Do u have symptoms of demoralization and mental instability?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
BlueEverglades
Freshman Poster

Do u have symptoms of demoralization and mental instability?

Post by BlueEverglades »

Demoralization:

1. Depression resulting from an undermining of morale
2. Upset or destruction of normal function
3. A state of disorder and confusion

Examples of signs and symptoms of mental instability include:

Feeling sad or down
Confused thinking or reduced ability to concentrate
Excessive fears or worries
Extreme mood changes of highs and lows
Withdrawal from friends and activities
Significant tiredness, low energy or problems sleeping
Detachment from reality (delusions), paranoia or hallucinations
Inability to cope with daily problems or stress
Extreme feelings of guilt
Alcohol or drug abuse
Major changes in eating habits
Sex drive changes
Excessive anger, hostility or violence
Suicidal thinking

Sometimes symptoms of a mental health disorder appear as physical problems, such as abdominal pain, back pain, headache, or other unexplained aches and pains.

After reading through these boards I'm picking up on these symptoms from many posters and their pain on America. It is obvious and even research says immigrants suffer from mental diseases as they try to adapt to American culture. I'm going through many of these and it feels awful, I'm sick of america anti-social ways...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 16th, 2020, 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueEverglades
Freshman Poster

Post by BlueEverglades »

Ghost wrote:Even with the problems here, since moving abroad I have not had even one day where I truly felt depressed.
So China is way more social? How was your life here before?
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

You'll have to find a way to help yourself mentally now before you're able to get out of your predicament and find solutions.

Help: http://www.amazon.com/The-Mindful-throu ... depression

Help: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... depression
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

Your values determine your well-being. I am not referring to conscious values of the ego which are basically illusions, but rather the unconscious drives originating from deeper aspects of the psyche. These are determined first and foremost by your conditioning. Modern, "individualistic" society is guaranteed to condition you in such a way that will poison your values and make you miserable, therefore you need to purify yourself. Moving abroad if you are unhappy will not revitalise your spirit. If you're lucky, you will merely get to distract yourself a bit more than you previously did. This is not a solution.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

lavezzi wrote:Your values determine your well-being. I am not referring to conscious values of the ego which are basically illusions, but rather the unconscious drives originating from deeper aspects of the psyche. These are determined first and foremost by your conditioning. Modern, "individualistic" society is guaranteed to condition you in such a way that will poison your values and make you miserable, therefore you need to purify yourself. Moving abroad if you are unhappy will not revitalise your spirit. If you're lucky, you will merely get to distract yourself a bit more than you previously did. This is not a solution.
I'm sorry Lavezzi. But you can only speak for yourself. Not for others. The fact is, a lot of people here have found happiness abroad. Sometimes it's short term, sometimes it's long-term. Don't give us that New Age claptrap that you have to blame yourself and find the problem in yourself first.

The truth is, location and environment DO MATTER. Some environments are toxic and dysfunctional, and some are better than others. For example, when I was 17 and took a year off from high school and went to Taiwan for a year, I was a lot happier because I was not subjected to the bullying, persecution and OPPRESSIVE environment in high school everyday, which was a HUGE BURDEN LIFTED OFF ME. As a result, I was able to grow and develop without living in fear everyday. That changed me and helped me a lot.

The fact is, when you are removed from a toxic, dysfunctional and hostile environment, so you can grow and develop normally, it DOES HELP and it DOES MATTER. I know it because I've experienced it. And so have many others.

So yes, changing the environment can help a person greatly in many ways. So you are wrong in stating that the problem is all in the individual and not the environment. That's typical BS New Age claptrap.
Last edited by Winston on October 15th, 2013, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

It is true that many of the posters here are sad, depressed, negative and cynical. But why do you think that is? Do you think that people here just woke up and decided to be that way? I don't think so.

Do you think that it's due to a biochemical imbalance in the brain, as Momopi might say? That's a factor, but not with everyone. Some people are only depressed in bad environments, not in good ones. I've never had a biochemical imbalance that caused depression because I was only depressed in bad environments. I've never been depressed for no reason when everything was great.

