You all are NPCs. So stop bitching and start relaxing or not

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: You all are NPCs. So stop bitching and start relaxing or not

Post by Winston »

Gali wrote:
August 22nd, 2021, 11:45 am
Tsar wrote:
August 22nd, 2021, 9:35 am
Not really.

1. Humans didn't evolve from monkeys
2. COVID-19 is a scamdemic pandemic
3. Intelligent design makes more sense
4. Atheists have too many contradictions
5. Evolution and atheism and Rothschild-infiltrated corporate-manipulated science have become religions of the non-religious masses
Once the religious craziness got stopped in the french revolution science started. Science created magic that made planes fly.

Consciousness is a monkey riding an elephant | Joscha Bach and Lex Fridman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB7Xmch9isU
No not true. The Wright Brothers invented the airplane. Not science. Not atheists. The Wright Brothers were not atheists. No great inventor or scientist was an atheist. Only cynics and deniers and closed minded people are atheist, not brilliant inventors.

Science does not say that nothing divine or spiritual exists. Only the atheistic science establishment created by MEN say that, as well as atheistic academia, again created by MEN. NOT SCIENCE.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Man With a Plan wrote:
August 22nd, 2021, 1:48 pm
@Tsar - None of that retarded shit you just said made any sense. Who the f**k is PAG? Say, if you'd like to meet up and say any of this shit to my face, I'll fly you out to me. Otherwise, I suggest you keep your dick-sucking lips closed before they get WIRED closed. You already have some kind of health issue. Get your money right and focus on that. Lest you make your last days ones of misery and retardation.

Stupid bitch. Didn't even say shit to this queer and he mentioned my name. If you want to suck my dick, have your girlfriend do it and french kiss her. Oh wait--you've got no bitches. Right? Right. Begone.
Please stop hurling such nasty antagonistic insults. They are unnecessary and unruly and bad behavior. You will receive a warning on your account for this. Please don't do that anymore. Thanks.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Man With a Plan
Freshman Poster

Post by Man With a Plan »

@Winston - You should shut up. I've already blocked the fool, but he started it with his "PAG" nonsense. I'm not his boyfriend PAG or whoever. As far as YOU go, well I've been saying for years you moderate according to your pets here, so I'll take this "warning" as all bark no bite. You should worry about building a healthy community that champions self-improvement and accountability. Rather than continuing to prove that KiwiFarms is right about you. Until then, I'll be ignoring everything you say from here on.
BACK IN IT! || Happier Abroad Discord Server now open!

Knowledge Seeker | Sleeping Revolutionary | Lone Wolf
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Gali wrote:
August 22nd, 2021, 11:45 am
Consciousness is a monkey riding an elephant | Joscha Bach and Lex Fridman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB7Xmch9isU
Some interesting comments under that video about consciousness that show that this issue is not as simple as "we are machines with an illusion":

Mike
4 hours ago
A human trying to explain consciousness is the equivalent to a cockroach trying to do calculus. After all, how can a pile of organic matter be aware of itself? How can particles be aware of their own existence. Particles behave in a very specific way according to a specific set of laws and consciousness seems to violate this in some degree. So how is it us humans who are just a bunch of molecules, have awareness of ourselves and awareness our perceptions and emotions? Perhaps we're living in a giant video game simulation and the awareness we have is actually the being who is playing our very character within the game.

markdelej
10 hours ago
There is no such thing as an agent. Are you the monkey or the elephant? The answer is neither. There is no monkey or elephant. The human brain does not have a “controller”. That would mean the brain would need another brain in order to control the first brain. This is nonsense. There is no “self”, no “soul”, no “ego”, no “free will”, no rider of the horse.

What we are really is a feature of the universe which has become conscious. “You are something the whole universe is doing in the same way a wave is something that the whole ocean is doing. You are an aperture through which the entire cosmos looks out” - Alan Watts. You are a construct of the universe and the laws of physics and chemistry along with your brain and body chemistry and physical structure dictate how you react to the environment. It is a fully 100% physically governed system. A natural emergence of consciousness which will come and go. The universe is the fundamentally conscious thing, conscious in many different ways, through every human, animal, alien and the conscious robots.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Man With a Plan wrote:
August 22nd, 2021, 7:54 pm
@Winston - You should shut up. I've already blocked the fool, but he started it with his "PAG" nonsense. I'm not his boyfriend PAG or whoever. As far as YOU go, well I've been saying for years you moderate according to your pets here, so I'll take this "warning" as all bark no bite. You should worry about building a healthy community that champions self-improvement and accountability. Rather than continuing to prove that KiwiFarms is right about you. Until then, I'll be ignoring everything you say from here on.
Regardless of who you are, you still gotta be civil, not a nasty prick or asshole. No one likes a guy like that. Of course we want to foster self-improvement here but most self-improvement in the self-help industry is full of BS as we all know. If you have a good suggestion, post it, but stop being arrogant and know it all and acting like you are the man and everyone else is wrong. That's ignorant and too arrogant and unlikable. I don't even know you. You are probably not PAG though because your writing style is different from his and I don't think PAG would ever use a female anime or cartoon as an avatar.

The warning does have a bite, because if you continue acting nasty you will have to be banned. You will get your 3 strikes just like anyone else. Remember free speech does not mean you can be a nasty asshole or prick or walk into a theater and yell "fire". You still gotta be civilized and decent.

What do you mean accountability? No one likes to admit they are wrong or to blame. Who does? You don't. Who is the judge and arbitrator? You? Why? Because you are a knokw it all? lol. Come on. That's delusional.

Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Winston wrote:
August 22nd, 2021, 8:01 pm
Man With a Plan wrote:
August 22nd, 2021, 7:54 pm
Regardless of who you are,
He's been a member for years and he's always been this way. Throws out a few insults at everyone then disappears. Not disruptive to the forum and doesn't deserve banning.
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Here the whole vid with Lex

Joscha Bach: Nature of Reality, Dreams, and Consciousness | Lex Fridman Podcast #212
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIpUf-Vy2JA
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw Tsar,
I don't think Man with a Plan is PAG. PAG doesn't make vitriolic statements like that. He just likes to brag and boast and make fun of others. He's not seriously angry like Man with a Plan is. PAG is also too macho and masculine to use an anime female character as an avatar. That's not his style. Plus Man with a Plan acts like an angry guy, whereas PAG doesn't. PAG just acts like he's above us and laughs at us "losers". He doens't act angry. So no I don't think they are the same at all. They are quite different.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Gali wrote:
August 23rd, 2021, 12:29 am

Joscha Bach: Nature of Reality, Dreams, and Consciousness | Lex Fridman Podcast #212
These videos falsely assume though that the brain produces consciousness. There are many reasons to doubt that, such as NDEs and OBEs. During NDEs there is the phenomenon of veridial perception, which cannot be if brain produces consciousness. So the relationship may be like a radio receiving signals. There are multiple types of evidence that consciousness survives the brain. Look up the presentations by Dr. Bruce Greyson and Dr. William Guy on how consciousness survives the brain. You need to keep up with the research man. Also see this documentary "Science of the Soul" that presents some of the latest research indicating that consciousness may survive death. Please consider all data, not just cherry pick the data you want, like Christians, Atheists, and New Agers do.

Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Winston wrote:
August 23rd, 2021, 12:57 am
Gali wrote:

These videos falsely assume though that the brain produces consciousness. There are many reasons to doubt that, such as NDEs and OBEs. During NDEs there is the phenomenon of veridial perception, which cannot be if brain produces consciousness. So the relationship may be like a radio receiving signals. There are multiple types of evidence that consciousness survives the brain. Look up the presentations by Dr. Bruce Greyson and Dr. William Guy on how consciousness survives the brain. You need to keep up with the research man. Also see this documentary "Science of the Soul" that presents some of the latest research indicating that consciousness may survive death. Please consider all data, not just cherry pick the data you want, like Christians, Atheists, and New Agers do.

That is not accepted science. That is not how science is done. That is an insult on science and scientists.
I accept the reality of these intensely felt experiences. They are as authentic as any other subjective feeling or perception. As a scientist, however, I operate under the hypothesis that all our thoughts, memories, percepts and experiences are an ineluctable consequence of the natural causal powers of our brain rather than of any supernatural ones. That premise has served science and its handmaiden, technology, extremely well over the past few centuries. Unless there is extraordinary, compelling, objective evidence to the contrary, I see no reason to abandon this assumption.

Local brain regions go offline one after another. The mind, whose substrate is whichever neurons remain intact, then does what it always does: it tells a story shaped by a person’s experience, memory and cultural expectations.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... the-brain/
To produce the out-of-body illusion, the researchers touched the participants' body with a rod while simultaneously touching the stranger's body in the same place, in view of the cameras. For the participants, this technique produces the illusion that their body is in a different part of the room than where it actually is.

"It's a very fascinating experience," Guterstam said. "It takes a couple of touches, and suddenly you actually feel like you're located in another part of the room. Your body feels completely normal — you don't feel as it's floating around," he added.
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn ... periences/
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw I'm not saying free will doesn't exist. I do agree that free will is exaggerated in American culture, especially in the self help industry and New Age movement. But that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's just not as "free" as people think.

This notion of there being no free will presumes that brain creates consciousness. If that's not true then the assumption is false and unproven too. There are a lot of reasons to believe that consciousness survives the brain, if you do the research that is. Many atheists and materialists are not willing to do the research and are closed minded.

Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Winston wrote:
August 23rd, 2021, 1:27 am
Btw I'm not saying free will doesn't exist. I do agree that free will is exaggerated in American culture, especially in the self help industry and New Age movement. But that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's just not as "free" as people think.

This notion of there being no free will presumes that brain creates consciousness. If that's not true then the assumption is false and unproven too. There are a lot of reasons to believe that consciousness survives the brain, if you do the research that is. Many atheists and materialists are not willing to do the research and are closed minded.
That is not accepted science.

The level of consciousness is just gradually different between microbes, plants, anmials and humans. There is no magic there. The consciousness is basically that what animals have. It is just a higher level of problem serving capabilities with the use of neurons. Not much different than a computer. This is hard to accept by religious freeks. Science does not believe in magic but in cause and effect.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Gali wrote:
August 23rd, 2021, 1:11 am
Winston wrote:
August 23rd, 2021, 12:57 am
Gali wrote:

That is not accepted science. That is not how science is done. That is an insult on science and scientists.
I accept the reality of these intensely felt experiences. They are as authentic as any other subjective feeling or perception. As a scientist, however, I operate under the hypothesis that all our thoughts, memories, percepts and experiences are an ineluctable consequence of the natural causal powers of our brain rather than of any supernatural ones. That premise has served science and its handmaiden, technology, extremely well over the past few centuries. Unless there is extraordinary, compelling, objective evidence to the contrary, I see no reason to abandon this assumption.

Local brain regions go offline one after another. The mind, whose substrate is whichever neurons remain intact, then does what it always does: it tells a story shaped by a person’s experience, memory and cultural expectations.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... the-brain/
To produce the out-of-body illusion, the researchers touched the participants' body with a rod while simultaneously touching the stranger's body in the same place, in view of the cameras. For the participants, this technique produces the illusion that their body is in a different part of the room than where it actually is.

"It's a very fascinating experience," Guterstam said. "It takes a couple of touches, and suddenly you actually feel like you're located in another part of the room. Your body feels completely normal — you don't feel as it's floating around," he added.
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn ... periences/
Says who? I told you, science and the scientific establishment institution are NOT the same thing. The latter is man made and FALLIBLE. Why do you presume they are an authority on truth? Simple because you and the dogmatic Christians are both authority worshippers, two sides of the same coin. See below:

viewtopic.php?p=359262#p359262

Why Christians and Atheists are both authoritarians and two sides of the same coin

In fact, both Christians and Atheists (the dogmatic kind) are like two sides of the same coin in my view. They are both authority worshippers who ignore the flaws of the authority that they worship. For instance, Christians worship the authority of the Bible, Catholics worship the authority of the Papacy and Vatican, and Atheists usually worship the scientific and medical establishment. They are very forgiving of the flaws, corruption, agendas, and yes even conspiracies, in the authoritative body that they worship, and will ignore them in favor of blind obedience. For instance, Christians ignore the errors, contradictions, and flaws in the Bible and their religion, because to them, it's all from God and therefore infallible, and that's that. Likewise, Atheists ignore the corruption, politics, agenda, and even conspiracies in the medical and scientific establishment, because to them, the abstract concept of science and the man made science institutions are one and the same. They cannot differentiate between them, because of their blind trust. Both sides are heavily flawed, blind, and dumb to their obvious faults. Such is human nature.

