American Chinamen are more likely to have never kissed vs. other races

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

American Chinamen are more likely to have never kissed vs. other races

Post by MatureDJ »

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29464454/
Compared to their peers who had kissed partners, young adults who had never kissed were more likely to be Asian-American ... were more likely to be in the Honors College,
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Re: American Chinamen are more likely to have never kissed vs. other races

Post by Falcon »

Some of these academic studies keep getting more creative (and stranger) everyday.

Presumably a higher proportion of them are South rather than East Asians.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

I just read the article. The ages mentioned are obnoxiously and surprisingly early.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... 944898.pdf
It is not until later in the 20’s that it becomes non-normative to have never engaged in vaginal sex (Haydon, Cheng, Herring, McRee, & Halpern, 2014).

In contrast, by the start of college, the majority of adolescents have kissed a partner in their lifetime.

In fact, in a Canadian sample, over half had kissed someone by age 12–13 (Williams, Connolly, & Cribbie, 2008).

Eighty-five percent of middle school students have kissed a partner in their lifetime (Halpern, Joyner, Udry, & Suchindran, 2000), and about 90% of college students report having kissed a partner, with an average age of onset of about 15.5 (Regan et al., 2004).

Rates are even higher among adolescents in romantic relationships, with 92% of 12–21 year olds reporting kissing their most recent relationship partner at some point (O’Sullivan et al., 2007).

I'm personally surprised by this number. I thought it would have been more like 50%.
By Fall of their first year of university, 14.2% (n = 105) of participants indicated that they had never in their lifetime kissed a partner on the lips.

Asian American young adults were less likely to have kissed a partner in their lifetime than other young adults (see Table 3), with 28% of Asian Americans, compared to 7–11% of young adults from other ethnic/racial backgrounds, never having kissed.

I only really started getting rolling when I traveled the world after graduating from college.
Italianman
Freshman Poster

Post by Italianman »

MatureDJ wrote:
September 24th, 2020, 2:34 pm
Compared to their peers who had kissed partners, young adults who had never kissed were more likely to be Asian-American ... were more likely to be in the Honors College,
Makes sense to me