Who needs to be banned from this forum?

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Who needs to be banned from this forum?

Post by zboy1 »

Occasionally, some HA members feel that the forum needs to be 'cleaned-out' at times, in order to improve the quality of the forum. As a result, I've decided to make a thread where people can vote on the members they feel, should be banned.

BTW, Winston, this is not my choice to do this! It's from other members like theAdventurer, Deasil, and others, who want me to get rid of some people. So, let's see who should go. ...
Last edited by zboy1 on February 16th, 2014, 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

You realize you should use some judgment on this, right? Certain groups complain more than others, and the "squeaky wheel gets the most oil" policy does not make a good forum. We should have some objective standards to compare members to.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

The day you ban Cornfed is the day this forum has the potential to be a quality forum again. He has poisoned it and is the reason serious posters no longer wish to participate here.

Five years ago, he would have been banned without delay. But now, he lingers and others go away instead.

I ask you to review his posting history and come to a reasonable judgment to make this place a better place for serious people to discuss serious issues.

Cornfed needs to go, and when he re-registers as under another name, he should go again.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:The day you ban Cornfed is the day this forum has the potential to be a quality forum again. He has poisoned it and is the reason serious posters no longer wish to participate here.

Five years ago, he would have been banned without delay. But now, he lingers and others go away instead.

I ask you to review his posting history and come to a reasonable judgment to make this place a better place for serious people to discuss serious issues.

Cornfed needs to go, and when he re-registers as under another name, he should go again.
Yeah, well a black supremacist like you would say that, but in fact I have amicably contributed to the forum on many topics, and I am not afraid of debate with the likes of you. Notice that I am not asking for you to be banned, since you have things to contribute and as far as I am concerned are not a troll. But you want this forum to be like the rest of the world, where you are looked after and protected from anything that might disturb you delusions of grenadier. That is a shame.
theprimebait
Junior Poster

Post by theprimebait »

Cornfed contributes interesting topics here,imo.but all racial threads should be placed in the proper area.General discussions isn't the place for that.

but besides his hatred towards other races,cornfed does have interesting ideas to share.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

So far, I've gotten some pm messages voting to get Cornfed, ThePrimeBait and MyFirstTrueLove to be banned. Anyone else? Or, do other people want them gone as well...?

Please get a vote going...
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

I don't particularly like the idea of banning anyone unless they are a "troll". Not everyone is going to agree on every issue, but it doesn't make sense to ban those that don't agree with you. I wish there was less racism, but MANY members here contribute to that IMO. One can always ignore threads they don't agree with...or post up and agree or disagree. I think variety is good, even if I find some topics to be ridiculous...
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

No one should be banned. This forum has the "ignore" feature that can be used on anyone whose posts one doesn't like (except for admins, unfortunately). This forum is one of the few places on the internet that has free speech.
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

I don't know anything about this supposed racism stuff here, probably because I ignore it. Like any forum, I just read what I find interesting and skip the rest. If you don't like what someone says just skip over it, why waste your time? Or if you really can't let it go, then set them straight. But censorship isn't the way, you start down that road where you gonna stop?

My answer to who should be banned - NOBODY.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Mr Natural wrote:I don't know anything about this supposed racism stuff here, probably because I ignore it. Like any forum, I just read what I find interesting and skip the rest. If you don't like what someone says just skip over it, why waste your time? Or if you really can't let it go, then set them straight. But censorship isn't the way, you start down that road where you gonna stop?

I agree! But we sometimes get complaints about the forum, that I'm forced to do something, sometimes.

This is what I wrote in another thread:
Well..this isn't my idea to do all this! This forum gets so many whiners about how 'we should ban this person or that person' or 'the quality of the posts has gone down,' or 'we need to get rid of free speech to make the forum better' complaints that I get sick of it after a while, to be honest....
somedude
Freshman Poster

Post by somedude »

Mr Natural wrote:I don't know anything about this supposed racism stuff here, probably because I ignore it. Like any forum, I just read what I find interesting and skip the rest. If you don't like what someone says just skip over it, why waste your time? Or if you really can't let it go, then set them straight. But censorship isn't the way, you start down that road where you gonna stop?

Agree.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Winston has been a troublemaker since day one. Get rid of him first. Then zboy, then me.
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

Johnny1975 wrote:Winston has been a troublemaker since day one. Get rid of him first.
Haha I wondered how long that would take.

Zboy, let's review; You are soliciting votes from members on who should be banned, and I can only presume that anyone getting a certain number of votes might very well be canned. Or at least considered for such. Ok then let's play this game for a moment. For me, if I absolutely had to choose who to ban, I suppose high on my list would be folks starting threads asking who should be banned. So ummm, if several others chime in here and agree with me, are you going to ban yourself?

Haha, come on man, this is ridiculous. I do empathize because I have done some dumb things in my life as well, except most of my screw ups have been undoable. But you, here, if I wuz you I would just delete this whole thread and deny it ever happened.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

zboy1 wrote:So far, I've gotten some pm messages voting to get Cornfed, ThePrimeBait and MyFirstTrueLove to be banned. Anyone else? Or, do other people want them gone as well...?

Please get a vote going...
Here's who should be banned:

1. Obvious spammers

2. Trolls who are discovered to be BSing (not who they claim to be)

3. Those who post personal info anywhere online about other posters/members without prior written permission from subject (and any related content that finds it's way on HA should be deleted)

4. Anyone who dares to ban someone who does not fall within the scope of 1, 2, and 3 above.

A key component of Winston's vision is free speech. It's one component which differentiates his site from all the others out there. Don't try to water that down.
Last edited by Rock on February 16th, 2014, 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Maybe Winston should be banned for trolling us with tales of how abroad is so good when in reality he's sitting in a nice house in Vegas watching American Idol and eating potato chips.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.