Carnism - The Immorality of Eating Meat

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Carnism - The Immorality of Eating Meat

Post by Winston »

HouseMD wrote:
November 24th, 2018, 3:57 pm
Winston wrote:
November 24th, 2018, 3:51 pm
HouseMD wrote:
November 24th, 2018, 3:34 pm
Winston wrote:
November 24th, 2018, 3:17 pm
Wow check this out. Apparently there is a lot of evidence that Jesus and the early Christians were vegetarian! And that the Bible promotes vegetarianism too!
That's great and all but it's totally incorrect
And how would you know? You are not a Bible expert or historian or religious scholar. Those links and videos actually present A LOT of evidence from the Bible and early Christian history that Christianity and the Bible support vegetarianism. Did you even see the presentations or examine the evidence? Not!

Next time be open minded and try to learn something new that you didn't know before by listening to new information or revelations. Don't just jump to conclusions and assume that you know it all just because you have a huge western ego. :P Dismissing something out of hand or denying it is not the way of a good researcher or truth seeker. :P
I'm much more well read than you, and I'll spare retyping all of the arguments against your position and leave it to this analysis: https://www.focusonthefamily.com/family ... -the-bible
Focus on the family is a long time Christian radio show. I listened to it long ago as a teen when i was a Christian. Of course theyre not gonna tell you that jesus may have been an Essene or that reincarnation was part of Christianity until the 5th century AD when Emperor Justinian removed it at the request of the Pope, etc. Fundamentalists have absolute beliefs that are set. Like Neo on this forum. They dont care about evidence and won't be swayed by anything that contradicts their beliefs, no matter how true. We all know that. Find an objective neutral source next time.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

HouseMD wrote:
November 24th, 2018, 3:59 pm
Winston wrote:
November 24th, 2018, 3:55 pm
A Chinese Buddhist cartoon with English subtitles with a story that is GUARANTEED to turn you vegetarian! Watch if you dare! This story will touch you and shock you and make you rethink your meat eating habits. And wake you up too!
I can't imagine being so weak minded that my opinion flips completely every time I watch a cartoon
Thats a non-sequitor. A cartoon can be good or bad. Doesn't matter if its a cartoon. If it has a good message and content then it's good. Please watch the cartoons above for your souls sake and karmas sake.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Another new documentary film about the meat industry that will turn you vegetarian.

Eating Animals (2017) Trailer

Download link:
https://yts.mx/movies/eating-animals-2017

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rudolf Steiner, one of the greatest philosophers of the 20th Century, explains below why meat eating countries are more violent and prone to war and invasion with other countries, than countries where most people are vegetarian and peace-loving. He notes that horses that eat meat become more unstable, wild, and violent too. That's why horses prefer vegetarian diets. Same with humans. Very interesting.

Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

@Winston

I'm very proud of you for promoting vegetarianism. Personally, I have been vegetarian my entire life.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Outcast9428 wrote:
July 24th, 2021, 12:44 am
@Winston

I'm very proud of you for promoting vegetarianism. Personally, I have been vegetarian my entire life.
Really? Wow cool. How did u become vegetarian? Did it come naturally? U must be an evolved soul or old soul?

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
July 23rd, 2021, 7:27 pm
Rudolf Steiner, one of the greatest philosophers of the 20th Century, explains below why meat eating countries are more violent and prone to war and invasion with other countries, than countries where most people are vegetarian and
Maybe the vegetarians are just struggling to muster enough energy to get out of bed in the morning.

It seems like a lot of technological innovation has come out of meat eating countries like the US, Britain, Germany, Japan, China, Korea. I wonder how many Indians in the tech boom there ate meat.

If you don't want to eat meat that is fine.

But think about how they raise vegetables, fruits, and tubors. They cram those poor potatoes underground, dig them up out of their home, chop off their eyes, and fry them alive while they make that crackling sound, screaming for help.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Winston wrote:
July 24th, 2021, 4:16 am
Outcast9428 wrote:
@Winston

Really? Wow cool. How did u become vegetarian? Did it come naturally? U must be an evolved soul or old soul?
When I was 6 years old and learned the truth about what meat was, I decided to stop eating it.

@MrMan

There is no argument more stupid, repeated, or lame then "but what about the plants!"
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Outcast9428 wrote:
July 24th, 2021, 6:22 pm
Winston wrote:
July 24th, 2021, 4:16 am
Outcast9428 wrote:
@Winston

When I was 6 years old and learned the truth about what meat was, I decided to stop eating it.

@MrMan

There is no argument more stupid, repeated, or lame then "but what about the plants!"
Plants are living things, too.

I heard about a rescue team that was forbidden from landing a helicopter to rescue a boy lost in the wilderness because they might land on an endangered species of plant, so putting plants before people does fit into some people's ideas of ethics or at least law.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrMan,
If you were a cow, would you prefer that everyone were vegetarian? lol

Btw, you don't have to uproot a plant to eat off it. You can just pick a tomato or apple or vegetable off it, you know that?

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
July 27th, 2021, 10:54 pm
MrMan,
If you were a cow, would you prefer that everyone were vegetarian? lol
I might want them to eat more chickin.
Btw, you don't have to uproot a plant to eat off it. You can just pick a tomato or apple or vegetable off it, you know that?
Ouch! Chop a piece of them when they are alive?

I eat meat, fruits, and vegetables.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

@Winston @MrMan is not arguing in good faith he is making obviously stupid arguments as a form of mockery. This is the tactic of a person who has no rational argument.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Outcast9428 wrote:
July 28th, 2021, 10:11 am
@Winston @MrMan is not arguing in good faith he is making obviously stupid arguments as a form of mockery. This is the tactic of a person who has no rational argument.
Animals eat animal flesh. Why shouldn't we be able to? Why would it be wrong to eat animal flesh but not wrong to eat vegetables?
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

MrMan wrote:
July 28th, 2021, 12:42 pm
Outcast9428 wrote:
Animals eat animal flesh. Why shouldn't we be able to? Why would it be wrong to eat animal flesh but not wrong to eat vegetables?
If you want to stop the current mass-extinction picking up speed we need to go vegetarian to shut it down. I have my meat intake down to once a day and around 8 ounces or less and no sea-food.
Time to Hide!
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

MrMan wrote:
July 28th, 2021, 12:42 pm
Outcast9428 wrote:
People in Rwanda committed genocide why shouldn’t we be able to? Also you have a choice whether to eat meat or not, lions don’t have a choice.

Because vegetables don’t have a brain, self awareness, or pain receptors. They are alive in the same way that a brain dead person is. If you are just going to repeat mindless talking points that we have all heard a million times and not make any substantive argument then I suggest you stop replying.