Why are Blacks musicians so soulful & talented in music, singing, jazz, dancing?

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.
Winston
Site Admin

Why are Blacks musicians so soulful & talented in music, singing, jazz, dancing?

Post by Winston »

I just watched the first part of this documentary series by Ken Burns on the History of Jazz. You can see it on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU19MRrFJLA

Afterward, I was wondering, why are Black guys so soulful and talented when it comes to playing Jazz and Blues? Why are they so natural and fluid in their movements when it comes to dancing (e.g. Michael Jackson)? And why are black gospel churches so expressive and full of energy when they sing?

It seems that black people are very soulful, passionate and down-to-earth in a way that white people are not. Why is that? Could it be that when you are oppressed and discriminated against in society, that you look inward and develop a rich inner life and become more soulful? That's my theory. It reminds me of people in Russia, who despite gloomy conditions, act very passionate and soulful.

What do you think? Watch the documentary I linked above. It will show you how talented Black musicians are. They are like a natural when it comes to singing Jazz and Blues.

Why do none of you guys here give them credit for that?

Even Cornfed should be moved in his soul if he sees the documentary above. Here I'll embed it below.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Some blacks are very talented, a lot of my mentor's are black but it 's a shame as a whole like in Africa as an example they are such a mess.

I do not believe as a whole whites and some other races focus on these areas as much however.
Time to Hide!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why are Blacks so soulful/talented in jazz, dance, singi

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:I just watched the first part of this documentary series by Ken Burns on the History of Jazz. You can see it on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU19MRrFJLA

Afterward, I was wondering, why are Black guys so soulful and talented when it comes to playing Jazz and Blues? Why are they so natural and fluid in their movements when it comes to dancing (e.g. Michael Jackson)? And why are black gospel churches so expressive and full of energy when they sing?

It seems that black people are very soulful, passionate and down-to-earth in a way that white people are not. Why is that? Could it be that when you are oppressed and discriminated against in society, that you look inward and develop a rich inner life and become more soulful? That's my theory. It reminds me of people in Russia, who despite gloomy conditions, act very passionate and soulful.

What do you think? Watch the documentary I linked above. It will show you how talented Black musicians are. They are like a natural when it comes to singing Jazz and Blues.

Even Cornfed should be moved in his soul if he sees the documentary above. Here I'll embed it below.
So many people continue to deny pretend they don't exist but big differences in general tendencies of the main races in the USA are quite apparent. On average and in general, black Americans are very different than white Americans who in turn are quite different from Chinese Americans and other race/ethnicity categories and sub-categories. In Africa, many people in various countries believe general differences tend to exist between members of different tribes. I don't doubt they do.

Black Americans more frequently tend to have certain God given gifts, especially when it comes to certain forms of music, physical abilities, and aesthetics. In music, it's not only jazz and blues. Some of the old black soul from the 60s and 70s is absolutely soul moving.

Other races and ethnicities have their strengths and weaknesses too. Some hit extreme levels more than others - W. African descended blacks in fast twitch type athleticism and Ashkenazi Jews in intellectually related achievements.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:It seems that black people are very soulful, passionate and down-to-earth in a way that white people are not. Why is that? It reminds me of people in Russia, who despite gloomy conditions, act very passionate and soulful.
I was just thinking about this subject matter myself recently. What I have noticed is that black women are FAR more friendly towards me than white women have ever been. I have had good looking black women start conversations with me in public places, something that white women have never done.

For example, I was in a health food store a few years ago and the black girl that worked there (who was hotter than hell) starting talking to me. I am sure I could of gotten her number but since there were some other people standing close to us, I didn't feel comfortable asking her for her number.

There have been other times when I was in public places (on a bus, train, grocery store and health club) and had good looking blacks girl start talking to me. At all the jobs I have had, the friendliest women towards me by far were the black, Hispanic and Asian women. The white women at my jobs were by FAR the most unfriendly towards me.

My white male friends have noticed the same thing. The friendliest girls are the black, Hispanic and Asian ones, the most unfriendly and anti social are the white women.

