Moderator Bullying on YouTube (But also much of internet websites)

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Moderator Bullying on YouTube (But also much of internet websites)

Post by josephty2 »

Here’s an example of bullying.
Basically youtube admins were posting video suggestions suggesting I should go to jail. They do this by making video suggestions of content relating to "Beyond scared straight", or some random video on cops, or even random videos on black people. Or whatever they feel like.

I think Bullies are people scoring high in primary psychopathy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS_KF7F6Scs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zk_0unAJp0

I will post more examples of this, but I realize the main reason this keeps happening is because the older generation struggles with technology and may not understand what I'm talking about.

Not only that to tell you the truth, many people are irresponsible and have multiple children because they hated their first child. (The older generations had on average more children than the Generation Y/Z)

If Google has the power to censor they can do this too.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Moderator Bullying on YouTube (But also much of internet websites)

Post by Winston »

How do you know YT moderators or admins are doing that? They aren't supposed to get involved in debates or flame wars. You should report them to higher admins or make a video alerting them about it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

I did. About 10 months ago. I also uploaded it on youtube but I realize they could delete the video in 2 years or so i also uploaded it somewhere else. https://archive.org/details/merge_video_1589511615575
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

YouTube moderators literally are evil. Somebody who worked at Google literally had to take a jab at me.
Seriously why is with math phobia in this country Especially Seattle and King county in Washington, and the imaginary fears, limitations people have. It's racism, discrimination, prejudice, and hate.

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

josephty2 wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 10:08 pm
Here’s an example of bullying.
Basically youtube admins were posting video suggestions suggesting I should go to jail. They do this by making video suggestions of content relating to "Beyond scared straight", or some random video on cops, or even random videos on black people. Or whatever they feel like.

I think Bullies are people scoring high in primary psychopathy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS_KF7F6Scs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zk_0unAJp0

I will post more examples of this, but I realize the main reason this keeps happening is because the older generation struggles with technology and may not understand what I'm talking about.

Not only that to tell you the truth, many people are irresponsible and have multiple children because they hated their first child. (The older generations had on average more children than the Generation Y/Z)

If Google has the power to censor they can do this too.
You sound paranoid. I cannot quite figure out what your beef is with YouTube's suggested videos.

From a business perspective, it does not make sense to think that there is a human moderator manually suggesting videos to you to 'bully' you. They use algorithms to suggest videos. The way the artificial intelligence works is something like this. The algorithm looks at your search history-- probably whether you save it or not in your history. Using that information, the algorithm looks at the keywords and characteristics of a video you watch. It compares it to other people who watched videos with the same key words and other characteristics of videos. They try to feed you videos other people clicked on or liked that are similar to the videos you clicked on or liked. If you are trying to get better suggestions on your own post, then experiment with changing up the key words.

So if a certain number of people who liked videos about being half white and half Asian also watched African-Americans fighting on the street, then that might pop up as a suggestion. That does not mean anyone is intentionally 'bullying' you. If a topic you post on does not appeal to a specific niche of people, then you may end up with some strange suggestions.

If you start watching a number of videos in a niche that has a large number of viewers, like legal advice videos, herbal supplement videos, Star Trek clips, etc., the algorithm will feed you videos on the topics you watch.

Using algorithms is a lot cheaper for them-- now that they have developed the tool-- than it is to hire a moderator at minimum wage or more to sit there and manually suggest you videos.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

Are you serious?

Of course an youtube employee has the ability to do that, and it's a little extreme that they would go online, learn my account, ip address, just to bully me when they (a lot of people) already do it in real life.

Proof 4: https://imgur.com/a/ljHCfzq

Proof 5: https://imgur.com/a/cK3b93f

Calling me paranoid? What problem do you have with me, I barely know you. I just met you online in this thread. Paranoid means I know what's up (whale.to).

I bet you don't know anyone that works in Google or YouTube and you sympathize with them and start bashing me. (I hope you refrain in the future)

I show obvious proof of they bullying and you call me names?

Edit: I realize why Amtrak banned this website from its wifi. Goodbye.

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I'm not taking YouTube's side. I just know a little about how the world works and a little about how business works. YouTube has over 2 billion users. It does not make sense that they would have employees following every customer around to 'bully' them by suggesting videos they do not like. I'm wondering if you are kind of young, in that age group that studied in school under the Obama administration, where every little thing you don't like is called 'bullying.'

These websites have algorithms that direct people to videos they want to promote or else to videos that are supposed to interest the viewers. One of the simple methods they used in the past was to suggest content where the poster used the same key words as the video being used. I think that used to work. You could copy another video's keywords and kind of piggyback on it's success. But AI has gotten more and more sophisticated. Now, you type 'camping equipment' in a Yahoo email and you might see ads for camping equipment on Facebook or see videos for it on YouTube. They exchange your data with each other.

Sometimes the targeting does not work that well. Maybe that is what you are experiencing.

If you have f thousands of hits on your videos and/or it touches on social or political topics that the left-wingers at these tech companies do not like or runs against the official story line on the Corona virus, they might sensor you.

If you are getting videos about girls dating Asian men, you might have typed something to trigger the keyword 'Asian' into the search engine, or you might just like the same type of videos that ten thousand, a thousand, a hundred, or a dozen Asian men liked. Without a human being knowing you are Asian, the algorithms could pull up Asian-man themed content.

