Dr. Phil Show attacks international relationships

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Mark Edward Davis
Freshman Poster

Dr. Phil Show attacks international relationships

Post by Mark Edward Davis »

OK, HERE WE GO!

They actually decided to air the Dr. Phil Show episode on Mail Order Brides. Jeez. I am so grateful for all of the comments we got when we posted this article http://europeandreamconnections.com/dr- ... bride-show last February when I lamented over this production. If you haven't already, PLEASE READ THAT ARTICLE and Share it to you social networks.

At that time I simply asked the question, what can we do to make noise and stand up to injustice like this for the sake of the happy and healthy international marriages?

This is what we came up with. First, we just issued a national press release (http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/5/prweb8420336.htm). Here's an outtake:

"Using the hack, outdated, term 'mail order brides' in the show title was the first clue that Dr. Phil was going Jerry Springer in search of ratings. Putting a morbidly obese 60-plus-year-old self-described 'victim' and a man even Dr. Phil classified as in the top .01% of all the control freaks he'd met on as examples of international romance guaranteed an epic fail.
"The problems in these marriages had zero to do with the fact that they began via an international romance tour. The guys spent too much time bashing American women, and avoiding their own responsibilities."

Then we're holding a live uStream cast event to give a voice to our side and watch the broadcast live and chat about it. I hope to get some more media interviews out of this as well.

What do you think of this strategy? Is there anything more we could be doing?

If you feel as we do and you wish to help, please share these articles and forum post and then get on the uStream cast Friday to join the conversation and speak out.

Thanks,

Mark & Anna
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Dr. Phil is a worthless eunuch of a "man" whose appeal centers around hysterical middle aged women in the U.S. He's a male Oprah and that's all there is to it. There's no reason to pay attention to anything he has to say beyond mockery and changing the channel.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

I'm looking forward to see the show and see how this subject will be potrayed. Mark already said the show was a disaster and didn't help promote the prospect of romance tours. I'll see how Dr.Mangina reacts to this
Mark Edward Davis
Freshman Poster

thanks, guys. Our uStream cast starts as 1:30pm Pacific if you can make it.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Even if I had a TV, I wouldn't watch it. After all, why watch something that you KNOW is gonna make your blood boil? That's not conducive to peace of mind or mental health. I'd rather watch the History Channel.

Mark, when you met Dr. Phil in person, what was he like? Did he seem like a puppet, or was there anything authentic/sincere about him? Did he seem even human, or like a fake actor? Did you have a chance to talk to him off-camera or backstage?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

The listings say its on today (friday may 13) at 8pm on Ch 4
well-informed
Freshman Poster

I saw the show today :/

Post by well-informed »

Wow this didn't promote the idea of romance tours at all, not one bit. Quite frankly i wasn't surprised at all, after all it is the Dr.Phil Show. These are the stereotypes that i got from the show today

**Dr.Phil this man is such a p***y, words can't describe how dissapointed I am that this fat idiot can look himself in the mirror and call himself a man**

- Men who go on romance tours are mysoginistic pigs who want slaves in the house to obey their command
- If you go to Russia, there's a good chance you're going to die or get mugged
- All of these european girls are gold-diggers who want to get into the US
- It's completely weird if you're older than your spouse by 5 years
- The problem is not american women , the problem is you

John(AFA Founder) and his russian wife Tanya were given like 2 minutes of air-time. I liked what they had to say, but again it was only 2 minutes of answering to Dr.Phil's negativity of the subject. Most of the show was misrepresented with just ignorance on the part of Dr.Phil and bad examples of guys who do this. I mean at one point the 2 guys were taking shots at each other's appearances like little boys. Also for some reason i didn't see Mark and Anna Davis on the show.
Mark Edward Davis
Freshman Poster

My wife and I did a short video response to the show:

ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

yeah i kind of figured they were going to bash the romance tour thing. i am not suprised they put on here some fat guy that had it bad with foreign women.
this is blatant propaganda.

i told my iranian female friend that this is NOT the case with all men that go foreign. she wanted to tell me how she knows some people that got scammed and taken advantage of by a foreign woman. i told her that is just abunch of non sense. it can happen. but not to the majority of american men. its just not going to happen on a large scale. why ? because foreign women are really kind caring, loving, nurturing, gentle, and want to support her man as much as possible.

