Being an American abroad does not make you special.

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Being an American abroad does not make you special.

Post by Temprano26 »

Every time I talk to people in America about Costa Rica, they assume that people there were friendly and sucking up to me because I am a rich American. Never mind that they know NOTHING about Costa Rica and likely never will. They will go their whole lives willingly ignorant believing that everyone in Costa Rica lives barefoot in the jungle.

Yes, people were friendly to me in Costa Rica but that is because they are friendly to EVERYONE! They were just as hospitable to Germans, French, Norwegians, etc. as they were to me. My being an American does not mean I get a red carpet introduction into their home. They asked me about America but they asked about other countries too and we all shared our perspectives. Nobody was ever exclusively interested in America despite how brainwashed we are here to think so. The world is a very large place and America is not the center of it. Nobody is.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 4th, 2020, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
International Gringo
Freshman Poster

Re: Being an American abroad does not make you special.

Post by International Gringo »

I taught English in Costa Rica for 2 years. Truly is an amazing place and the Ticos would give you the shirt of their back. Costa Rica is one of those few countries American women would actually go to besides (Cabo, Cancun and Europe). I generally try my best to avoid places where American women conjugate as they f**k up every place that they spread their feminist and political correct ideas to
You can work your life away or you can live your life away
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Re: Being an American abroad does not make you special.

Post by Temprano26 »

I did meet some American women in Costa Rica and they were just so much more relaxed than in the US. The beach is good for the soul.