In Asia, I don't feel oppressed like in the USA...

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Yohan wrote:
mguy wrote:Asian-American guys should move to Asia, invest their energy and capital into a society that is respectful to them.
This is a good argument, but most Asian-American men refuse as life in general is much better for them in USA than in Asia, many Asian countries are underdeveloped, and the political situation is anything but stable.

I asked Asian-Americans why they do not go back, as many Asian countries accept overseas Asians with a former background to their nation of origin.

Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Philippines, but also Japan welcome those people to come back.

Well, I was asking this question here in this forum but did not get any reply, except calling me an idiot or troll - but this is not a good argument.

The reason why some Asian American refuse to go back to Asia is about their personal freedom, I think. In USA they can complain and blame the white majority population for their own failures.

In Asia however, they find themselves among their own people - they cannot claim they are a member of the Asian-American minority and complain about 'white privileges' and discrimination - as there are no white people around them anymore... only Asians like themselves...
Actually, more and more Asian Americans are heading back...you just haven't realized it, Yohan. Where do you get the idea that Asian Americans aren't doing so? I know many in my circle who have. Some even rotate between the US and Asia quite often...

I agree that Asian Americans have a much brighter future in Asian than the United States. The future is in Asia, not the West. ...
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

zboy1 wrote: Actually, more and more Asian Americans are heading back...you just haven't realized it, Yohan. Where do you get the idea that Asian Americans aren't doing so? I know many in my circle who have. Some even rotate between the US and Asia quite often...
I agree that Asian Americans have a much brighter future in Asian than the United States. The future is in Asia, not the West. ...
Some Asian Americans, depending from which country they are originally from, might consider to move over the Pacific to Asia.

However Asia is not politically stable and the future is unclear. If a certain Asian American has some money and dual citizenship and is biligual and has still a good connection to his Asian country, he might try to do so. To go back is not without risk.

Yes, some are going back to Asia, but most of them I know do so only for retirement, Thai-American for example, some Japanese American too.

I would think twice if I should put my money into the Philippines and leave USA for good if I am still young and working full-time.

I met a Cambodian-American in Phnom Penh a few years ago, whose business was totally down and considering moving back to the USA - I would be worried about moving into countries like Pakistan or Bangladesh, it's chaotic there and horribly overpopulated.

What will you prefer? A house a few miles away from North Korean border or a house a few miles away from the Canadian border for your retirement? I am asking this as you said you are originally from Korea...

Might be there is some business going on in Vietnam, but are you willing to change your USD into Viet Dong, despite 22 % interests?

To go home is an option of course for Asian Americans, but it would be good to see a breakup to which countries they are going. No problem with Japan - USA, but I would think it over, if my native place is somewhere in Iran...

Bright future, for some of them maybe yes, but for sure not for everybody. There are still many more Chinese who would like to leave for USA than Chinese-Americans who consider to leave USA for China...

You said many are going back, but the Asian American community is still growing, it is not getting smaller at all.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

A lot of Asians are brainwashed to believe in the "American Dream" myth, or believe that White people will welcome them with open arms, when they move to a Western country--like they see in Hollywood movies, but once they get here...they see that's not case.

And many of them end-up and stay in Western countries with no choice but to stay...unhappy and all.

The ones who tend to be happiest are Asian females (as they are fetishized by most Western men) and the more 'Westernized' Asians such as the Filipinos. Most other Asians aren't happy--trust me.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

The question remains who is an Asian American? It would be good to see more information about from where they are and how many they are, men and women, age etc.

Good looking young Asian female immigrants in USA are for sure good off, as they are few compared to the entire population of the USA - but they are only good off if they are coming from certain countries which society is not restrictive to their way of life.

Muslim, Shia, Hindu and Sikh women are not known to respond to Western men but are looking for marriage within their own community.

Chinese women often are willing to accept only overseas Chinese for a future long-term relationship.

What remains is a very small number of available Asian women in the USA. If you are looking for Asian women you have to do that outside of Northern America, just my opinion.
A lot of Asians are brainwashed to believe in the "American Dream" myth, or believe that White people will welcome them with open arms, when they move to a Western country--like they see in Hollywood movies, but once they get here...they see that's not case.

And many of them end-up and stay in Western countries with no choice but to stay...unhappy and all.
Might be that some Asian American men are not happy - but that's up to them. For sure many of them have still a better life in USA than their countrymen in their native country.

I reject the Asian American idea, that the 'white man' is responsible for their misery. Some comments I read during the last days in this forum are plainly stupid or trolling. 'Asian American guy cannot get a date with an Asian-American girl - white men are stealing our women' 'Asian man forced to date black girls' and nonsense like that.

Let me ask in return how will 'white men' be treated by the government and the majority of the population in Asian countries if they are interested in long-term stay?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Why the hostility in your post, Yohan? I and other Asian American posters are only stating our opinions, which I understand you resent; I can respect that. I apologize for rootlesscosmopolitan's rude tone towards you: that should not be accepted on this forum...

I guess we'll never agree on the issue of race in the Asian American community--which is why multicultrualism and diversity is not a "strength," as people from different ethnic backgrounds and groups can never understand each other--without resentment and hostility. It's why Whites refuse to acknowledge prejudice against Black and Asian people, and why minorities refuse to acknowledge racism against Whites.

It's a never ending cluster-f*ck, to be honest. I think this will be my last post on the subject for a while. ...
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

zboy1 wrote:A lot of Asians are brainwashed to believe in the "American Dream" myth, or believe that White people will welcome them with open arms, when they move to a Western country--like they see in Hollywood movies, but once they get here...they see that's not case.

The ones who tend to be happiest are Asian females (as they are fetishized by most Western men) and the more 'Westernized' Asians such as the Filipinos. Most other Asians aren't happy--trust me.
I second that. I never saw a happier immigrant than a Filipino in the USA. It's like they died and went to heaven. And Filipina girls- my God! Walking around with their pert noses up in the air getting phone call after phone call from yet another sweet guy wanting to take them out on a date.

And so many Filipino guys-- are now swaggering ghetto-style.

And don't you dare talk to them in Tagalog!

It seems like America was made specifically for Filipinos.
I guess we'll never agree on the issue of race in the Asian American community--which is why multicultrualism and diversity is not a "strength," as people from different ethnic backgrounds and groups can never understand each other--without resentment and hostility. It's why Whites refuse to acknowledge prejudice against Black and Asian people, and why minorities refuse to acknowledge racism against Whites.
Racism in America - mostly covert and unspoken now- is really the biggest social problem- followed by dearth of pretty young women vs. handsome young men. It's much less so in many mixed countries of Latin America. In Brazil, Asian people are much better integrated.

Everything else is really OK. Good infrastructure, many opportunities to make money, easy to get degrees, a really solid and efficient business culture. Excellent customer service. This is why we should basically live in two or more countries- just shuttle back and forth.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!