I told her that american men are NOT the problem. its the american women that are the problem. as i have noticed alot of american men are VERY VERY happy with foreign women. it is smooth sailing with foreign woman. this is the majority of what happens. american men are always happy with foreign.

look at how easy and relaxed Mark is with Anna. AMAZING. SHE sits on HIS lap TOO. what american woman would do that with her husband. almost zero.

@ mark you can do google advertising on T.V. they give you a way to promote your own commercial for dirt cheap and get millions of viewers to view that commercial for around $1000 for about a week of airtime. how cool is that. this may help to spread the truth about foreign women.
Mark Edward Davis
Freshman Poster

Thanks for the tip! I'd love to try the Google Ads TV thing sometime!

Thanks also for the kind remarks. I love my life with this woman and so do the other guys I know who are married to foreign wives.

Mark
Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

Who cares what Dr. Phil thinks anyway? None of the people that watch him are in your target demographic. May as well let the middle age women that don't work (his target audience) think they don't have any competition.

Your goal is to reach high quality single men. Any effort or money spent on reaching middle age women is effort or money not spent on reaching your target demographic.

Just my $.02
Mark Edward Davis
Freshman Poster

That's exactly why I made such a big deal about it - not because I wanted to re-attract the attention of Dr. Phil's female audience, but because it is a rallying cry for the single males who want to call this BS for what it is.

I had over 100 men on the line listening in as we defended ourselves and pointed out the error in the logic.

In addition, it's education. EVERY man who decides to look overseas will get the same warnings from well-intended friends. Now those friends can cite Dr. Phil. I wanted to help men think through why we believe what we believe and be better able to answer the objections when they come.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Men don't need to defend themselves, and you are being sucked into their trap by doing so. At best, you should remind yourself what a vicious culture you are living in, and why you need to work diligently to get out. And don't support Hollywood by watching their television and movies. There is no truth in what they say and drinking their sewer water will only set you back. Learning to maintain your equanimity and peace of mind in the presence of evil should be your number one goal.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

I too think you should ignore mainstream media. This whole thing started with a story printed I think in WSJ about how the Foreign Bride Market is booming in a down economy and they wanted to know why.

Look at the many blogs about relationships in this country and the books written lately by many people and you don't have to understand why such a business like this is recession proof.

Mark, you should focus strictly on New Media. I love the suggest somebody gave on your blog about doing a short interview series and put them on You Tube.

All the equipment and prosumer cameras are cheap and product quality can be very high. If you want any help or suggestions let me know, I'll point you in the right direction.

As I said before, I know many couples want to live their lives and aren't interested in sharing their stories with the general public. This is more because of the stigma of marrying a FSU woman, while say Interracial Relationships in America often smack of sensationalism. Especially when Black Women already feel a portion of single Black Men are being taken off the market by women of other races without a clear explanation and just a bunch of butt-hurt stereotypes.

You should be taking full advantage of your You Tube channel and the thousands of WM/RU couples down here.

I wouldn't agree to another mainstream media interview unless it was PBS.
ajvf97
Freshman Poster

Post by ajvf97 »

I don't watch dr. phil. I've never been a fan of his and I'm at work while that garbage airs anyway. I'm at work while that silly today show airs as well. None of those shows are even worth recording or TiVo. There were of course skeptics on both those shows and they just put a negative twist on the subject. That's basically due to a lack of lateral thinking. For example, a guy like Mark Edward Davis seemed to "think outside the box" and realized that the U.S. isn't the world or the center of the universe.

Afterall, it's not fair to limit one's self to a certain region or cultural matrix when seeking companionship, happiness and love. Broadening one's horizons really makes one get a new perspective on the dating scene and on life in general. I would like to thank dr. phil and the today show (not worthy of capitalization) for their inspiration. This only further proves that there is fecal programming on virtually every channel these days. I will be cancelling my cable tv service very soon. At least it'll be easier for me to save some money for my next trip.