The Ladies Forum has finally been restored!

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

The Ladies Forum has finally been restored!

Post by Winston »

Hi folks,
The ladies forum has finally been restored:

http://www.happierabroad.com/ladiesforum/index.php

It was down for over a week. After my site migrated to an upgraded server, the database for the ladies forum disappeared mysteriously. So much for their new and improved servers. It took Godaddy hosting support a week to find it and get it back after giving me the initial run around. Then it would not even restore for some reason. I could not import it properly. When Godaddy hosting support finally imported it, the forum did not recognize the database. No one could figure out why. It was so weird.

Then, finally, after trying the restore function in my database manager and selecting the restored database, it finally restored the forum. For some reason, the database manager worked better than using phpmyadmin.

I guess databases can go down for the smallest reasons, even ones so small that you can't even see them. And I would presume that Godaddy's hosting servers must also have a ton of bugs as well. No wonder everyone says they are the worst for web hosting.

Thanks,
Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne