I guess Americans must really hate less fortunate people!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: I guess Americans must really hate less fortunate people

Post by OutWest »

Have you worked or volunteered to work with the homeless? I have not, but have a couple of friends who volunteer for efforts to help homeless people. People who are homeless for purely economic reasons are the easiest to help. The majority do not
fit in this category. In most cases, drug abuse, criminal behavior and mental problems were closely connected to their situation.
These folks are the hardest to help, as for them, homelessness is a symptom of their overall situation. My own observations are that those with healthy family relationships are pretty unlikely to be homeless, as the family acts as a safety net. Many of those with the more serious problems I mention, have so seriously burned their bridges behind them that they are not welcome
with any friends and family. The homeless shelters I am aware of seem to have their hands full dealing with all of these unemployable people. To make it personal, a friend or relative who is merely have a hard time with unemployment will likely be welcome for as much time as they need with my extra bedroom. The drug addict with a long criminal record is not welcome...kinda simple.

Re: I guess Americans must really hate less fortunate people!

Post by Guest »

traveller wrote:
November 4th, 2014, 9:20 pm
I have been monitoring the election results, and totally can not believe it. All four Tea Party states; Wisconsin, Maine, Ohio, and Florida, have re elected their Tea Party governors for second terms. But in addition to that, many other states including Illinois, Michigan, Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Iowa, Wyoming, and Colorado, have also apparently voted Tea Party. As it appears, it seems that America has really developed a raging hatred for less fortunate people, especially including people with disabilities, people who are discriminated against because of race, color and such, and therefore can not find a job, and who knows what else. The Tea Party has taken up practically the entire Republican party, and the Tea Party is a destroyer to Medicare, Medicaid, and services for people with disabilities.
Nothing has changed in the 6 years since this was written. It really doesn't make sense, why more fortunate/richer people would hate people less fortunate than themselves. It's not just the poor white trash that are haters. It's also wealthy people too. They believe that poor people are poor because they are lazy. Why they hate on poor people, is because they are an easy target. These people always believe everything is a win loose game. They don't believe life is a win win game. They believe for them to get ahead someone has to be pushed down. They don't realize when things are better for poor people, the economy is better for rich people people too. I believe it's just another form of insecurity. Insecure people only feel good when they see others doing poorly.