Black Women the Most Educated Demographic in America

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Re: Black Women the Most Educated Demographic in America

Post by Traveler »

African-American Women Now Top the List of Most-Educated Group in the Country

JUNE 3, 2016 BY SOURCE 3 COMMENTS

A new study finds that African-American women achieve the highest outcomes of any demographic by race and gender.

By Kali Holloway / AlterNet

African-American women
Photo by stevendepolo

Statistics on black women and education have shown them leading all other gender and racial groups for a few years now. More than half of all black women specifically between the ages of 18 and 24 are enrolled in college, and black women overall outpace other race and gender groups in terms of college enrollment, according to the National Center of Education Statistics/U.S. Census numbers.

While those figures are noteworthy, a new report goes beyond mere enrollment numbers to show that black women also have the highest numbers where degree-earning is concerned. The findings, also issued by the National Center of Education Statistics, indicate black women led every other race and gender group in this area, making them them—based on hard and fast statistics—the most educated demographic in the country. From the report:

From 1999–2000 to 2009–’10, the percentage of degrees earned by females remained between approximately 60 and 62 percent for associate’s degrees and between 57 and 58 percent for bachelor’s degrees. In contrast, the percentages of both master’s and doctor’s degrees earned by females increased from 1999–2000 to 2009–’10. Within each racial/ethnic group, women earned the majority of degrees at all levels in 2009–’10. For example, among U.S. residents, black females earned 68 percent of associate’s degrees, 66 percent of bachelor’s degrees, 71 percent of master’s degrees, and 65 percent of all doctor’s degrees awarded to black students. Hispanic females earned 62 percent of associate’s degrees, 61 percent of bachelor’s degrees, 64 percent of master’s degrees, and 55 percent of all doctor’s degrees awarded to Hispanic students. (White women earned 61 percent of Associate’s degrees, 56 percent of bachelor’s degrees, 61.8 percent of master’s, and 51.4 percent of doctorates.)

As About notes, “although black women only make up 12.7 percent of the female population in the country, they consistently make up over 50 percent—and sometimes much more—of the number of blacks who receive postsecondary degrees. Percentage-wise, black women outpace white women, Latinas, Asian/Pacific Islanders, and Native Americans in this arena.”

Black women’s labor force participation rates exceed those of all other women, and even after motherhood, they are far more likely than other women to work outside the home. They also make less than both white men and white women, experience higher unemployment rates than their white female peers, and “are more likely than any group in America to work for poverty-level wages,” according to a report from the Black Women’s Roundtable. Black women start businesses at a higher rate than any other group, by a measure estimated at six times the national average, producing approximately $44.9 billion annually in revenue. (“Between 1997-2013,” the report states, “Black women led all women in the nation in the number of business startups and in revenue growth.”)

Yet, due to notorious racial biases in lending, they often have less capital to start and maintain business ventures. These kind of figures lend themselves to black women age 65 having the lowest household income of any group. Black women retirees live in poverty at a rate five times that of white men.

Stats belie stereotypes. In this case, they also show how far we are from gender and racial equality.
So black women earn the majority of degrees awarded to black students. This does not mean that black women are earning a disproportionately high number of degrees compared to men and women of other races. All those statistics really mean is that black women are doing very well compared to black men. The author, Kali Holloway, is an idiot.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

The above comments I agree do fit. Most of them are trainwrecks. When I go on POF it is hard to find one who doesn't have kids or some other defect.

For some reason, I don't meet those type of black girls with one exception. Maybe the loud annoying stupid baby shitters don't bother to speak to me and I am OK with that.
Likewise I seem to meet black men, not niggers. Being a neckbeard for the win.
chanta76 wrote:I guess this applies to mostly Black American female...What about black women from Africa or the Caribbean Island? I think it's not the case over there. Saying that isn't some of it black men fault regarding black women?
I knew a girl from Jamaica. Very thin, dark , dressed like a Mormon Librarian. Delightful Home Counties style accent [Think Jimmy Carr]. One of the most proper decent quiet delightful girls I've ever know. Back in the day 20 years ago I let loose with the vulgar jokes quite a bit so I had no chance with her. Pity. She was cute in a black Kate Micucci kind of way also. A guy would be lucky to have someone like that in her corner.

Knew a girl from Trinidad and Tobago and she was very quiet. MBA student. I head she didn't date the whole time she was in the program. My conversational skills were not at the level to break through the shyness. Dark, very thin and tall.

Encountered two other black chicks I assume Canadian on campus via various activities, both quiet and soft spoken as well as this Ghana chick I spoke to a bit.

The one exception. Single mother, once when I swore she insisted I not take her invisible friend's name in vain and I told her to not shove her religion down my throat and she backed off pretty quick. I was thinking, bitch please, you are a single mother I don't believe in that crap and I sure as hell wasn't going to take it from a failure like her. Also, she always dressed with her tits half hanging out... like Jebus would want?
She did have a banging body though and a cute face but getting involved with her would be like putting on cement shoes and taking a swim. Drag you down. Oddly enough I met her at the same private school as the Jamaica chick. Go figure.