I don't have an explanation for it. I have also noticed that black girls are not only more friendly but also more down to earth and easy to talk to. They actually will flirt with me, while white women act like I don't exist. :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote: So many people continue to deny pretend they don't exist but big differences in general tendencies of the main races in the USA are quite apparent. On average and in general, black Americans are very different than white Americans who in turn are quite different from Chinese Americans and other race/ethnicity categories and sub-categories. In Africa, many people in various countries believe general differences tend to exist between members of different tribes. I don't doubt they do.

Black Americans more frequently tend to have certain God given gifts, especially when it comes to certain forms of music, physical abilities, and aesthetics. In music, it's not only jazz and blues. Some of the old black soul from the 60s and 70s is absolutely soul moving.

Other races and ethnicities have their strengths and weaknesses too. Some hit extreme levels more than others - W. African descended blacks in fast twitch type athleticism and Ashkenazi Jews in intellectually related achievements.
Yes this is true and apparent. But why don't people like Cornfed acknowledge this, since it's obvious? His objectivity must be compromised.

Jamesbond,
Yeah I agree. Black women are much more down to earth. I don't know why the guys on the forum vilify them so much. They are definitely very down to earth and easy to talk to, almost like foreign women!
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

If you read or listen to the audio book of "A Renegade History of the United States" by Thaddeus Russell He gets into all that stuff and explains it in a historical context. Whites are lame at music and dancing for a reason in comparison to blacks mainly due to what was considered proper social behavior amongst whites back in the days and it got passed down into the social fabric of white culture. He explains it more thoroughly with historical evidence and examples in the book. It's a good read, you can find the audio on bittorent sites for free if you look for it.

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Mr S wrote:If you read or listen to the audio book of "A Renegade History of the United States" by Thaddeus Russell He gets into all that stuff and explains it in a historical context. Whites are lame at music and dancing for a reason in comparison to blacks mainly due to what was considered proper social behavior amongst whites back in the days and it got passed down into the social fabric of white culture. He explains it more thoroughly with historical evidence and examples in the book. It's a good read, you can find the audio on bittorent sites for free if you look for it.

I have heard about this book but forgot what the name of it was. Thanks for posting the link, I think I am just going to buy the book, it seems like it really explains some things that I have been questioning for years.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

jamesbond wrote:I was just thinking about this subject matter myself recently. What I have noticed is that black women are FAR more friendly towards me than white women have ever been. I have had good looking black women start conversations with me in public places, something that white women have never done.

For example, I was in a health food store a few years ago and the black girl that worked there (who was hotter than hell) starting talking to me. I am sure I could of gotten her number but since there were some other people standing close to us, I didn't feel comfortable asking her for her number.

There have been other times when I was in public places (on a bus, train, grocery store and health club) and had good looking blacks girl start talking to me. At all the jobs I have had, the friendliest women towards me by far were the black, Hispanic and Asian women. The white women at my jobs were by FAR the most unfriendly towards me.

My white male friends have noticed the same thing. The friendliest girls are the black, Hispanic and Asian ones, the most unfriendly and anti social are the white women.

I don't have an explanation for it. I have also noticed that black girls are not only more friendly but also more down to earth and easy to talk to. They actually will flirt with me, while white women act like I don't exist. :shock:
Same here, just flip the colors. :wink:
It seems many men here (from the major western ethnicities) have pointed out that in-group women seem less friendly towards them than out-group women.
I think they may be putting on their best face for the out-group. I don't buy that these women are inherently more down to earth or DTF than those women.
The tactics may differ, but the end result is about the same.
You're for fun (hot), or you're for finance (not).
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Rock wrote:
Winston wrote:I just watched the first part of this documentary series by Ken Burns on the History of Jazz. You can see it on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU19MRrFJLA

So many people continue to deny pretend they don't exist but big differences in general tendencies of the main races in the USA are quite apparent. On average and in general, black Americans are very different than white Americans who in turn are quite different from Chinese Americans and other race/ethnicity categories and sub-categories. In Africa, many people in various countries believe general differences tend to exist between members of different tribes. I don't doubt they do.

This is all political, back around 2000 the human genome was completed and the results were rigged slightly so they could say we were all the same. Bill Clinton came out and announced the Genome was so close that there was no difference in races. This was the Q for the next phase of the plan with the war on terrorism and a world wide coup with 911 and then to lower all the borders mix us all together and mainly phase out the whites because they feel they will give the most resistance to the one world system that the 911 event was designed to push forth.

