Cambodia lockdown

Discuss news and current events around the world.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Cambodia lockdown

Post by ladislav »

Last edited by ladislav on October 23rd, 2020, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Cambodia stops accepting US citizens for 30 days

Post by Winston »

I heard cambodia was allowing chinese tourists still. So how can they block americans? And why?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

They think Americans are spreading the virus, but of course not the Chinese. These are investing heavily.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ladislav wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 8:06 am
They think Americans are spreading the virus, but of course not the Chinese. These are investing heavily.
Based on what evidence or rationale? Besides, you have dual citizenship right? Can't you use your other passport to go to Cambodia?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I don't have another citizenship. Cambodia is still closed I think.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well the 30 days are up. Does that mean we can fly to Cambodia now? Would we be quarantined?

I see deals on flights in my email now. Low fares and discounts. Does that mean airlines are still operating?

Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

Winston wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 6:59 pm
ladislav wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 8:06 am
They think Americans are spreading the virus, but of course not the Chinese.
Based on what evidence or rationale?
There is a general feeling, and rightly so, that the USA has bungled the response to this. Whereas China took decisive action and at least seemingly contained and limited it's spread. Personally I'm not sure who I would trust less, the Chinese govt or Don the Con. But if you simply look at the numbers we know, or think we know, it's looks significantly more likely for someone from the USA to have it than someone from China. Although I agree that I would suspect both.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Holy f**k. Look at this insane quarantine procedure in Cambodia, from Cambodia expats forum below.

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/the-ro ... 38723.html

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/topic38747.html

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/topic37306.html

$3000 deposit is an obvious scam. They will probably make it difficult to get the deposit back so they can keep it preferably. Why would a buddhist country be so greedy and shady and scammy like that? Dont cambodian officials believe in karma?

Wow look at all these nice beaches in Cambodia.

https://www.movetocambodia.com/city-guides/

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

This is crazy, but other Asian countries are not much better, all of them have severe restrictions or they don't let you in at all as a tourist or in my case as a pensioner in Thailand. But Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Philippines are not much better, all what can be done now is to wait it out.

However the number of infected people is much smaller in Asian countries compared to anywhere in Europe and USA and also Latin America.
For example data from 2 days ago:

Spain:
infected 293.352 people, deaths 28323
South Korea, about same population:
infected 12438, death 280

USA: infected 2.356.657 people, deaths 122.247
(population USA compared to Japan about 2.5 higher)
Japan: infected 18.649, death 968

Thailand is indeed extreme about its restrictions but
infected: 3148 deaths 58

Cambodia data are not clear, it reported only 129 cases, no deaths
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Mr Natural wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 10:15 am
There is a general feeling, and rightly so, that the USA has bungled the response to this. Whereas China took decisive action and at least seemingly contained and limited it's spread. Personally I'm not sure who I would trust less, the Chinese govt or Don the Con. But if you simply look at the numbers we know, or think we know, it's looks significantly more likely for someone from the USA to have it than someone from China. Although I agree that I would suspect both.
I am not so sure I agree with that at all. The media likes to make it seem that way because this is an election year and they want Trump to look bad. But the numbers say different:

By the way, I would not laud China's response at all because they have prevented the dissemination of their true numbers for face-saving political reasons.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@galileo2333 read the forum rules please: viewtopic.php?p=333549#p333549

Please do not promote illegal things here. You will receive a warning on your account. Thanks.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw, how does the Cambodia Expats Forum have thousands of active users online?

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/

Are there that many expats in Cambodia? When I was there I only saw a few. How can that be? Most people can't even find Cambodia on a map.

WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Winston wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 8:36 pm
I heard cambodia was allowing chinese tourists still. So how can they block americans? And why?
US is on the shit list. 25% of all reported deaths are from America. I say reported, because many countries aren't reporting them. Russia has many more and I'd guess most countries besides Western Europe do too. Why does USA and Western Europe have so many deaths and cases, because they are honest in their reporting.

I saw a Filipino doctor on Dr. John Campbell's youTube and he says 99.4. percent of all Covid-19 cases in Philippines are not serious. I find this hard to believe. Yes the population is young, but they have diabetes in their 40s. They've done little testing so I'm guessing there are deaths going undetected. Philippines and SEA has been an enigma of why there aren't more deaths.

See, being honest in your reporting gets you banned from countries.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Latest news on Cambodia entry requirements:

https://kh.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

https://www.evisa.gov.kh/news

It looks like you still need a deposit, but it's now $2000 instead of $3000, still a lot.

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
October 11th, 2020, 5:38 am
Latest news on Cambodia entry requirements:

https://www.evisa.gov.kh/news

It looks like you still need a deposit, but it's now $2000 instead of $3000, still a lot.
Fram the SAME link above:

All travelers must present a valid visa issued by a Cambodian Embassy or Consulate.  The Government of Cambodia has suspended the e-visa and visa-on-arrival programs until further notice.  In addition, we understand Cambodian Embassies will only accept applications for diplomatic, official, and “sponsored” business-linked visas, and will not issue tourist or other visas to enter Cambodia at this time.