Updates on the new home page

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Updates on the new home page

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I've completed the first draft of the all new home page for this site. Check it out and let me know what you think!

http://www.happierabroad.com

Hopefully it looks much more sleek and modern now.

The former home page, that really long one, has been moved to:

http://www.happierabroad.com/introduction.php

After all the work I put into the former home page, I didn't want to just erase it, so I turned it into an introduction page, accessible from the main page of course.

Hope you like it.

Winston
Last edited by Winston on November 12th, 2012, 3:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Very nice! I like it a lot more than the old home page. It's more organized and easier to navigate around and just looks nicer! :D
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

How does the new intro letter sound? And how do the new images at the top next to the header look? I also got that picture that says it all, that I wanted to put in the middle of the intro letter, to show now. See the middle of the intro letter body to see what I'm talking about! Do you think it looks out of place there, or what? lol

In case you haven't noticed by the way, there aren't any pictures of me with girls on my home page now, nor of girls in general, other than in some of the ads. That's because I'm trying to give my site a more innocent look first to make a good first impression. I figure that if some people get turned off by those pictures at first glance and prematurely judging me as a pervert, then perhaps I should let them get to know me first before they see those girl pics. That way, once they get to know me and understand me better, perhaps they won't be so judgemental or quick to jump to conclusions when they do see the pictures with all those girls. That's my rationale, for whatever it's worth.

Regards,
Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

My comments:

1) I think the new main page looks much better and more up to date than the old one. Congrats on a job well done!

2) I'd suggest carefully reviewing the ads you place on the web page and the forum. The ones that contain nudity or sexually suggestive pictures are "NWS" or "not work safe". This eliminates a lot of potential visitors, as many people browse the web (cough) at work when they're bored.

3) What is the goal of the web site? If your aim is to inform people that they can find happy love life abroad, I'd suggest posting more info on the logistics and cost of visiting and relocating overseas. Airfare, VISA, residency requirements, marriage considerations, housing/rent, etc. These are issues of concern that prevents many people from quitting their jobs and moving overseas. How will I make a living? Where will I live? How will I eat?

Tone-down on the American women bashing. That turns off a lot of people because their mothers and sisters and daughters are all American women. You'd lose customers that way. Many of us are taught the ethics that how a man plays the game shows something of his character, but how he loses show all of it. Attracting those who raves about how much they hate is not going to improve the quality of your social circle or customer base.

4) If you want to generate an income, consider offering relocation assistance and tour guide services. People looking to retire to PH need someone to help them find a place to live. Look into how to become a licensed tour guide. You can serve English and Taiwanese speaking customers.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Someone thinks that without the girl photos on the front page, my site isn't interesting enough to hook people. What do you think? Should we take a poll?

Here's the email I got:
Would you want read somebodies site that look way your site looks? I doubt it. I think you would click away after a 1 sec.

In 1 sec , what do you see on your site - pictures of buildings, empty subway car, lots of text. I don't even notice the side bar topics (until I start wondering where all the old pictures of hot babes are). Nothing perk my effort to dig more.

Again, let me repeat why I found you and probably most guys - seeing this short asian guy with tons of HOT BABES. NOW that is interesting, that is very rare. Now I want to know more. Ironically ,if you were a great looking hunk with hot babes, nobody would care, because that is common.

What can you be #1 in the world in?
Last edited by Winston on January 15th, 2012, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

Dont go for "number one", go for your personal best. The world is filled with drooling submorons, so avoid using its standards of measurement.

I suggest the Angry Harry method of customer service...that being none at all. Speak your mind, if anyone is "not interested" let them head over to ifeminists or some other puppy mill.

We have the thinkers, they have the stinkers. Never the twain shall meet.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Check out the new home page layout. I've put catchy fields leading up to the photo collages, photojournals, video, and this forum too. There are also sidebar images of hot Russian and Asian girls in the right hand column, which are affiliate links to some popular marriage agencies, like the one under the first post of each thread in the forum.

Check it out and let me know what you think or any suggestions.

Thanks,
Winston

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,

I've also added a new slogan under the header of the home page:

Happier Abroad
Your escape to love and happiness beyond America

How does that sound? Another variation is:

Happier Abroad
Your guide to love and happiness beyond America

Which do you think sounds better, "escape" or "guide"?

Any other good slogans you can think of?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out the new hot girl pictures in the header section of the home page! And the new slogan as well.

Jamesbond, what do you think of the new picture layout?

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I like the new picture lay out, it certainly is eye catching with all those hot babes! It will get the viewer interested to visit more areas of the site. :D
Winston
Site Admin

Check out the new improved home page!

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Whew! I just made the changes to my home page that I suggested to Walt Goodridge - to start off with a catchy leading question to engage the reader, followed by a quick powerful intro. Check it out. What do you think?

