Gmail/Yahoo email almost mirror images now

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Gmail/Yahoo email almost mirror images now

Post by Mr S »

Does anyone here also find it weird that Gmail and Yahoo email format almost look identical now? The new Yahoo email looks like the previous Gmail generation before they installed their new tabbing system.

Anyone know any free email provider companies where the servers aren't based in USA? All the free email providers that don't have servers based in USA typically have other language fill-in forms, even when they are translated I can't get past the security part cause I don't know the language or have the proper alphabet keyboard.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Gmail/Yahoo email almost mirror images now

Post by zboy1 »

Mr S wrote:Does anyone here also find it weird that Gmail and Yahoo email format almost look identical now? The new Yahoo email looks like the previous Gmail generation before they installed their new tabbing system.

Anyone know any free email provider companies where the servers aren't based in USA? All the free email providers that don't have servers based in USA typically have other language fill-in forms, even when they are translated I can't get past the security part cause I don't know the language or have the proper alphabet keyboard.
QQ is based in China.

Kai recommended I use QQ while in China: http://www.imqq.com/ (English version of QQ)
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

zboy1 wrote:
Mr S wrote:Does anyone here also find it weird that Gmail and Yahoo email format almost look identical now? The new Yahoo email looks like the previous Gmail generation before they installed their new tabbing system.

QQ is based in China.

Kai recommended I use QQ while in China: http://www.imqq.com/ (English version of QQ)
That's more of a social networking/texting/chatting/video site like Skype. I want solid email account with decent size that doesn't have servers located in USA. Yandex would be an option but I don't have a Cyrillic keyboard to get past the security questions.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Mr S wrote:
zboy1 wrote:

QQ is based in China.

That's more of a social networking/texting/chatting/video site like Skype. I want solid email account with decent size that doesn't have servers located in USA. Yandex would be an option but I don't have a Cyrillic keyboard to get past the security questions.
No, QQ has a separate email system included with the download. After you download it, just click the mail button on QQ to get QQ email on your computer.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I noticed that earlier too. My Yahoo email now looks like Gmail and they didn't even ask my permission to move me the new format, and there doesn't seem to be any way to switch back to Yahoo classic format.

Before, they had an option in settings to choose whether you wanted the standard Yahoo format or the one with threads, like Gmail. Now they force you to the Gmail format. Stupid.

Btw, yes QQ has an email system. You can even log in at their website:

http://mail.qq.com

However, your emails will likely be monitored by the Chinese government. So take your pick, you want the US government spying on you or the Chinese government? lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne