Why do Filipinos NEVER share costs with foreigners or treat?!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Daddy Wu
Freshman Poster

Re: Why do Filipinos NEVER share costs w/ foreigners or trea

Post by Daddy Wu »

Winston wrote:LOL it seems that Falcon knows how to play the "Daddy Wu" role more than the one posing as Daddy Wu. lol. He's got it down.
Winston! My son!

Daddy not buddy!

Daddy tell you truth always! No one else!

Be good Chinese son! Listen to Daddy!

Love,
Your Daddy
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Re: Why do Filipinos NEVER share costs w/ foreigners or trea

Post by Voyager1 »

Winston Wu you love you daddy. Now be good boy. Do as he say!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why do Filipinos NEVER share costs with foreigners or treat?!

Post by Winston »

Something I posted under Filipina Pea's new video:

Pea, I have a question. How come Filipinas always TAKE more than they give? Even good Filipinas do that. Hence the old adage "It's better to give than to receive" definitely does NOT apply in the Philippines. You can't deny that. This is 100 percent obvious. People there always love to receive, but not to give much. Even good Filipinas follow this pattern. That's why Filipinas always say "Don't forget my pasalubong" when you go on a trip. Isn't that unfair? Also, even on Valentine's Day, our Filipina girlfriends never give us anything, not even chocolate hearts or candies or flowers. Why? Why are they always take take take, receive receive receive? In the PH, to receive definitely seems like the highest desire. lol. You know that right? You can't deny it. It's crystal clear and obvious.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Winston wrote:
April 30th, 2024, 7:25 pm
Pea, I have a question. How come Filipinas always TAKE more than they give? Even good Filipinas do that. Hence the old adage "It's better to give than to receive" definitely does NOT apply in the Philippines. You can't deny that. This is 100 percent obvious. People there always love to receive, but not to give much. Even good Filipinas follow this pattern. That's why Filipinas always say "Don't forget my pasalubong" when you go on a trip. Isn't that unfair? Also, even on Valentine's Day, our Filipina girlfriends never give us anything, not even chocolate hearts or candies or flowers. Why? Why are they always take take take, receive receive receive? In the PH, to receive definitely seems like the highest desire. lol. You know that right? You can't deny it. It's crystal clear and obvious.
Interesting question.

Remember that, in a culture like the Filipino, the joy of giving is constantly spoiled by the "utang", the pressure of having to give.

While Filipinos are usually not so eager to give, or give away, they strongly feel a responsibility, an obligation, even, to help their family, relatives, and even friends in time of need, if asked. The last two statements - "in time of need" and "if asked" - are key here.

The definition of "need" can be very arbitrary, from a legit medical emergency that will save someone's life, to the desire to own the a new mobile phone, to the greed in wanting to own another condo or plot of land.

And about "if asked", Filipinos will rarely shy away from asking. In their culture, there is no shame in asking, even if the chances of getting are slim. They feel even less shame when they know that the recipient of their request is allegedly wealthier than them, or is known to have a soft heart. Most foreigners, in their eyes at least, tick both of those boxes.

It's a shitty culture, and one that encourages a chain of debt, material or metaphorical. Person A needs money from Person B. Person B doesn't have the money but cannot say no, as they have been helped by Person A in the past, or they know they migh need a favour from Person A in the near future. Person B has no other choice than asking Person C to "loan" them some money. Person C gets persuaded because they're family, or good friends with Person B. Also Person C might be, or want to be, indebted with Person B.

The net effect is entangling yet another individual into the chain.

The worst happens when Person A doesn't really need money, but has been convinced to join the umpteenth scam, where they are "guaranteed" that, if they get their hands on 100 and "invest", they will be able to get 150 within a few weeks or months. Sometimes they fall into the scam with their own money. Most of the time, and I find this utterly odious, they do nurture some suspicions about the offer but decide to go for it with someone else's money. They borrow 100 from a family or close friends, knowing that there is a high chance that the lender will never see that money again. Since this is indeed the case, we find two people in debt with each other, and a scammer who pockets the "investment" and makes a vague excuse about "the markets not going well".

I tell you all this by personal experience. I have been asked for money to pay for someone's mom's heart surgery. The guy went as far as showing me a photo of her mom in a hospital bed. I know the guy was lying because, at the same time, he was deep into the usual scam (based on an imaginary new crypto token). Also, every time I asked him to meet his Mom, he suspiciously said he didn't want to.

He "borrowed" 100,000 from me and only managed to partly repay his debt because he worked for me for a few months, taking care of my closing business in Davao.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
April 30th, 2024, 7:25 pm
Something I posted under Filipina Pea's new video:

Pea, I have a question. How come Filipinas always TAKE more than they give? Even good Filipinas do that. Hence the old adage "It's better to give than to receive" definitely does NOT apply in the Philippines. You can't deny that. This is 100 percent obvious. People there always love to receive, but not to give much. Even good Filipinas follow this pattern...
Only Filipinas? How is this different from Thai girls, and especially from Western women?

Only the way how they demand, and how much they demand is different, but basically the same....
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Yohan wrote:
May 4th, 2024, 5:55 pm
Only Filipinas? How is this different from Thai girls, and especially from Western women?

Only the way how they demand, and how much they demand is different, but basically the same....
Still, there is a way Filipinos demand money which is deeply ingrained in their culture. It's just the expectation that whoever is (perceived to be) wealthier than them and have even the slightest acquaintance with them, automatically gets the responsibility to take care of them.

For all their defects, Western women tend to be more independent. Their currency is between their legs, like every woman.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

All businesses take more than they give, that's how they make a profit. Otherwise they couldn't survive. However many filipinas try to get money for free. They want something for nothing. I don't like that. It's shameful and dishonorable. It's probably why they are poor because such an attitude creates bad karma and lowers their class. At least filipinas are more generous with their time but not their money. In contrast American women are not generous with their time but they can be generous with their money.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

publicduende wrote:
May 4th, 2024, 10:09 pm
Yohan wrote:
May 4th, 2024, 5:55 pm

Still, there is a way Filipinos demand money which is deeply ingrained in their culture. It's just the expectation that whoever is (perceived to be) wealthier than them and have even the slightest acquaintance with them, automatically gets the responsibility to take care of them.

For all their defects, Western women tend to be more independent. Their currency is between their legs, like every woman.
But why do some filipinas, especially those in Angeles city, think that it's ok to ask me for 400 dollars after knowing me for a few minutes and not even having one date with me yet? Isn't that attempt like futile and 100 percent impossible?

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Winston wrote:
May 6th, 2024, 11:37 pm
But why do some filipinas, especially those in Angeles city, think that it's ok to ask me for 400 dollars after knowing me for a few minutes and not even having one date with me yet? Isn't that attempt like futile and 100 percent impossible?
Wow, @Winston, did you meet a girl who asked you for such a large amount of money after just meeting you? That's completely insane. I guess it's just one of those stupid skunks trying their luck. If she had the slightest desire to have a single serious date with you, let alone a relationship, she would have never went that far.