There is something soul-crushing about America. It's hard to explain what it is. I've given many surface reasons. But there may be deeper ones.

Like Jackal said, we probably belong to a different "soul group" than most Americans, which is why we don't vibe with fake optimism, materialism, and trashy culture. We are simply on a different wavelength.

It could be that we are too sensitive, too authentic, and don't jive with the flow in America.

But some do. That Ukrainian girl I hung out with told me recently that she preferred the fake optimism in America over the authentic grimness of people in Ukraine. She said that fake optimism and fake smiles are better than authentic misery and pessimism. So some people do vibe with America and its wavelength. Not everyone is like us. Some have American souls, but we don't it seems.

Mark Davis said in his interview with Steve Hoca that if you are meant to find your soulmate in America, you will. But if you aren't, then your destiny/karma/fate will draw you elsewhere. He felt that his destiny was drawing him to find a foreign partner, and that he wasn't meant to find a soulmate in America.

So I think we are just in a different soul group than the type that fit into America.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 16th, 2020, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

Winston wrote:
lavezzi wrote:Your values determine your well-being. I am not referring to conscious values of the ego which are basically illusions, but rather the unconscious drives originating from deeper aspects of the psyche. These are determined first and foremost by your conditioning. Modern, "individualistic" society is guaranteed to condition you in such a way that will poison your values and make you miserable, therefore you need to purify yourself. Moving abroad if you are unhappy will not revitalise your spirit. If you're lucky, you will merely get to distract yourself a bit more than you previously did. This is not a solution.
I'm sorry Lavezzi. But you can only speak for yourself. Not for others. The fact is, a lot of people here have found happiness abroad. Sometimes it's short term, sometimes it's long-term. Don't give us that New Age claptrap that you have to blame yourself and find the problem in yourself first.

The truth is, location and environment DO MATTER. Some environments are toxic and dysfunctional, and some are better than others. For example, when I was 17 and took a year off from high school and went to Taiwan for a year, I was a lot happier because I was not subjected to the bullying, persecution and OPPRESSIVE environment in high school everyday, which was a HUGE BURDEN LIFTED OFF ME. As a result, I was able to grow and develop without living in fear everyday. That changed me and helped me a lot.

The fact is, when you are removed from a toxic, dysfunctional and hostile environment, so you can grow and develop normally, it DOES HELP and it DOES MATTER. I know it because I've experienced it. And so have many others.

So yes, changing the environment can help a person greatly in many ways. So you are wrong in stating that the problem is all in the individual and not the environment. That's typical BS New Age claptrap.
I never said a change in environment won't help in any way, I said it won't revitalise the spirit. To use an analogy: Perhaps you are starving in America. Moving abroad may gain you some petty scraps of bread, but you are in no way fulfilled in any true sense. Fulfillment can only come through true individuality via non-conformity. Being attached to an ideal self-image based on society's standards/values and attempting in each moment to mold your experience so as to validate this is the definition of conformity. Any other definition or distinction you may choose to draw between conformity and non-conformity, is blatantly untrue.

It takes a conscious orientation towards conformity to be miserable, be it out of ignorance or not. I understand that in every case this is done solely out of deluded fear and lack of understanding of reality, but that does not mean that the lies that come as a result should not be called out, seeing as you have proclaimed "This forum operates on the principles of truth".

This website claims to be about non-conformity when really it is about the exact opposite; seeking validation and status. It is about a certain kind of experientialism, which is the same in every single way to the materialism you claim to despise. What distinguishes you from those you consider conformists? Because you behave differently? Both your behavior and theirs are based on the same self-glorifying values, therefore there is no distinction between you and them whatsoever.

It may be new age claptrap to say that you have yourself to blame for an ongoing biological illness, but for an ongoing psychological illness you do have yourself and only yourself to blame. The only reason there is suffering and discontent is because you have compromised your true nature for the sake of society's false values, and done so out of fear.