New Mobile theme of the forum installed

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:- Everything is listed from "announcements and updates" to "suggestions/feedback/new board requests".

- Yes Topic categories are there. You can also view by the following:
- "View active topics"
- "View unanswered posts"
- "View my topics"
- "Who's who's online"
- "Members List"

- It shows 20 topics. Instead of a scroll button there is a "Load More Messages" button where when you push it it loads an extra 20 topics.

- Eurobrat
Are you referring to the iPhone app? If so, ok thanks. But what about the two Android apps I installed above? Can you test them out on your Android and let me know how they work? Thanks.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

So far so good Winston. I just checked it out on both my nexus 7 tablet and galaxy nexus phone and it's working well.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

***JP*** wrote:So far so good Winston. I just checked it out on both my nexus 7 tablet and galaxy nexus phone and it's working well.
Which one are you referring to?

This one?
?flx-redirection=mobile

Are you being redirected to it when you are on an Android?
Last edited by Winston on October 20th, 2012, 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

well I just went in from my phone's browser and my tablet browser and worked well. I didn't click on any of the links cause it took me straight to mobile version.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

***JP*** wrote:well I just went in from my phone's browser and my tablet browser and worked well. I didn't click on any of the links cause it took me straight to mobile version.
You mean your Android right? When you are in the mobile version, do you see the words "Flexplat" anywhere?

Also, what happens when you come here from an iPhone? Does it still go to the iPhone version at Touchbb, or does it go to the Flexplat version?

***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

Winston wrote:
***JP*** wrote:well I just went in from my phone's browser and my tablet browser and worked well. I didn't click on any of the links cause it took me straight to mobile version.
You mean your Android right? When you are in the mobile version, do you see the words "Flexplat" anywhere?

Also, what happens when you come here from an iPhone? Does it still go to the iPhone version at Touchbb, or does it go to the Flexplat version?

Yeah. Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus are android devices
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 23rd, 2013, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I'm going to install the Android app soon again. So if that affected your browser before, and you haven't sent me your User Agent String yet, please do so now, so I don't get complaints about it later. Here is the link again:

http://www.iopus.com/imacros/demo/v5/user-agent.htm

You can PM me your User Agent String if you don't want to post it.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok I've just reinstalled the Android app. You can access it at the Android app link above.

If any of you get redirected to it from your computer, try to click "Options" and "Switch to Desktop" and see if that gets you back to the normal forum.

If that happens to you, please post your user agent string or PM it to me, so I can send it to the developer to get that fixed. To find it, simply go here and you will see it.

http://www.iopus.com/imacros/demo/v5/user-agent.htm

***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

Winston I have noticed that the site has been lagging a lot lately on my computer. Are you doing maintenance work on it?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

***JP*** wrote:Winston I have noticed that the site has been lagging a lot lately on my computer. Are you doing maintenance work on it?
Sometimes. But it's probably from ContextWeb. Do you see a notification at the bottom saying "Waiting for ContextWeb..." when it lags?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Has anyone noticed that the Android app for this forum seems to have some errors? Some of the posts appear as gibberish symbols. Any of you seeing this? I don't know why that is. If it happens, just switch to the desktop version by clicking Options and then Switch to Desktop.

How is the iPhone app for this forum?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Test post using the mobile app.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Are any of you using an Android? If so, does it redirect to the mobile version automatically? The mobile version seems filled with bugs. A lot of posts look gibberish and the post form doesn't complete.

Are any of you on an iphone? If so, does it automatically redirect to the iphone version?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I've just installed a new mobile theme in my paranormal forum. Check it out.

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/forum/ ... ile=mobile

It will detect your mobile device and switch you over to the theme. You can always return to the desktop version by clicking "Switch to full style".

I put a link to the mobile theme at the top of the forum. You can also scroll to the bottom of the forum and click "Switch to mobile style" to get to it as well.

Let me know if the mobile theme works ok.

I wish we could install something like that here as well, but we would need to upgrade to phpbb3 first.