I would say that Caribbean girls are just as f***ed up as the locals. A lot of the islands have high murder rates and dysfunctional cultures.
As for Africa, they seem to look down on American blacks for the same reason we do but... not like Africa has much to be proud of.

Long story short, if you filter and present the right front, if you are looking for a decent black you should be able to find one.
At least a decent black will have trouble getting a fellow black and she won't want anything with those whites chasing hood rats.

I've messages a few blacks on POF, not a single response. They don't seem that desperate.
w.p.o.
Freshman Poster

Post by w.p.o. »

It isn't even education anymore. It's more of an indoctrination. Brainwashed by leftist/marxist professors - depending on the kind of courses you take (this explains why bernie sanders has a following). Also, it is/was the democrat/commie agenda to turn women on men to try to start a gender war. Notice it is usually always girls/women who always try to incite the battle. "Girls are smarter" "if women were in charge..." "girls/women can do anything a boy/man can do" "girls mature quicker than boys" "female's legs are just as strong as men's legs" and all that bull$hit. Hence we have feminism (liberalism where men need not apply). As a result, they come out of college more f@cked up than they were before than started. Unfortunately, these idiot teachers (whom they can't get rid of thanks to the damn teacher's union) are trying to brainwash the kids as early as kindergarten. Fortunately the majority of us (males) were immune to the BS because we had minds of our own. We knew what was what cause we saw it with our eyes. The girls on the other hand fell for the propaganda hook, line and sinker. Let me tell you: Although many of the girls got good grades, they didn't have enough sense to poor pi$$ out of a boot with the instructions engraved on the heel. Too stupid to look both ways before crossing the street. They would mess up a glass of tap water! A huge lack of common sense. They did well in the curriculum that was completely irrelevant in life. But the everyday topics that mattered? As they say in tristate area: "Forgetaboutit."
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:They also lead the country in terms of STDs, rates of child abuse, single motherhood, and divorce.

Please keep that propaganda off this board, because it borders on lying. NAIL SCHOOL certificates don't count as education here!
I 2nd this.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

What's probably going on with that chart above is more part-time enrollment of black women versus full-time of white women, so it takes blacks longer to graduate and thus blacks spend a larger portion of their life attending college than whites, thus percentage of blacks in college at any one time is greater, even if percentage who attend college is identical and age profile is identical.

As for the OP, read the referenced article carefully and all the statistics show is that black women go to college but black men don't, whereas white men and women go to college in more equal percentages. In other words, black males are a troubled segment of the US population. That's not news.

"Lies, damned lies and statistics."
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

This what I don't get about black men. Black men have a higher amount of incarceration rate compared to other races. Black men have a lower rate of finishing High School or even going to College than other races. Black men have a lower rate of being professional compared to other race of men. Now I'm not going into why this happens .

Nevertheless women still see them as desirable ..and yes I notice black women tend to stay loyal or stick up for black men. I don't see this with Asian American women doing this for Asian American men who has all the opposite stereotypes of black men.

Now is it all about the sexual stereotypes of black men that does this? I was at the pool the other day and I saw two black guys with two white girls..attractive looking and playing around.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

chanta76 wrote:This what I don't get about black men. Black men have a higher amount of incarceration rate compared to other races. Black men have a lower rate of finishing High School or even going to College than other races. Black men have a lower rate of being professional compared to other race of men. Now I'm not going into why this happens
The obvious reason is that they are an inferior monkey species lacking intelligence, impulse control, abstraction ability etc. If you dressed other primates in people-clothes and pretended they were human, would you expect them to be wildly successful?
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Cornfed wrote:
chanta76 wrote:This what I don't get about black men. Black men have a higher amount of incarceration rate compared to other races. Black men have a lower rate of finishing High School or even going to College than other races. Black men have a lower rate of being professional compared to other race of men. Now I'm not going into why this happens
The obvious reason is that they are an inferior monkey species lacking intelligence, impulse control, abstraction ability etc. If you dressed other primates in people-clothes and pretended they were human, would you expect them to be wildly successful?
Cornfed that is not always the case, some blacks are very intelligent but by stats they are rare. Primates cannot speak or shoot hoops.

OK Cornfed if we did not come from blacks then where did the human race come from scientifically speaking , to me it's an obvious link that we all came from apes. Blacks can mate with the rest of humanity and have offspring.....So obviously there is a close connection.
Time to Hide!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
w.p.o.
Freshman Poster

Post by w.p.o. »

women/ethnic studies and other useless $hit that's irrelevant to life.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

It just goes to show science is becoming dead here, yaa the school system has become worthless propaganda.
Time to Hide!