Who needs to be banned from this forum?

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote: I ask you to review his posting history and come to a reasonable judgment to make this place a better place for serious people to discuss serious issues.
^^^ THIS! ^^^
This should be done for the majority of members you are likely getting PMs about. (and maybe some you aren't... even me!) I don't think free speech needs to be watered down or eliminated. The board had just as much free speech in 2010 and look at the difference in content. What is this site about?

"Global Dating, Foreign Women, Living Overseas, Freedom Beyond America" "The overseas solution to loneliness, isolation and working to death in the west..."

Now, how much posted content in this forum is currently related to these topics in any way?

This contradiction can only be hurting Winston's Alexa ratings, traffic scores and search rankings to bring in new people and revenue, which is probably why he has written so many clearly SEO driven articles lately. Cleaning this place up will be better for his revenue.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

I had more than a fair share of episodes of locking horns with Cornfed, but I for one would not want him to be banned from HA. He might be deranged and have extreme ideas about women in the workplace/feminist conspiracies, but don't think he's a troll and he is a frequent poster.
The only person I would definitely vote for banning is that fascist nutcase of OilTradingAcademy/DevilsAdvocate. Who, if memory doesn't fail me, has been banned before and hasn't been posting here for a while.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Please ban theprimebait. He is ruining this forum with his racist, rude and arrogant posts. Thanks.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

tre wrote:I don't particularly like the idea of banning anyone unless they are a "troll". Not everyone is going to agree on every issue, but it doesn't make sense to ban those that don't agree with you. I wish there was less racism, but MANY members here contribute to that IMO. One can always ignore threads they don't agree with...or post up and agree or disagree. I think variety is good, even if I find some topics to be ridiculous...
Disagreeing is one thing, but some of the members here are just plain disrespectful and insulting. I'm all for free speech but there are limits.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Rock wrote:
zboy1 wrote:So far, I've gotten some pm messages voting to get Cornfed, ThePrimeBait and MyFirstTrueLove to be banned. Anyone else? Or, do other people want them gone as well...?

Please get a vote going...
Here's who should be banned:

1. Obvious spammers

2. Trolls who are discovered to be BSing (not who they claim to be)

3. Those who post personal info anywhere online about other posters/members without prior written permission from subject (and any related content that finds it's way on HA should be deleted)

4. Anyone who dares to ban someone who does not fall within the scope of 1, 2, and 3 above.

A key component of Winston's vision is free speech. It's one component which differentiates his site from all the others out there. Don't try to water that down.
+1
theprimebait
Junior Poster

Post by theprimebait »

I think members asking for other to be banned should be banned.especially when members haven't broken any rules.

and fyi:I've created almost no race threads,I just post my opinions in them that some people may be offended by(not my problem),but they are made by other members and frequentely put in GD instead of Racial, Ethnic and Multicultural Issues,where I put them if I do make such threads.

your feelings are not special(chibolo),noone is obliged to not hurt your feelings.noone cares.get over yourself.get out of the 8th grade.if someone isn't directely insulting you,and they post an opinion wich hurts your ego,it isn't our problem on HA.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I've posted this on another thread:
Okay, looks like HA'ers have spoken and want four members removed from the forum: ThePrimeBait, Cornfed, Mr.Darcy and MyFirstTrueLove.

I actually think all four of them are decent posters who bring some very interesting perspectives to the forum, but I'm tired of the whining fest going on here lately--and all the pm messages I've been receiving complaining about them! So, to the four members: it's not me that wants you guys banned; it's the rest of the HA community that wants you guys gone. Sorry...it's not my choice to do this. ...
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Let's all go out in a blaze of glory with a mass banning.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

I was not active in the last time but I am with Rock on that one. Free speech should be the main issue. Insults are already a reason to being banned so not much other stuff is left. If you want to ban than things should be obvious but I don´t see it in this case. Happier Abroad deals with a lot of topics so things can get a little bit chaotic. I would suggest a counsel of respectable members like Rock, Ladislav, Falcon whose opinions should be respected. Of course Winston should also be asked.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

xiongmao wrote:Maybe Winston should be banned for trolling us with tales of how abroad is so good when in reality he's sitting in a nice house in Vegas watching American Idol and eating potato chips.
+1
Anthropolonerd
Freshman Poster

Post by Anthropolonerd »

davewe wrote:
xiongmao wrote:Maybe Winston should be banned for trolling us with tales of how abroad is so good when in reality he's sitting in a nice house in Vegas watching American Idol and eating potato chips.
+1
+2

also LOL
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Anyone who wants free speech can post to my forum:

http://www.biblicjudaism.org/Free-Speech-Zone-f94.html

I'm not sure how ThePrimeBait, Cornfed, and Mr.Darcy feel about posting to a jewish forum, but if they do, they won't be banned.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Who needs to be banned from this forum?

Post by Winston »

zboy1 wrote:Occasionally, some HA members feel that the forum needs to be 'cleaned-out' at times, in order to improve the quality of the forum. As a result, I've decided to make a thread where people can vote on the members they feel, should be banned.

BTW, Winston, this is not my choice to do this! It's from other members like theAdventurer, Deasil, and others, who want me to get rid of some people. So, let's see who should go. ...
Yikes, that sounds like the Salem Witch Trials from the novel "The Crucible", where a mob decides who is guilty. lol

But of course, our mob is an intellectual mob. lol

What do you do about the posters who have a mixture of great posts with shitty ones?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston has expressed time and time again that he enjoys a free for all atmosphere where any two-bit troll can come in and post drivel. A lot of guys on here are obviously mentally damaged men living in a basement somewhere in bumfucksville,USA with no plans of ever going abroad. A lot of them are racist psychopaths and other degenerates. However, I do agree the herd should be culled to keep up quality but i'm sure most will disagree with me.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

theprimebait wrote:I think members asking for other to be banned should be banned.especially when members haven't broken any rules.

and fyi:I've created almost no race threads,I just post my opinions in them that some people may be offended by(not my problem),but they are made by other members and frequentely put in GD instead of Racial, Ethnic and Multicultural Issues,where I put them if I do make such threads.

your feelings are not special(chibolo),noone is obliged to not hurt your feelings.noone cares.get over yourself.get out of the 8th grade.if someone isn't directely insulting you,and they post an opinion wich hurts your ego,it isn't our problem on HA.
Some of your posts are weird. But the main thing is: Can you clean up your posts? Your spelling and punctuation are pretty bad. You don't capitalize the first letter of sentences and you don't put spaces after periods in sentences. These are basic things. Why don't you do them? Can you start using proper punctuation? Otherwise, your posts look uneducated and ghetto.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne