Anyone ever had good or bad experiences with Meetup groups?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
traveller
Junior Poster

Anyone ever had good or bad experiences with Meetup groups?

Post by traveller »

As I understand it, Meetup groups are supposedly special activity/outing groups where people supposedly interact with each other. Now, I have had a few pleasant experiences with Meetup groups. However, this past Saturday night, I went to a Meetup group event over at the Firestone Skybar in downtown Fort Myers, and the ladies only introduced themselves, and then didn't even bother hanging out with me for the rest of the night. It's like I was the only outcast in the group.

Has anyone else who was part of a Meetup group had that kind of experience? Even in a group that supposedly catered to single adults?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

mattyman
Junior Poster

Re: Anyone ever had good or bad experiences with Meetup grou

Post by mattyman »

Most meetup groups I've attended have been a largely older demographic, or else are semi-dead, or happn too infrequently to be viable opportunities.

I have found CS meets to be far better socially. It depends what sort of city you're in. If it's one with lots of students and people who've movd in to work, meetup groups can be an OK avenue.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Re: Anyone ever had good or bad experiences with Meetup grou

Post by WorldTraveler »

traveller wrote:As I understand it, Meetup groups are supposedly special activity/outing groups where people supposedly interact with each other. Now, I have had a few pleasant experiences with Meetup groups. However, this past Saturday night, I went to a Meetup group event over at the Firestone Skybar in downtown Fort Myers, and the ladies only introduced themselves, and then didn't even bother hanging out with me for the rest of the night. It's like I was the only outcast in the group.

Has anyone else who was part of a Meetup group had that kind of experience? Even in a group that supposedly catered to single adults?
The city I live in has meetup groups for everything. The older aged groups get a bigger turnout. The foodie ones get a pretty good turnouts too. The younger ones get the smallest turnout. I went to one the other night that I had been wanting to attend for 6 months. There were only about 11 people there and the only good looking girl was married. The other 5 girls sat in a group and didn't talk to the guys. 4 of the 5 were fatties so I didn't care. None of the guys were cool either so I probably will never attend that meetup again, unless I like the restaurant. I prefer stand-up meetups at bars or outdoor concerts, etc. Then I can leave if I don't like the people. I've been to a couple of food meetups where the ugly women were not even friendly. The cute ones will give me their numbers but they seldom follow up. They prefer the attention they get at the meetups from their girlfriends and beta males. :evil: