Wise and Witty Quotes

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Spencer
Junior Poster

Re: Wise and Witty Quotes

Post by Spencer »

Wiseton most widemind open asiaman on planet even aceptant you useles losterborders - Spencer
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Great sayings from Buddhism. Wow so wise and profound. I pasted them from the video description below.

One of his students asked Buddha, "Are you the messiah?" "No", answered Buddha.
"Then are you a healer?"
"No", Buddha replied.
"Then are you a teacher?" the student persisted.
"No, I am not a teacher."
"Then what are you?" asked the student, exasperated.
"I am awake," Buddha replied. (Buddha)

Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.

A man is not called wise because he talks and talks again; but if he is peaceful, loving and fearless then he is in truth called wise

The tongue like a sharp knife... Kills without drawing blood.

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.

Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little.

There is no fire like lust; there is no grip like hatred; there is no net like delusion; there is no river like craving

Attentiveness is the path to true life;
Indifference is the path to death.
The attentive do not die;
The indifferent are as if they are dead already.

Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things that renew humanity.

One should not despise what one has received, nor envy the gains of others. The monk who envies the gains of others does not attain to meditative absorption.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.

All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him.

Health is the greatest gift,
contentment is the greatest wealth,
a trusted friend is the best relative,
Nibbana is the greatest bliss

However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?

By gathering the illusory accumulations,
You become illusory enlightened
And carry out as an illusion
The illusory welfare of beings

It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wise lesson from Winston Wu. lol

A key lesson I've learned over the years to keep in mind:

Keep in mind that truth tends to be in the middle, not either extreme. That's why Buddhism and Eastern religions teach to follow the middle way, not either extreme.

This means that yes, conspiracies and corruption are real. Not to the extreme that truthers say of course, but to say that no conspiracies or corruption exists is foolish, as is saying that everything is a conspiracy foolish too. Truth is somewhere in the middle. That's a rule of thumb all wise people know and follow. But most people have binary consciousness, like NPCs do, all they see are 1s and 0s, so everything is black and white to them.

Both the mainstream media and alt media are full of false info and bias and fake news. So you can't trust either. That's why truth is not given to you freely on a silver platter. It's something you gotta DIG for. It takes work to find truth, to separate the wheat from the chaff, to find the diamond in the rough, because we are surrounded by corrupted sources on all sides, not just the main media or alt media. Everyone mixes truth with lies these days. That's why it takes work and diggint to find truth. It's not given on a silver platter. This goes for politics, religion, science, history, spirituality, etc. Everything. That's what I've learned after decades of searching for the truth.

There is a famous quote from The X-Files that goes like this: "And a lie Mr. Mulder is most convincingly hidden between two truths." A secret operative told this to Mr. Mulder in the first season of the series. It's very true and spot on about how things work. Every source is highly corrupted and biased, and mixes truth with lies. Nothing is 100 percent truth or false, because total truth and total lies don't sell. Only a mix of the two is convincing to people. That's the rule of thumb I've learned. If you spend a lifetime searching for truth and become wise, you will eventually come to this realization too.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!