERAPY. I incorporate stretches into sessions to make people feel taller, to increase blood circulation and enhancing mobilization to make people run faster.

Also, I used to have headaches a lot more than I do now before I reduced them by 90% using scalp massage, one of my signatures that has gotten people coming back to me. My return clientele have so often been people that request deep tissue sessions to aid in their workouts, including one woman who stated "my husband has an issue about guys touching him. I told him he needs to get over that", which I applauded. Massage is medical, damn it! It is not a matter of what gender your therapist is! But I spent the past year working two jobs, three for a minute, and basically living on scraps because of gender bias. I literally heard a female instructor say "tell them you are a professional, that you are not going to molest them". But I shouldn't have to assure anybody I am not going to harm them just because of perceived bias against my gender. One of those two jobs was at a spa that I didn't choose but fell in my lap. I was literally the one male therapist in the building. The therapists were female, front desk was female, owner was a female, clientele were 9 out of 10 female with guys mostly only there because their wives dragged them in. The staff were all friendly but the anti-male bias was so strong that half of them never got on my table in a show of support. If a woman raved about me to other women, those women would say "you had a male therapist and he was good?" Or they cannot get past this idea that a male therapist is a predator in waiting regardless that he has been around women all the time creating a safe environment. A man cannot jump over enough hurdles to satisfy these man-haters. The reason I created any success at all at this place was word-of-mouth among women. One woman raves about me to her mother and her mother comes in to see me a month later. One woman raves about to her friend, her friend raves about me to her basketball coach that used to play in the WNBA. She came in only at 6'5 and I made her 6'7" because tall people always have a higher shelf to reach. But the damn spa kept hiring more females and booking them first then leaving me scraps when they were fully booked. I literally had Sundays where I didn't even have to come in to work because everything was handed to the females on a plate. If I wasn't good at what I do, I would have had no work at all because spas are a zero-sum game in which a man will always lose. That is why spas are worthy of my contempt, not to mention that they promote this false idea that massage therapy is sensually rubbing oil on your back. That is why people see massage as something trivial that isn't worth paying for, hence having two jobs that told me hang tight until gift card season. And by hang tight I mean come into work waiting hours for somebody to walk in and of course they don't walk in or they wanted a female therapist anyway. Even worse is that I cannot discuss massage therapy among guys without them making sophomoric crass jokes because they can't separate massage from sex nor understand that a man can touch female bodies without it being sexual. Massage is medical, damn it! What we do improves peoples' lives better than the medical industrial complex ever did! It shows just how sexually frustrated American society is that we can't understand that.

But that is what I argue with my sister about. Her argument boils down to "women are traumatized and that is why you cannot say hello to them on the train or merely exist at your job because being a man is a trigger warning". Those aren't her exact words but all I try to do is ask a girl on the New York subway about jazz clubs in the area and she looks at me like a scared rabbit. Or when I speak of just trying to earn a living promoting wellness to women my sister says "you have had male privilege your whole life!" I would like to point out that men are sentenced to 60% more prison time than women for the same crime but that does not fit in with her feminist narrative of men being the privileged ruling class that wakes up just trying to keep women down. Again, my sister is not the enemy and in fact, she got on my table for a two hour session. She is just a young misguided idealist that is easily manipulated emotionally so thinks victimhood makes a person right. Massage therapy is the opposite of victimhood, it is the opposite of going on the internet getting angry at the other gender. In short, massage therapy is an actual solution to your problems other than complaining, which is what people do these days.
HappyGuy

Re: What do you say when a woman uses the "male privilege" card?

Post by HappyGuy »

Men have harder lives than women with the exception of a small minority of men. The majority of men are invisible to women, women don't care about facts and many find the suffering of men hilarious. You sound like you're letting your sister repeat feminist lies and walk all over you, when you have better job security or you're getting ready to quit that place you should stand up to those women at a meeting and make it clear to all of them just how inferior women are at massage and everything else. But in the long run it's a waste of time and you should just take your skills to a more sane country.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Post by Temprano26 »

I did in fact, quit that job because no self-respecting man would ever have stayed there longer than was necessary. And my sister was right there with my father too sometimes bashing men in a passive aggressive kind of way because patriarchy and blah blah blah.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Temprano26 wrote:
February 4th, 2020, 9:04 am
OK, so I have conflicts with my sister about feminism pretty much every time I pay her a visit. To be clear, I love my sister and do not want to paint her as part of the feminazi brigade; we are both liberals born in Austin,TX and as I have gotten older have gone more toward the center and I reject the left's fringe elements. But regardless of our differing shades of politics, we both share the same love of weed, which is "legal legal" in Seattle, where we were just up there smoking with our father, and "kinda sorta basically legal" in Austin. Weed makes the world go around!

But our arguments never stem from Trump, whom we both dislike, nor even from Democratic candidates. No, everything boils down to what I do for a living - massage therapy, in particular SPORTS THERAPY. I incorporate stretches into sessions to make people feel taller, to increase blood circulation and enhancing mobilization to make people run faster.

