The REAL End of Happier Abroad

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Alright, I've warned Bones about his racism--but he wouldn't listen...I've now permanently banned him from this site....

Anyway, I agree with what Adventurer wrote. I'm glad I'm here in China, even though I have some problems related to my job and my recruiter (whose ripping me off...).

I may be in the process of finding another job working for a multi-national here in Shenzhen. Also, I've made many contacts here...and hope to use them if I searching for another job or if I want to be in a different career than what I'm in currently (i.e., teaching English). I also have a girlfriend here as well...

Having my base in Asia allows me easy travel to different Asian countries and gives me the ability to move from one country to another. I also have family in S. Korea, so that is always a safety net for me...

I am truly glad to be in Asia, but all the rants on this forum make me shake my head at those who continue to stay in the U.S., Canada or other unhappy Anglo countries. I'm having a great time here in China, besides my job, so I can only shake my head in sympathy to those who are still stuck in their situation back home. Trust me, guys...it's better abroad than you will ever imagine!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 4th, 2020, 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sfexcellence
Freshman Poster
Location: Body in Vancouver Canada, Mind + Heart + Soul in the World

Post by sfexcellence »

I have tried to move abroad 7 times in the past 32 months (Israel, Switzerland, UK, and four cities in Canada), and I have traveled to Mexico. Initially and beyond, the anger and frustration at my life situation propelled me headlong into the solution, and at a certain point I stopped thinking and just went abroad again and again to try to succeed.

What many5000 said:
"I agree. I don't get why anyone who knows what we know and has seen what we've seen would risk throwing their entire future away by gambling on AW. Even if your plan/solution is to go abroad in a few months and you're just trying to "ease the loneliness" in the meantime, it can all blow up in your face in the blink of an eye and ruin your whole future.
It just isn't worth the risk. AW = tainted, ruined goods. DON'T DO IT.
Focus on your escape plan. Make it happen. Nothing else matters, period."

I totally agree. In fact, be as courageous as you can when it comes time for action, be fearless, and you will make it aborad and be Happier Abroad. When you're not taking action (going abroad), engage locally with expat communities, improve yourself and prepare for the journey abroad, as has been said it's all training for the next series of steps.

I have decided not to start an online business, and to travel, starting with a week long trip to Geneva Switzerland in late May of this year. Things happened in Geneve that forever changed me, and I just have to got back there to see if it's a place for me, regardless of what other people say. We need to pursue our dreams (especially when parts of reality reinforce it) relentlessly and without compromise, I say.
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

Yeah, I really wish there were more tips from Expats on day-to-day life in foreign countries on this website.
TheLegendSeeker
Freshman Poster

Post by TheLegendSeeker »

There are a wide range of topics and discussion. You just have to participate.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

TheLegendSeeker wrote:There are a wide range of topics and discussion. You just have to participate.

He did not write that he wished there were a wide range of topics and discussions. He wrote that he wished that there were more tips from expats on day to day living.

Most HA posts would be more appropriate in a forum called Miserable Here. That shit clutters up the forum and makes it hard for non-loser types to feel any sense of belonging.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Re: The REAL End of Happier Abroad

Post by Mercury »

The_Adventurer wrote:
January 10th, 2014, 6:59 am
Seriously, why is every post these days about America or American women?! Is there nothing better to talk about on a forum supposedly called Happier Abroad? I remember the days when many members here were the guys who were doing it. Now it is just a bunch of complaining from people who haven't gone anywhere, and likely never will, while they speculate that things are just as bad in the outside world. What is the point?
The sad thing is, American women are trash. The whole dating scene in the USA (and also Canada) is in the sewer.

-American women are toxic, selfish, unapproachable, and man-hating.

-It's illegal under Federal law in the USA for men to approach, court, pursue, or flirt with, any woman. Every day, men all over the USA and Canada get arrested and thrown in jail for asking a woman out on a date. And yet they tell the guys that it's the man's job to make the first move. Why? Because American prisons are commercialized and are a source of income for state and Federal governments, and the more people are locked up, the more money the government makes. Americans expect the man to be brave and bold enough to stare down the barrel of a SWAT sharpshooter's rifle like a caught cop killer for asking a woman out.

-There are already movements in Toronto to have male and female passengers ride on separate trains and buses on Toronto's public transportation system.

-Most American women are overweight, with only the supermorbidly obese women being actually single and not in cliques in many cases.

-America's population is 71% MEN and 29% WOMEN. More than half the men that stay in the USA will remain permanently single due to the ratios.

-Many American women are in gangs. They don't like guys that are genuine or down to Earth. The ones covered in tattoos and that have all those body piercings are usually in extremely violent gangs, such as the Crips, the Gangster Disciples, the Mickey Cobras, MS-13, Los Zetas, the Four Corner Hustlers, and the Latin Kings.