American men shooting freethinkers down

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

American men shooting freethinkers down

Post by MattHanson1990 »

American women have shot me down the most, but a lot of American men have as well (except those in this movement). American men tend to be more down to earth than American women, but a lot of them are also mean-spirited, fake, and plastic. In the US, a lot of men are jerks while most women are stuck up narcissistic entitlement queens. If you tell a non-HA American man about the differences between American women and foreign women, he will shoot you down by giving you politically correct bullshit, especially if you tell an alpha male or a pick-up artist about the differences.

American men will give you PC crap if they fit into any of these categories:

-They have only traveled in the US and/or Canada
-They have only traveled to Western Europe, particularly for business purposes
-They haven't travelled that much in less developed countries while doing most of their traveling in North America.

I have only traveled in the US and Mexico, and the only place in Mexico I've been to was Ciudad Juarez. But I noticed that the differences between Juarez and most places I've been to in America were like night and day.
Last edited by MattHanson1990 on May 23rd, 2015, 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: American men shooting freethinkers down

Post by Jester »

Didnt you already start a thread on this same topic?
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Jester wrote:Didnt you already start a thread on this same topic?
I did mention the two Americans in Ciudad Juarez shooting me down on a different thread, but I didn't start a thread on how dysfunctional a lot of American men (non-HA) are until now.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I too fancy myself a freethinker, and I have experienced this "shooting down" phenomenon. It is a form of "Cognitive Dissonance" in that those who experience it believe it might be true, but it goes against their conditioned beliefs. Their negative reaction reinforces their thoughts to the contrary.

Think of the Shakespearean quote, "The woman doth protesteth too much," which means a woman to negatively overreacts in an interaction with you is likely fighting conflicting feelings of passing for you. That same principle is a play with being shot down because you are challenging one's worldview.

With few exceptions, Americans are not an intellectual people. We are a dogmatic people and dogma likes to dominate and stamp out freethought.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 21st, 2020, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:I too fancy myself a freethinker, and I have experienced this "shooting down" phenomenon. It is a form of "Cognitive Dissonance" in that those who experience it believe it might be true, but it goes against their conditioned beliefs. Their negative reaction reinforces their thoughts to the contrary.

Think of the Shakespearean quote, "The woman doth protesteth too much," which means a woman to negatively overreacts in an interaction with you is likely fighting conflicting feelings of passing for you. That same principle is a play with being shot down because you are challenging one's worldview.

With few exceptions, Americans are not an intellectual people. We are a dogmatic people and dogma likes to dominate and stamp out freethought.
I agree with most of this.

But I'm not comfortable with your use of the word "intellectual". A lot of Pacific Islanders for example, who have the ability to listen and perceive and feel and observe, might spend little or no time on intellectual pursuits. But they might accept and understand your heartfelt worldview easier than a defensive, educated American.

What I'm saying is that "intellectuals" can be bullies. And non-intellectuals can be open-minded.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."