Also, I used to have headaches a lot more than I do now before I reduced them by 90% using scalp massage, one of my signatures that has gotten people coming back to me. My return clientele have so often been people that request deep tissue sessions to aid in their workouts, including one woman who stated "my husband has an issue about guys touching him. I told him he needs to get over that", which I applauded. Massage is medical, damn it! It is not a matter of what gender your therapist is! But I spent the past year working two jobs, three for a minute, and basically living on scraps because of gender bias. I literally heard a female instructor say "tell them you are a professional, that you are not going to molest them". But I shouldn't have to assure anybody I am not going to harm them just because of perceived bias against my gender. One of those two jobs was at a spa that I didn't choose but fell in my lap. I was literally the one male therapist in the building. The therapists were female, front desk was female, owner was a female, clientele were 9 out of 10 female with guys mostly only there because their wives dragged them in. The staff were all friendly but the anti-male bias was so strong that half of them never got on my table in a show of support. If a woman raved about me to other women, those women would say "you had a male therapist and he was good?" Or they cannot get past this idea that a male therapist is a predator in waiting regardless that he has been around women all the time creating a safe environment. A man cannot jump over enough hurdles to satisfy these man-haters. The reason I created any success at all at this place was word-of-mouth among women. One woman raves about me to her mother and her mother comes in to see me a month later. One woman raves about to her friend, her friend raves about me to her basketball coach that used to play in the WNBA. She came in only at 6'5 and I made her 6'7" because tall people always have a higher shelf to reach. But the damn spa kept hiring more females and booking them first then leaving me scraps when they were fully booked. I literally had Sundays where I didn't even have to come in to work because everything was handed to the females on a plate. If I wasn't good at what I do, I would have had no work at all because spas are a zero-sum game in which a man will always lose. That is why spas are worthy of my contempt, not to mention that they promote this false idea that massage therapy is sensually rubbing oil on your back. That is why people see massage as something trivial that isn't worth paying for, hence having two jobs that told me hang tight until gift card season. And by hang tight I mean come into work waiting hours for somebody to walk in and of course they don't walk in or they wanted a female therapist anyway. Even worse is that I cannot discuss massage therapy among guys without them making sophomoric crass jokes because they can't separate massage from sex nor understand that a man can touch female bodies without it being sexual. Massage is medical, damn it! What we do improves peoples' lives better than the medical industrial complex ever did! It shows just how sexually frustrated American society is that we can't understand that.
There are men's rights websites and youtube videos that can give you a long list of disadvantages males face. Biologically we tend to have shorter lifespans, especially with the advance of modern medicine and women giving birth to fewer children. Bill Burr has a routine where he concludes that getting a dollar more an hour is what he gets for being the one who has to go down in a ship without a life raft. 'Women and children first. What about me??'

I'm not a liberal. I'd advise any man looking for a woman to avoid any woman who seriously uses the term 'male privilege' or 'the patriarchy' seriously. I spent much of my life in Indonesia, and I can only remember one Chinese Indonesian who called herself a feminist. She was mourning and kvetching about some older eligible Chinese guy we all knew knew marrying a pretty young Chinese women that wasn't her. He probably didn't want a feminist either. She wasn't bad looking, but the woman he married was a stunner.

As far as massage goes, that's your chosen field and you can help people a lot who have sore muscles, etc. That's fine. But I support any man's right not to have another dude rub his body, but like I think women or their husbands should be able to refuse male OBGYNs, or that any patient should be allowed to discriminate against doctors based on gender.

I rarely have gotten massages from people. Once, my back was hurting really bad and my wife got a guy from the markeplace to come to the house, rubbed out the soreness, but just my back. I don't want people touching me all over. I don't mind my wife doing that.

I have had women massage my feet and calves in Indonesia. It's maybe three dollars for 10 minutes or so, in an open an visible area. The woman who did it massaged too hard which was counter productive. A massage therapist I'm kin to in the US told me that women massage men way harder than men would.
The
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Temprano26 wrote:
February 4th, 2020, 9:04 am

There are men's rights websites and youtube videos that can give you a long list of disadvantages males face. Biologically we tend to have shorter lifespans, especially with the advance of modern medicine and women giving birth to fewer children. Bill Burr has a routine where he concludes that getting a dollar more an hour is what he gets for being the one who has to go down in a ship without a life raft. 'Women and children first. What about me??'

I'm not a liberal. I'd advise any man looking for a woman to avoid any woman who seriously uses the term 'male privilege' or 'the patriarchy' seriously. I spent much of my life in Indonesia, and I can only remember one Chinese Indonesian who called herself a feminist. She was mourning and kvetching about some older eligible Chinese guy we all knew knew marrying a pretty young Chinese women that wasn't her. He probably didn't want a feminist either. She wasn't bad looking, but the woman he married was a stunner.

As far as massage goes, that's your chosen field and you can help people a lot who have sore muscles, etc. That's fine. But I support any man's right not to have another dude rub his body, but like I think women or their husbands should be able to refuse male OBGYNs, or that any patient should be allowed to discriminate against doctors based on gender.

I rarely have gotten massages from people. Once, my back was hurting really bad and my wife got a guy from the markeplace to come to the house, rubbed out the soreness, but just my back. I don't want people touching me all over. I don't mind my wife doing that.

I have had women massage my feet and calves in Indonesia. It's maybe three dollars for 10 minutes or so, in an open an visible area. The woman who did it massaged too hard which was counter productive. A massage therapist I'm kin to in the US told me that women massage men way harder than men would.
The