What's the best way to make videos for YouTube?

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Winston
Site Admin

What's the best way to make videos for YouTube?

Post by Winston »

Hope this isn't a dumb question. But what's the best way to make videos and documentaries for YouTube? It seems some people, like me, only know how to point a camera at myself and push the record button. Is that how most people do it? Do they use their phone or a camcorder?

The professional looking videos with CGI, graphics and special effects seem to use some software like Sony Vegas right? How do people change the background and put different backgrounds behind them with the video software program? I've seen people do that. They can put a background image from anywhere it seems. How do you do that? Any idea?

I'm sure Sony Vegas must cost a lot. Is there any free or cheap software that one can use to make videos with graphics and special effects and text?

What I don't get it how do you show slides or images and narrate at the same time the slide is being shown? I tried to do that on Windows Movie Maker, the one that comes with windows, but it wont let me narrate while showing images, unless I have a pre-recorded audio file. It doesn't let you talk live while showing the image. If you try to it will only show you. Maybe I don't know how to use the program correctly? Is there a way to do that? I've seen many people on YouTube do that, they show slides and images while talking. How do they usually do that?

What do you think of online video creation programs like this below? Are they worth it?

https://www.getvideodyno.com/onetime/sales?aid=1097357

https://www.getvideodyno.com/onetime/sa ... 57#pricing

@MattHanson1990 and @Terrance and @The_Adventurer what do you think? How do you create videos?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne