Why are american people too ignorant

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
dinhgiohu
Freshman Poster

Why are american people too ignorant

Post by dinhgiohu »

I have a group of friends and they lately have been criticizing me so much and its gotten to the point where I am tired of it. I am vietnamese guy living in america and I have a favorite vietnamese female singer named Ha Thanh Xuan and I told them that I am planning on going to the concert to see her soon. It is in a city near me about 80 miles and I am going to drive there to see her and meet her in person and get her autograph. These friends of mine have no idea how the vietnamese entertainment industry works. They criticized me and say that I am lying because there are no posters of the concert listed on her public facebook profile. I tried explaining to them that the people in the local areas who holds these concerts post posters on local vietnamese business doors but they still won't believe me. They call me a liar and said that if there was really a concert then it would be listed on her public facebook profile. I don't know what to do to explain to them anymore and they are just so ignorant and won't believe me. I am just so frustrated and they keep on boiling my blood. Are all americans like this ?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Re: Why are american people too ignorant

Post by onethousandknives »

Obviously I am not Vietnamese, but I've had examples of this, too. It's almost like a mentality of "Everything HAS to be on the internet nowadays, if it's not it doesn't exist!" And they'll argue this point relentlessly, or maybe sometimes any point (like your example) despite you obviously having more knowledge about it because of you having obviously more experience with it. Not even argue to the point of "oh, OK, cool" but to the point of anger, not out of actual concern for you, but just "HAHA, he's an IDIOT." Were your friends even concerned about you driving 80 miles to see her and her not being there? No. They just wanted to make you look like an idiot. It's a type of weird one-upsmanship.

Here's an argument for me, though. I brought up that I was actually getting overcharged for one brand of paint I was buying, and found another store that sells it cheaper. My sister's boyfriend then told me I was an idiot for not getting it online, and to only go to a storefront once for advice. I tried telling him it's basically impossible to buy paint online due to it needing to be tinted, and shipping cost, and he asked for the paint brand and said "SEE, look! It's online" and first off, the storefront looked old and inactive, and the paint was no cheaper than buying it from a storefront. Nevermind if one wanted the paint, they'd need the color code which is only available from the storefront when looking at color cards. Then of course shipping would be $10-20 per gallon. But hey man, everything is cheaper online. Eventually he told me I should call the manufacturer directly and ask them to sell paint to me directly (first off, this would be like me asking Sony to sell me a PS4 for cheaper than it costs at Walmart) and I told him I didn't have a tinting machine to tint paint (context, I have a painting business) then he suggested me buying an $8000 tinting machine. Then when he suggested this I laughed at him as this was absurd but he was 100% serious and left and he slammed the door and wouldn't talk to me.

It is weird, though, both the one-upsmanship, the idea that EVERYTHING is on the internet.