A technical proposal to beat the Left in social media

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

A technical proposal to beat the Left in social media

Post by fschmidt »

http://www.luan.ws/blasma.html

I don't really expect help, but there is no harm in trying.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: A technical proposal to beat the Left in social media

Post by Cornfed »

I have to ask, Is there any realistic chance of this making money or anything related to it making money in the foreseeable future? I have to ask because I obviously want to do this, but with my limited technical skills I would have to do this full time and decline other work, which is problematic. I might well do it anyway, as I have savings, but I would like not to be haemorrhaging money forever if I can help it. Of course I still have the required textbooks and computer equipment, assuming the computer equipment still works to some extent.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Cornfed wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 12:56 am
I have to ask, Is there any realistic chance of this making money or anything related to it making money in the foreseeable future?
I don't think so. This is more of an open source project. It could make money after a few years if it grows. For now, you could try something like GoFundMe to get people to support you in the effort.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Is anyone doing this yet?
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Cornfed wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 5:33 pm
Is anyone doing this yet?
Of course not. The Right never does anything useful.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I saw a video today in which Ted Cruise questioned a former editor (I think?) of Psychology Today, a liberal who voted for Hillary Clinton. He said that the large media companies added 2. something million votes as a bare minimum to Hillary Clinton with the way they ran search engines and other media, between 2 point something and 10 point something million votes. He found their techniques to be more effective than any others he'd seen in the social sciences. A few left-wing tech billionaires can have a huge impact on who we vote for.

I see more conservative stuff on my Facebook feed. Facebook might do things to swing the swing voters left. But they feed people content that aligns with their political views, too. I wonder if another negative effect is further polarizing the country. If AI feeds people what they like and they like conspiracy theories, it can legitimate conspiracy theories in a lot of people's eyes and bring them before the eyes of people who are not generally conspiracy theorists, but who like the same things as conspiracy theorists. Already our network media outlets choose an end of our political spectrum and push that, which increases polarization. AI that feeds people what they want to hear may further polarize the country also.