Are some Filipinas dumb or just play dumb?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Are some Filipinas dumb or just play dumb?

Post by ryanx »

A quick chat with a Filipina on Cherry Blossoms - I was curious why she, unusually for a Filipina, does not want to have children as her profile says: "I do not want children"

-hi, how are u?, my name is rose....from cebu
-hi rose
-hellow
-I notice your profile says you do not want children...why?
-i dont want children, bcoz dont have yet boy friend
-thats y
-lol
-can i see u?
-no
-so if you have BF you will have kids?
-f depends my bf. f u like a baby
-i see...but what about you?
-me i like aLSO a baby
-so why do you say you don't want children on your profile...thats stupid!

rose has ended this chat session.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I have no comment on the chat you transcribed. Hard to comment without knowing what our profile said about children.

HOWEVER..

Here in SoCal, Filipinos are definitely smarter than they seem. Their words are relatively few. But I find that it pays to consider those words, and to extrapolate what lies behind them. They are tolerant, and non-assertive, but they do have an opinion. It just takes a while for that opinion to become apparent.

The term "passive-aggressive" could have been coined for them.

I see it like Magellan going to Cebu. First, lots of parties with the King, lots of girls for all his troops. Later, killed by Lapu Lapu despite superior arms and armor. The people were sweet pacifists on the surface, but other aspects eventually surfaced.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

What I have noticed with Filipinas is, they are sometimes language-challenged and cannot render what they think very well in English. I can't read too much in a few lines of chat, but perhaps the girl in question "interpreted" the dating site question as "I don't want children right now, without a stable boyfriend". When asked by the OP to articulate her thought, she tried to do it, but not so well...

I have definitely found better English speakers in Davao...
jboy
Freshman Poster

Post by jboy »

You have to understand that the majority of filipinas at dating sites are from the lowest of the low from the Philipppines. Getting a foreigner is their way out so don't expect them to be the normal girls. Usually they are the slow ones who have no other means to better themselves. That is the overwhelming majority from dating sites. On a lesser extent you can get decent/normal intelligence ones but with a kid or two and a pinoy boyfriend on the side. The rarest types of filipinas on dating sites are the intellectual/smart, beautiful and tall ladies who are too much for the local men or who have difficulty finding local men who won't be intimidated by them.

Man, cebu? C'mon that is player ugly girl central. I'm betting she's a scammer as well. Those types can be the opposite of their profile if they can see you sucking up and paying up.

On a different note, HAers are not ready for the intelligent pinays, we've had a few here over the years and I've seen them being labeled all sorts of negative adjectives by the members here. Intelligent pinays can smell BS from a few thousand miles and generally steer away from the sex tourist types.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

jboy wrote:You have to understand that the majority of filipinas at dating sites are from the lowest of the low from the Philipppines. Getting a foreigner is their way out so don't expect them to be the normal girls. Usually they are the slow ones who have no other means to better themselves. That is the overwhelming majority from dating sites. On a lesser extent you can get decent/normal intelligence ones but with a kid or two and a pinoy boyfriend on the side. The rarest types of filipinas on dating sites are the intellectual/smart, beautiful and tall ladies who are too much for the local men or who have difficulty finding local men who won't be intimidated by them.

Man, cebu? C'mon that is player ugly girl central. I'm betting she's a scammer as well. Those types can be the opposite of their profile if they can see you sucking up and paying up.

On a different note, HAers are not ready for the intelligent pinays, we've had a few here over the years and I've seen them being labeled all sorts of negative adjectives by the members here. Intelligent pinays can smell BS from a few thousand miles and generally steer away from the sex tourist types.
Exactly! Smart, intelligent, non-White worshiping Asian women tend to get demonized on HA for some reason, lol. Westerners tend to think they act the same as Westernized Asian women, but that isn't true. Unlike those Asian American trashy women, the smart intelligent Asians actually respect themselves and their culture and heritage. They also don't act like a bunch of trashy whores like the low-class Asian prostitutes you find in bars and sex shops, contrary to many White stereotypes of Asian women.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

maybe the girl was really sweet and she just run out of time in her favourite internet cafe? :lol:

OP is still delusional, what sort of filipina do you expet to meet on internet dating sites? cream of society or scum of the earth?

Can you really imagine some beautiful HiSo girl spendin time in internet cafes looking for westerner?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

publicduende wrote:
I have definitely found better English speakers in Davao...
Thanks, great info
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Banano wrote:maybe the girl was really sweet and she just run out of time in her favourite internet cafe? :lol:

OP is still delusional, what sort of filipina do you expet to meet on internet dating sites? cream of society or scum of the earth?

Can you really imagine some beautiful HiSo girl spendin time in internet cafes looking for westerner?

Quite right- the higher society girls do not use the internet cafes...the use a laptop or tablet from the comfort of their own room at home.
I am spinning it a bit, but you would be amazed at who might show up. The daughter of a pretty well known politician around here met her soon to be husband online.

outwest
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Are some Filipinas dumb or just play dumb?

