City Girls: Are they possibly the worst in the world?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

City Girls: Are they possibly the worst in the world?

Post by fightforlove »

While reading online dating profiles, do you ever come across these urban-dwelling women that say something like "please do not message me unless you actually live in the city"? Have you ever been rejected by a girl because you don't reside in one of the hip, urban neighborhoods of your city?

I live in the Chicago metro suburbs, I'm a native to the area and my family members live/have lived all over this city and its suburbs for generations. I try to respect and embrace the whole metro/regional area and I'm always curious to explore new neighborhoods, meet new people, et cetera. Yet I frequently run into this zipcode snobbery from city proper dwellers, many of whom aren't even Illinois natives (they're transplants from other states). "Eww, I wont go beyond Addison Avenue" they quip to me. "I won't date anyone who lives out there, what's out there anyways?" I encountered similar attitudes when I myself was a transplant living in Los Angeles, California: "OMG, ur girlfriend lives way out in Azusa, who lives out there??!" and "ill, why do you want to go to the valley?" I've heard this same insufferable vibe is prevalent amongst women in all of the big American cities: New York, Boston, Chicago, L.A., San Fran, etc. Heard that zip code snobbery is especially bad in New York where Manhattan women look down their noses at men who live/work in New Jersey or the "less-chic" boroughs of NY. Just read the comments in this post for example:

http://andthatswhyyouresingle.com/2013/ ... b-singles/

"Moxie is spot on with her comment that city singles are more attractive both physically and mentally. They work out more, dress well, etc. because they are always observed by the most stylish and sometimes pretty people where in the burbs you are in your car all the time so it doesn’t matter as much, people always use cars and don’t walk as much as the city people and so that contributes to their weight, etc."

Are these the most egotistical, condescending people on the planet?

Yet, apparently, some of these women eventually lower their god-complex enough to consider men in the suburbs:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... -love.html

I especially enjoyed the quote by the girl who goes to the wealthy suburbs to meet “Mature Men who work at banks and hedge fundsâ€￾ LoL!

And of course, life gets rough when the partying attrition takes its toll and these women start approaching the Wall:

http://www.yelp.com/topic/chicago-sick- ... saken-city

I know we've debated city girls vs country girls. Personally, although I absolutely love exploring the countryside, I'm primarily a cosmopolitan person. It's where I work and have lived my whole life. I'm attracted to women who dress cosmopolitan, live cosmopolitan (city and suburbs), but are not stuck-up about it and closed-minded to everything else!! Does this type of woman exist? Some of you glorify small town American girls, several of my relatives live in small towns, but when I go to small towns, all I see are meth addicts, 19-year-old single moms and married couples. The numbers just aren't there and the quality is really low. There are probably quality women in small towns, but they're married off quite young. There are much better numbers in metropolitan areas. Still, it seems you have to really slog through the dregs of western society when you're in the big town.
Last edited by fightforlove on April 30th, 2014, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Girls who live in big cities tend to be snobs but hell, so do the girls that live in the suburbs. I live way out in the suburbs in BFE (butt f***ed Egypt) and girls out here are just as snobby as the girls in the city. :shock:

The problem with living in the suburbs is, there are hardly any single women here, most of the women in the suburbs are married.

I can go weeks without seeing any single women here in the suburbs, it can be very lonely and depressing living here. :cry:
Last edited by jamesbond on May 1st, 2014, 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Post by TopSpruce »

I think you need to find a whole country that is mostly rural.

In Belarus, I visited a village and found a nice girl. Unfortunately, she was only visiting for the weekend since she went to college in the city.

In countries where there are lots of cities, most village girls leave and move to those cities for school or work. Only old people stay behind in the villages.

On the other hand, there are places such as Cambodia, Yemen, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, that are still majority rural. These places seem promising. Do you have any experience with such majority rural countries?
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

In Chicago, the women are very bad quality, but in the suburbs, especially the collar county (DuPage, Lake, McHenry, Kane, and Will counties) area, the women are even worse quality. Even in the satellite communities; even as far flung as Sycamore and DeKalb, there are no good quality women.

