Forum Updates and Changes Announcements

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out the new Pamphlet! It packs a more powerful punch and has stronger and more meaningful keywords!

http://www.happierabroad.com/Pamphlet.pdf

Please share it with your friends by emailing it or printing it out and distributing it. It's only one page and not too much trouble to look at.

Check out the new home page too! I've put major parts of the pamphlet as the introduction letter at the top. I figure since it's the best presentation of the movement yet, that it should be at the top of the home page in some form.

http://www.happierabroad.com

Also, I changed the slogan under the header to:

HAPPIER ABROAD
Your Guide to Global Dating, Social Connection and Psychological Wholeness Beyond America

It was a close toss up between that and:

HAPPIER ABROAD
Your Solution to Loneliness and Isolation in America
Through Love, Connection and Wholeness Overseas

But I thought the first one felt better or flowed better.

Which one do you like better?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

- The home page has been updated with new feature buttons. Check it out at: http://www.happierabroad.com

- I've given the Ebook pages a real PayPal buy now button that contains a selection menu and fills in the prices for you, professionally. Check it out at: http://www.happierabroad.com/ebook/Contents.htm

- I've written a new intro for HappierAbroad and put the old one into an Introduction to Global Dating page, which is linked from the Home Page too. The new intro is at: http://www.happierabroad.com/introduction.php

- The navigation menu above has been revised. There is now a Lessons button that goes to Ladislav's new Blog that I set up that hosts some of his great posts, at http://expatriateobservations.blogspot.com. I have named the blog "Expatriate Lessons and Insights for World Living, Dating and Cultural Understanding".

- The pamphlet has been updated and revised to look better:
http://www.happierabroad.com/Pamphlet.pdf
Last edited by Winston on April 17th, 2011, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I changed the Forum Title at the top from "Discussion Forum" to "Community of Global Daters, Expats, and Freethinkers with a Passion for Truth and Awareness".

Sound better? Doesn't that describe us well? :)
Last edited by Winston on November 6th, 2011, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out the photos in the header of the home page. I've added a nice exotic photo of China and a hot Chinese girl next to it.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I moved the lastest topic block on the home page up to the top, so people can see something new every time they visit the home page. Check it out here:

Also check out the new images at the top of the home page too.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I changed the warning at the top of the forum to:

"Warning: This forum operates on the principles of FREE SPEECH and TRUTH without politically correct censorship. Content may be offensive to those unaware or unattuned to truth."

LOL

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Winston wrote:I changed the warning at the top of the forum to:

"Warning: This forum operates on the principles of FREE SPEECH and TRUTH without politically correct censorship. Content may be offensive to those unaware or unattuned to truth."

LOL
If that's the case, why does Google constantly harass you to block, delete, and remove posts and images on your website? It's forcing us into tighter moderation of this forum. Actually, some people have emailed me, saying they prefer it this way over before (where things were out of control, tbh). Sounds like Google is forcing their hands on you and restricting the forums"free speech."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

zboy1 wrote:
Winston wrote:I changed the warning at the top of the forum to:

LOL
If that's the case, why does Google constantly harass you to block, delete, and remove posts and images on your website? It's forcing us into tighter moderation of this forum. Actually, some people have emailed me, saying they prefer it this way over before (where things were out of control, tbh). Sounds like Google is forcing their hands on you and restricting the forums"free speech."
Ask Google about that. Not me. They pretty much own the internet and can do whatever they want. We should be glad that they allow sites like this and other taboo/controversial sites to be even listed in its index.

Google seems to only care about adult/violent content in images and videos. Those are the posts that get flagged, especially if the video is coming from YouTube, which Google owns, thus can ID automatically with their patrol bots. They don't seem to care about text content.

But we don't need images or videos of violence or nudity anyway. They aren't necessary here.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Updates:

- I changed the forum subtitle in the header to something more interesting.

- I moved the mailing list sign up form to the top right corner of the forum.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I put a link at the top to my Paranormal Forum on SCEPCOP. So you can access it anytime if you are curious about the topics there, or get tired of this forum.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I've just created a new forum section for Anti-American women rants here:

viewforum.php?f=46

I will slowly be moving topics that belong there into that section. From now on, post any anti-American women rants and topics there.

Thanks.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Updates:

* We have a new expat VIP forum at the top of the forum now. It is for members only. See the guidelines thread inside for details.

* I've placed a link at the top to the latest posts in our blog.

* On the latest 100 topics page, I put a script that shows our latest 10 blog posts.
latesttopics.php

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Miscellaneous Website Updates

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:
- A new classifieds board has been created ...

- On the home page, I have created three gold outlined boxes at the top to introduce this site. Check it out: http://www.happierabroad.com
Nope.

Wrong.

Didn't see it any word "classified" in any "gold box".

PS Your homepage is astoundingly cluttered.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Miscellaneous Website Updates

Post by Winston »

Jester wrote:
Winston wrote:
- A new classifieds board has been created ...

- On the home page, I have created three gold outlined boxes at the top to introduce this site. Check it out: http://www.happierabroad.com
Nope.

Wrong.

Didn't see it any word "classified" in any "gold box".

PS Your homepage is astoundingly cluttered.
You are mixing two unrelated things.

Hey CNN's home page is cluttered with lots of tightly compacted stuff crammed together too. But it does well anyway. Why?

http://www.cnn.com

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

On the home page in the right sidebar, I put a box displaying the latest blog posts and another one showing the latest forum topics. Check it out. Now all our main sections are interlinked!