Does it look better? How do you like my leading question and quick intro? It was designed to generate interest in the casual visitor, so that he doesn't think "Nice site. I'll come back when I have more time." before he leaves.

I couldn't fit my welcome video at the top, so I just put it right below the quick intro, along with my interview from blog talk radio, and a button to Steve's Research Report. Is that good? Then I followed it with my 3 point comparison intro and self guided tour boxes.

What do you think?

Winston

Walt did the same thing. Check out his new home page modeled on the same pattern as well: http://www.waltgoodridge.com
Last edited by Winston on August 26th, 2013, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is my new intro at the top of the home page. What do you think? Is it engaging and compelling?
--> Newbies START HERE

Greetings! Welcome to Happier Abroad.

Let me ask you an IMPORTANT QUESTION: Are you a male who is sick and tired of the following norms in America (or your country)?

* The unattainability, unavailability or lack of women you desire, depriving you of quality female companionship.
* The toxic, hostile and ego-deflating dating scene that is a joke, nightmare and dysfunctional beyond words.
* The social disconnectedness, lack of human connection and constant feeling of insecurity, unworthiness, and loneliness.
* The isolationist "in your own bubble" passionless lifestyle where working and consuming are the only concerns.
* The fake superficial social culture that doesn't allow you to be yourself, denies all the above, and falsely pits the blame on you if you complain.

If so, then you've come to the RIGHT PLACE! I have three GOOD NEWS for you: 1) The problem is NOT you. 2) You are not crazy. 3) There is a REAL SOLUTION to it all - and it's simple, natural and BS free! First, let me give you this important life lesson: You cannot change other people or your society. You are not going to get everyone to agree with you or like you. To attempt to do so is a futile and wasted effort. Everyone is acting in their own self-interest and within their own nature, which may or may not be compatible with yours. The same goes for society - which is a huge market cesspool of people with different and conflicting interests. However, you CAN find other people and cultures who ARE compatible with you - who will like, value and appreciate you for what you are, and what you have to offer! Remember this: No one becomes successful by convincing everyone to value them. They succeed and prosper by targeting specific segments of the market that need them and value them - whether it's in business or in love and dating. And you can do the same, once you become aware of the following:

The BIGGEST SECRET that's being hidden from you is that there are many overseas cultures where the above conditions are REVERSED - where authentic passionate people, human connection, and quality available sincere feminine women are the NORM and in ABUNDANCE! In fact, there are millions of feminine, sweet, caring, lovely, approachable, down-to-earth women all over the world who see YOU as GOLD and will treat YOU right! But this is not publicized in any positive light in America, due to its taboo nature and threat to the feminist power structure - that's why it's such a big secret even though it doesn't have to be. If this sounds great to you, and is something you'd like to explore, then READ ON!

Now if you're skeptical and think this sounds too good to be true, then let me tell you that once you go through my intro and material, I PROMISE that you will be convinced for sure by the overwhelming and sincere mountain of objective proof that support my claims. As long as you keep a slightly open mind, it's virtually guaranteed! I even have a FAQ page that addresses skeptical questions and objections. Understand this though: I'm not here to SELL this movement and solution to you. I'm here to give you OPTIONS you didn't know you had and make you AWARE of the world beyond your Matrix. And I'm also here to deprogram you from false myths, assumptions and propaganda that's been fed into you by your society, culture, peers and media, which are restricting you from a whole world of social, romantic and authentic opportunities out there. Simply put, I'm here to promote the TRUTH - the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

If that sounds good (and I hope it does), then you may start by glancing over the key pages linked to the three yellow buttons at the top (if you haven't already), which will give you a brief run down and qualify you. Then, you can watch my short welcome video below or listen to my 30min interview below streamed from Blog Talk Radio. After that, you can continue with my 3 point comparison intro below, and then go on to the self-guided tour links in the boxes that follow. Alternatively, you may also explore the tabs in the left navigation menu in any order you like. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share my message and discoveries with you.
Here is my strategy for the home page:

Before I left Washington, I worked as a team leader at trade shows for Owen Corning. What I noticed was that if my booth was unmanned, people would walk by and glance at the booth and just walk on by. Occasionally they might take a brochure. But if a person was there to engage them and ask them a question, then they would stay longer and be more interested in the product. Same principle here. If I just let people see a home page full of links, they will likely think, "Interesting site. But I don't have time to click on every link to figure out what it's about. Maybe some other time." before they leave. But if I engage them with a leading question, and guide them through the site, then that makes a difference. See my point? People are like sheep, esp if they are visiting your site. They need to be TOLD what to do, where to start, etc. It's your job to guide them when they first visit your site. So you gotta engage them, arouse their interest, and guide them to show them what you have to offer, and prove to them WHY you are worth their time.

Does that make sense? It's Marketing 101.