The Genome was supposedly remapped again but correctly by other scientist with the real #'s and genetically we are like up to 15% different genetically from race to race but our rulers lied about it for their political agenda.

They know the blacks have been here by far the longest because black tribes genetic codes vary more from one another than the rest of the human race. That is how we know the blacks are the first humans.
Last edited by Moretorque on July 14th, 2014, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
Introvert
Freshman Poster

Post by Introvert »

Teal Lantern wrote:
jamesbond wrote:I was just thinking about this subject matter myself recently. What I have noticed is that black women are FAR more friendly towards me than white women have ever been. I have had good looking black women start conversations with me in public places, something that white women have never done.

Same here, just flip the colors. :wink:
It seems many men here (from the major western ethnicities) have pointed out that in-group women seem less friendly towards them than out-group women.
I think they may be putting on their best face for the out-group. I don't buy that these women are inherently more down to earth or DTF than those women.
The tactics may differ, but the end result is about the same.
You're for fun (hot), or you're for finance (not).
Yep. I've noticed the same. It shouldn't have to be said but different races of women treat different races of men... differently. It's been said before... we date stereotypes.

Someone else posted a while back how:
Asian men complain about asian women
Black men complain about black women
White men complain about white women

Don't really see much of anyone complaining about latinas or latin men. Well, not on this forum at least.

We're doing this racial do-si-do where it appears that our most compatible partners are now of a different background (even though the majority still date and marry within their own ethnicity and culture).

Anyway, it must be Winston's turn to stir the pot so let's see where it goes (zboy's turn was last week). Should be fun...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this collection of hits by Louis Armstrong, considered the greatest jazz musician of all time. It seems that America in the early 1900's was a much wilder, more soulful and more fun country with higher quality arts and entertainment.

onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

One thing not really thought about with black people is they actually contributed quite a bit to electronic music in Europe. Lots of successful black eurodisco and eurodance acts back in the 1980s and 1990s. Of course with those acts, when you're listening a lot of the time you won't "know" the singers are black as techno is "white" music.

Some eurodisco from the 1980s...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDjMb2VMEHM
[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7unYyt7TJWc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taCiiEZgoY4

But yeah, black people outside of America do really well in music, too. I think America is unique (in mostly a bad way,) though, in that black people have their own "black" musical types, and in America it's almost a musical segregation, whereas Europe it seemed black people in music are just...black people in music. To some extent you saw this a bit in the 1970s and 1980s in America, but you don't see it a lot now, imo, at least I can't remember. There's not a lot of musical groups that have mixed black and white singers collaborating. In America there's a lot more divide between "white people music" and "black people music" and I think it's kinda bad.

http://dreamandhustle.com/2013/04/how-t ... explosion/
I googled it and came to an interesting article somewhat about this subject. Heh.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Mr S wrote:If you read or listen to the audio book of "A Renegade History of the United States" by Thaddeus Russell He gets into all that stuff and explains it in a historical context. Whites are lame at music and dancing for a reason in comparison to blacks mainly due to what was considered proper social behavior amongst whites back in the days and it got passed down into the social fabric of white culture. He explains it more thoroughly with historical evidence and examples in the book. It's a good read, you can find the audio on bittorent sites for free if you look for it.

Thanks.
Time to Hide!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Check out these music videos by Whitney Houston. Look at how soulful and passionate she is as she sings. Compare that the lame non passionate popular white female pop singers of today like Lady Gaga.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH3giaIz ... d3c9hfzSYd[/youtube]

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why are Blacks musicians so soulful & talented in jazz, dance, singing?

Post by Winston »

Wow check out this black guy who invented Ragtime Music of the early 1900's in Mississippi and New Orleans named Scott Joplin. His piano music makes me feel nostalgic like I'm in the 1920's and the good old days. lol. His hit pieces and talent became legends later on and are recognized by virtually everyone today. Here are some compilations of his Ragtime Music which will put you in a good mood.

There's even a movie about Scott Joplin, starring Billy Dee Williams (who played Lando Calrissian in the original Star Wars trilogy). Here's the trailer for it.