Joe Rogan talks Loneliness epidemic in the U.S.

Discuss news and current events around the world.
HenryGeorge
Freshman Poster

Joe Rogan talks Loneliness epidemic in the U.S.

Post by HenryGeorge »

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Joe Rogan talks Loneliness epidemic in the U.S.

Post by Adama »

I don't mind being alone so much. That way I don't have to worry about offending anyone, and nobody offends me. However, the problem is, my body has cravings which demand interaction with a female, and it is impossible to satisfy them without one. That's where real loneliness comes in. I prefer to be quiet, and I don't need to talk so much.

I was in church a few weeks ago, and the pastor said, that the fall from grace in the Garden of Eden caused this loneliness that we feel, because the fall from grace has separated us from God.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

HenryGeorge wrote:
June 1st, 2018, 12:37 am

That was a very informative video, we as Americans are more lonely today than ever before. Welcome to life in modern day America.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
snede
Freshman Poster

Post by snede »

The isolation is quite bad. I'm looking at having open heart surgery in a few years and I have no idea how to make it through the recovery phase. I live alone, I have no family, I don't know how I would survive the period after the surgery and before I am completely self sufficient.

And there's also the question of why the f**k should I care if I survive.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

He's sold out recently to be part of the 'mainstream,' but he does come up with good topics and guests sometimes.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Loneliness is a growing problem everywhere. Not only in USA.

However it is especially bad in USA, as people do not trust each other, it is a world of mistrust, you think always about 'Could she harm me if I talk too much?' or something like that.

In Japan about 60 percent of young women and 40 percent of young men are telling you straight they are 'not interested' in any sexual relationship with the other gender. At least however many Japanese meet with their class-mates or co-workers for a short time after school/work late evening to talk about 'anything' and to eat together etc.

It is difficult to believe, but ordinary people often lost the feeling what is for real and what exists only on your computer screen. A life within a fantasy world.

Their friends are only profiles on facebook, sometimes several thousands, but they rarely meet even a few of them in real life and not so rare such profiles are fakes and that person does not even exist in that form, people are talking to somebody who offers misleading information in return.

People don't talk to each other anymore face to face, but typing some text into a chat-room from a mobile unit while walking in the street...

Some people don't find that life-style so bad, but as we see in Japan, many are getting depressive, feeling boring as humans are not created to be alone and only communicating using their digital units. Lost the ability to talk normally. Some of them even commit suicide.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Yohan wrote:
June 9th, 2018, 11:10 am
People don't talk to each other anymore face to face, but typing some text into a chat-room from a mobile unit while walking in the street...

Some people don't find that life-style so bad, but as we see in Japan, many are getting depressive, feeling boring as humans are not created to be alone and only communicating using their digital units. Lost the ability to talk normally. Some of them even commit suicide.
With Japan, at least part of the problem is cultural, frankly. They've got this thing of putting up a metaphorical wall in front of themselves.

When I'm in Japan I'm trying to talk with people every day everywhere I go (yeah, mostly young ladies I admit). I'm like the Winston of Japan. Got hundreds of photos of friends who used to be strangers until I approached them. From the friendships/romances/experiences that I've shared with people who never would have met otherwise, I can unabashedly say that approaching strangers, when done tactfully, is a positive thing.

But in Japan, the most common reaction when approaching a stranger whether in English or in Japanese (I speak fluently) is to be ignored completely and utterly. They know very well that you're trying to talk to them but they pretend as if you're not even there. You're invisible. A ghost. Not worthy of even being acknowledged as human.

I do not have this problem with women from America. Or anywhere else. This is a level of rudeness that goes beyond what women from any other country will do. Women from any other country will at least exchange a word or two, or a smile, or a nod. Any of those would be acceptable ways of saying "thanks but I'm not interested".

Japanese have developed this "reaction" because of kyakuhiki and the like. That is, store employees out on the street trying to get passers-by to come into their store. Young women have to deal with this more than men since there are also those guys out there trying to recruit them to work in girls' bars and hostess clubs, etc. So they have learned to don the magical Cloak of Ignore.

I say that by way of explanation, not by way of excuse.
There is no excuse for treating an ordinary fellow who is obviously not a store worker in this way.

I mean, some elements of culture are neither right nor wrong. In Japan you bow when greeting someone. In the USA you shake hands. Neither is right nor wrong.

But this is not one of those things. To return warmness with coldness IS wrong. Like Yohan said, humans are not created to be alone. In Japan the culture effectively punishes anyone who tries to reach out to a stranger, and they are paying a price for it. Unfortunately, Japanese have proven resistant to cultural change even when they all know the negative effect it is having. (Overwork is another example)