SOLIS portable wifi and TotalAV

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

SOLIS portable wifi and TotalAV

Post by ladislav »

I have one of these thingies:

Costs some $50-60

I like it. If you use it in the USA, unlimited is $49.95 a month.

Outside of the USA, it is $99 a month. Pretty solid. Carry it with you everywhere.

Or you can buy by GB, I think it's $3 per Gig+. One day [ass is $9.

Some downsides: it does not always switch automatically when you go to another country. You then need to email their customer service. They respond immediately, but it's still a pain.

The unlimited per month is unlimited, but it still has 20GB per month speed data. Then, it slows down a lot. I got around it and bought a subscription to TotalAV. They have an ad block. It does in fact blocks all ad and malware/trackers. Now, the speeds are super the whole month.

TotalAV is $29 a year, but then they started saying that he ad block part was a trial and kept asking me to pay another $29 to make it permanent. I ignored it, and it turned itself on again. Weird
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Shemp
Experienced Poster

Re: SOLIS portable wifi and TotalAV

Post by Shemp »

ATT gives me 15GB/month in the USA for $40/month.
Vodafone in Ukraine is like 8GB/month for $5/month. There is also a cheap unlimited option, but I don't even use 8GB since my airbnb usually has wifi.
Elsewhere, maybe $20/month for 8GB, which I don't use entirely because hotels have wifi.
All these services are prepaid, so pay nothing when not in the country.
Numbers stay valid for a year since last added money to the account, so in case I want to keep a SIM active, just add money once a year.
Google Voice gives a permanent USA number for free.