So you see, both sides are clearly authoritarian, not freethinkers. Ironically, Atheists wrongly call themselves "freethinkers", yet they trust everything the scientific establishment says and never question it. They cannot differentiate between the concept of science and the scientific establishment, which is a man made institution, just like Christians cannot differentiate between God, the Bible, and the Christian Church, and view them all as the same, when the Bible and Church are clearly man made. So you see, both Christians and Atheists have this blind belief in the authority that they worship. By Atheists, I refer to the dogmatic hard-nosed rigid types like Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Bill Nye, Michael Shermer, and the late Christopher Hitchens.

So if you think about it, both dogmatic Christians and Atheists are just opposite ends of the same spectrum of control and blind obedience to authority. When universities hold debates between them, they insinuate that the only two choices you have are either Christianity or Atheism, which is not true of course, but it's implied that. It's a false dichotomy of course, since both sides are extreme and narrow minded and heavily flawed in many ways. In fact, every wise person and great genius rejects them both. None of the Einsteins, Teslas, or Thomas Edisons ever adopted fundamentalist Christianity or fundamentalist Atheism, but went beyond both extremes. Every wise person knows that truth does NOT lie in extremes, it is either somewhere in the middle or beyond both extremes, which I think is the case with the Christian vs Atheist dichotomy.

In my opinion, those who believe that authority is always right and cannot be questioned, as essentially WEAK people. They have no inner light, no inner virtue, no freespirit, and are very co-dependent on others to tell them what to do. They are essentially empty, and believe everyone else is empty too like they are, even those who are awakened or enlightened. Those weak willed empty types are the kind that gravitate toward authoritarianism to make them feel safe and tell them what to do. They are afraid to think for themselves, so they need authority to think for them and tell them what's right. Sadly, most people are like this.

Almost no one is a true freethinker who question everything on both sides (like I do). People usually pick one belief or one religion to worship as the truth, and then call themselves "freethinkers" by opposing the other side. For example, Atheists call themselves "freethinkers" because they reject the dogma of the Church and the Bible. Christians call themselves "freethinkers" because they reject the teachings of Darwinian Evolution and materialistic science in schools and academia, so they can follow the God of the Bible and its "truths". This is an obvious fallacy, because a true freethinker questions everything on both sides (like I am doing now). They do not adopt one side as authoritative truth and oppose everything against it and call that "freethought", which both Christians and Atheists do. That's really dumb. I'm surprised most people don't see this.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Gali wrote:
August 23rd, 2021, 1:35 am
Winston wrote:
August 23rd, 2021, 1:27 am

That is not accepted science.

The level of consciousness is just gradually different between microbes, plants, anmials and humans. There is no magic there. The consciousness is basically that what animals have. It is just a higher level of problem serving capabilities with the use of neurons. Not much different than a computer. This is hard to accept by religious freeks. Science does not believe in magic but in cause and effect.
Accepted by who? A man made institution? What gives them the authority to decide what's true and what's not? Were they appointed by God? Why do you worship them? You are a brainwashed fundamentalist, like Christians, just on the opposite end. Why do you have blind faith and trust in MEN and MAN MADE institutions? That's crazy. Can't you think for yourself? Just because something is not accepted by academic doesn't mean it's not true. Men can be wrong, especially if they have to conform to an institution. Institutions are subject to politics, corruption, bias, agendas, lies, etc. Didn't you know that? Why do you think man made establishments are pure and uncorrupted? That's a delusion. Why you so dumb and blind and unable to think? Are you sure you're not an NPC?

Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

History has shown that the religious belief is bullshit. So they are out of the race.

It is like the question what is faster a horse or a rocket? The truth does not lie in the middle. That would be stupid. The scientific method even it is corrupted in some or even many cases is astronomically more true and reliable than the religios approach.

The case was settled when Galileo Galileo said to the pope he shold look through the telescope to find out who is right. After that it was quite clear for every sane truth seeker what is going on. That is why science deniers love flat earth against all evidence because they hate science.

They hate to this day looking through a telescope and microscope because it destroys their magic worldview.

Galileo Galilei: Father of Modern Science
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eMYZCnNALc