It's funny, but when I used to take classes at College of DuPage, quite a few classmates did in fact used to tell me that they thought that my residence was too far away for them. But things still did not change when I started riding my bicycle out there (I live within the Berwyn/Cicero/Stickney area). Even when I rode as far as Aurora, Batavia, Elgin, and even rode 3 times all the way to Northern Illinois University on my bicycle. It was and is still just the same snobby behaviors that in fact appear to get worse the farther I go from Chicago proper. Although I did encounter a few isolated/widely scattered pockets of hospitality out in the suburbs before. In Chicagoland, it's like the farther you go from Chicago proper, the more cold, dry and barren the social atmosphere becomes. The safer and more quiet a neighborhood is, especially in the suburbs, the more intolerant and hateful the people of that neighborhood are towards anyone who does not live right next door. It's like each zip code is a total quarantine. Like according to these people, one needs a passport to cross into another town or even another neighborhood in Chicagoland. From my experiences, it seems that the zip code snobbery is bad in the city proper, but it is far, far worse in the suburbs, especially the middle and outer suburbs. Northern Illinois is a totally upside down region.
traveller
Junior Poster

Re: City Girls: Are they possibly the worst in the world?

Post by traveller »

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

traveller wrote:It's funny, but when I used to take classes at College of DuPage, quite a few classmates did in fact used to tell me that they thought that my residence was too far away for them. But things still did not change when I started riding my bicycle out there (I live within the Berwyn/Cicero/Stickney area). Even when I rode as far as Aurora, Batavia, Elgin, and even rode 3 times all the way to Northern Illinois University on my bicycle.
You live in the Berwyn/Cicero area and you rode your bike all the way to Glen Ellyn to the College of DuPage? You said you also rode your bike all the way to DeKalb to NIU? That has to be about 60 miles to DeKalb and then 60 miles back home! Holy dog shit is that a long ride on your bicycle! :shock:

Holy Jesus you must of been exhausted after riding your bike all those miles! How long did it take you to get to DeKalb from Cicero/Berwyn?

Jumping Jesus, I can't imagine riding my bike 60 miles one way and 60 miles back home. :shock:
Last edited by jamesbond on May 1st, 2014, 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

jamesbond wrote:
traveller wrote:It's funny, but when I used to take classes at College of DuPage, quite a few classmates did in fact used to tell me that they thought that my residence was too far away for them. But things still did not change when I started riding my bicycle out there (I live within the Berwyn/Cicero/Stickney area). Even when I rode as far as Aurora, Batavia, Elgin, and even rode 3 times all the way to Northern Illinois University on my bicycle.
You live in the Berwyn/Cicero area and you rode your bike all the way to Glen Ellyn to the College of DuPage? You said you also rode your bike all the way to DeKalb to NIU? That has to be about 60 miles to DeKalb and then 60 miles back home! Holy dog shit is that a long ride on your bicycle! :shock:

Holy Jesus you must of been exhausted after riding your bike all those miles! How long did it take you to get to DeKalb from Cicero/Berwyn?

Jumping Jesus, I can't imagine riding my bike 60 miles one way and 60 miles back home. :shock:
NIU/DeKalb was 6 hours one way, and 66 miles one way to be exact. Unfortunately, I burned out on my way back home and had to have my parents come pick me up. First 2 times was in St Charles, the 3rd time was in Sycamore. Aurora and Elgin were 4 hours one way, and Elgin is in fact the farthest distance I ever rode without burning out on the way back home!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

You can see the "Big city" influence in a place like Korea, pretty starkly!

The women in Seoul are nasty, arrogant and completely materialistic...but outside of the big cities, like in the countryside...you can still find traditional Korean women as brides (though with the advancement of Western culture and decadence, along with the parsimonious effects of K-pop and K-dramas, I fear there will be no more good females left in Korea in a few decades...)
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Re: City Girls: Are they possibly the worst in the world?

Post by fightforlove »

traveller wrote: But in Chicagoland, it's practically the opposite, especially with shrinking percentages of super rich guys that get their money and luxury from their 9-5 jobs. There are young women moving from the suburbs right into the ghetto and hooking up with hardened gangsters! Literally, guys that get their 6 and 7 figure incomes, their luxury sports vehicles, and all else, through armed robberies, shootings, homicides, car jackings, drug dealings, burglaries, thefts, all the easy but wrong and illegal way. In Chicagoland, it's the opposite of the girl who goes to the wealthy suburbs to meet mature men who work at banks. Instead, it's the girl who goes to the violent ghetto to meet men who kill, men who steal, men who rob, men who burglarize; in fact, I wouldn't even be surprised if some of them even went to the ghetto to meet men who shot at uniformed police officers, as if they figure that shooting/killing police officers while busted for grand theft auto, robbery, burglary, etc, would keep him out of jail.
Well, that's what they call "the Chicago way" right? :P