I see on your screen that you have two subscribers on your channel. Do you really think with 2.3 billion viewers, that YouTube is going to assign bullies to everyone who has 2 viewers? Google would go bankrupt from paying the salaries. These things are automated.

If you were black and you liked to watch BLM videos, and you started getting videos on how to cook fried chicken, that doesn't mean anyone is racist. It would just mean other people who watched BLM videos probably liked videos about friend chicken. Since some stereotypes are based on reality, we should expect some of this sort of thing to happen. You'll probably get other content geared toward your race and preferences because of AI algorithms, without a human 'bully' having to be directly involved. We all get targeted ads.

Also, if you are going to make a video complaining about something racist or that you think is bullying on the screen, you should tell the viewer what you think is racist, etc. on the screen so we can have a clue what is going on in your head. You show screens with innocuous videos on them, and then are almost yelling about how "these people are intrusive, mean and bullying." Honestly, you come off as paranoid and unstable, especially if we have no idea about what on the screen upsets you and why.

I don't have the link, but you can opt out of some of Google's data-sharing. YouTube is owned by Google, so if you look that up, you might be able to limit some of this stuff.

If you think someone is on the other side of the screen choosing videos for you, that comes off as incredibly naive or crazy. You have two subscribers. Your business is not even a blip on their radar. You are getting the computer automated stuff like the rest of us. If you do not want to be tracked, either do not use the Internet, or get a VPN and use Duckduckgo, Brave, and whatever other tools are out there for the security conscious.

If they show you a 'Bad Boy' movie poster, they aren't calling you a bad boy. That is a movie. If they you some soldiers jumping out of an airplane, they are not telling you to jump. If you are serious, you have some psychological problems or maybe you need to go find a Christian who can cast the demon out of you.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

The internet has become over-centralised, controlled by a handful of big player, profiteering, corporate meglomaniacs, a far cry from what it was originally intended for.

I knew big tech was upto no good. This shows there's no lower limit to what they'd sink to in their power-drunkenness.

An important point re/@ MrMan
From a business perspective, it does not make sense to think that there is a human moderator manually suggesting videos to you to 'bully' you. They use algorithms to suggest videos. The way the artificial intelligence works is something like this. The algorithm looks at your search history-- probably whether you save it or not in your history. Using that information, the algorithm looks at the keywords and characteristics of a video you watch. It compares it to other people who watched videos with the same key words and other characteristics of videos. They try to feed you videos other people clicked on or liked that are similar to the videos you clicked on or liked. If you are trying to get better suggestions on your own post, then experiment with changing up the key words.
Quite right, the algorhythm is dumb and bases recommendations on previous search results and what people have searched for. Nothing to be too worried about. However, there are likely power-drunk geeks employed looking for easy targets who should really be cleaning toilets.

I would agree with the OP re
Bullies are people scoring high in primary psychopathy
, many keyboard warriors that work for big tech likely fit that.

I also want to add that the internet is becoming too centralized & big profiteering companies are having too much control https://neverinsilence.wordpress.com/20 ... ntralised/.
My life is garbage
Freshman Poster

Post by My life is garbage »

Moderators are losers which is why they bully people. They get off on the power trip. Real adults have responsibilities like actual jobs that they get paid to do. Moderators are unemployed losers who are willing to do free work online because no one would even hire them as a janitor in addition to being mentally ill, power tripping losers.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

My life is garbage wrote:
August 1st, 2023, 8:33 am
Moderators are losers which is why they bully people. They get off on the power trip. Real adults have responsibilities like actual jobs that they get paid to do. Moderators are unemployed losers who are willing to do free work online because no one would even hire them as a janitor in addition to being mentally ill, power tripping losers.
Some moderators do what they do free of charge because they have respect for the community they are moderating. In my case Winston is my friend and I wanted to help him. Unfortunately for you Mercer, that means I have to keep getting rid of you. See this forum as the home, Winston the home owner and yourself the cockroach I've been hired to exterminate.

Sorry to ruin your entertainment @Rock but some of us enjoy this site and don't see it as a joke. If you are behind these trolls then please have some respect for others and f***ing pack it in.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
August 1st, 2023, 9:21 am
Some moderators do what they do free of charge because they have respect for the community they are moderating. In my case Winston is my friend and I wanted to help him. Unfortunately for you Mercer, that means I have to keep getting rid of you. See this forum as the home, Winston the home owner and yourself the cockroach I've been hired to exterminate.

Sorry to ruin your entertainment @Rock but some of us enjoy this site and don't see it as a joke. If you are behind these trolls then please have some respect for others and f***ing pack it in.
I don't understand why the trolls keep pissing off the mod and expect NOT to get banned. :roll: :lol: What do they hope to get out from their own shenanigans?
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
August 1st, 2023, 10:15 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
August 1st, 2023, 9:21 am

I don't understand why the trolls keep pissing off the mod and expect NOT to get banned. :roll: :lol: What do they hope to get out from their own shenanigans?
He makes me laugh. He says that and then he's clearly got nothing better to do other than troll the forum and piss other people off. Mercer was permanently banned so any accounts he makes going forward will be immediately banned as soon as I find out its him. Did you read my theories on who is behind the Mercer trolls?
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.