Post by OutWest »

ryanx wrote:A quick chat with a Filipina on Cherry Blossoms - I was curious why she, unusually for a Filipina, does not want to have children as her profile says: "I do not want children"

-hi, how are u?, my name is rose....from cebu
-hi rose
-hellow
-I notice your profile says you do not want children...why?
-i dont want children, bcoz dont have yet boy friend
-thats y
-lol
-can i see u?
-no
-so if you have BF you will have kids?
-f depends my bf. f u like a baby
-i see...but what about you?
-me i like aLSO a baby
-so why do you say you don't want children on your profile...thats stupid!

rose has ended this chat session.

I would think that a number of Asian women, including some Filipinas have asked the very same question about the men on this forum.
"Are they really THAT dumb or are they trying to play the adorable dufus?" Actually, I know that for a fact. I have the emails...guys, you had better up your game...people are starting to talk!

Outwest
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

I was a little mean to that poor girl I admit, maybe just out of frustration.

I try to chat to them later at night, say after 10pm, and always ask if they are at home and to show me their room or whatever on webcam...plus a variety of other questions to filter out the really poor and desperate.

I only joined Cherry Blossoms as I heard so many recommendations...right now I am not looking for a quality girl for marriage, neither am I looking for a cheap lay...just someone half decent to keep me company during my upcoming vacation.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

ryanx wrote:I was a little mean to that poor girl I admit, maybe just out of frustration.

I try to chat to them later at night, say after 10pm, and always ask if they are at home and to show me their room or whatever on webcam...plus a variety of other questions to filter out the really poor and desperate.

I only joined Cherry Blossoms as I heard so many recommendations...right now I am not looking for a quality girl for marriage, neither am I looking for a cheap lay...just someone half decent to keep me company during my upcoming vacation.

You say you are not looking to pay for it, but do not want marriage, just a girl to entertain you while you are on vacation-
also known here as a "vacation girlfriend"....a decent girl here would pretty well recognize that as someone looking for a free hooker vs just a cheap one. That said, you can likely find what you are looking for...in the Philippines you can find almost anything...

Outwest
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

OutWest wrote:
ryanx wrote:I was a little mean to that poor girl I admit, maybe just out of frustration.

You say you are not looking to pay for it, but do not want marriage, just a girl to entertain you while you are on vacation-
also known here as a "vacation girlfriend"....a decent girl here would pretty well recognize that as someone looking for a free hooker vs just a cheap one. That said, you can likely find what you are looking for...in the Philippines you can find almost anything...

Outwest
During my days at the Red Parrot in Samal I saw no fewer than 6 different men with "vacation girlfriends". They ranged from a mid-30 young man from Leeds UK, never married and very decent looking, to a 60-and-beyond Norwegian all wrinkles, freckles and self-exfoliating skin (a real life Dr. Goldmember :) ) who walked on a crutch. The girls they were with were young, petite and inevitably the dark skinned, more "native" types. One of two were quite cute. One couple shared the room next to mine and I could often overhear their moanings through the thin wooden wall.

True, Outwest, you can find almost anything in the Philippines. But let this be clear: it's not "us" magical turning into mighty gods whose will is their command. It's them girls scraping the bottom of the dignity barrel out of poverty and desperation.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

publicduende wrote:
OutWest wrote:

Outwest
During my days at the Red Parrot in Samal I saw no fewer than 6 different men with "vacation girlfriends". They ranged from a mid-30 young man from Leeds UK, never married and very decent looking, to a 60-and-beyond Norwegian all wrinkles, freckles and self-exfoliating skin (a real life Dr. Goldmember :) ) who walked on a crutch. The girls they were with were young, petite and inevitably the dark skinned, more "native" types. One of two were quite cute. One couple shared the room next to mine and I could often overhear their moanings through the thin wooden wall.

True, Outwest, you can find almost anything in the Philippines. But let this be clear: it's not "us" magical turning into mighty gods whose will is their command. It's them girls scraping the bottom of the dignity barrel out of poverty and desperation.
That was my point exactly...its another form of p4p. Once you really see the inside of that kind of poverty, the world looks different.
Trying to impose "dating" on some worlds is just arrogant.

Outwest
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Ryanx

Are you going to PH exclusively for p4p?

If you traveling from US or UK it will very pricey p4p, when you take into account flights+hotel+girl(drinks,meals,entertainment)
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

Banano wrote:Ryanx

Are you going to PH exclusively for p4p?

If you traveling from US or UK it will very pricey p4p, when you take into account flights+hotel+girl(drinks,meals,entertainment)
No, I live in Taiwan where I have been for the past four years. This will be my third visit to Phils. In Taiwan I have dated quite a few Filipinas. Sometimes I see them on a regular basis for a few months at a time. I spend very little money on them except for the odd meal or coffee.

They may harbor hopes of something more permanent but I am careful not to mislead them. They have very restricted and difficult lives here and I just provide them with some fun and escape from their mundanes lives and treat them with kindness and they treat me with sweetness in return. So everyone is happy.