If someone at your kid's school has lice, shouldn't u know?

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

If someone at your kid's school has lice, shouldn't u know?

Post by Teal Lantern »

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/11/0 ... e-parents/
[S]ome school nurses are no longer sending home the dreaded "lice note" to other parents with kids in the classroom, alerting them to the possibility of lice in their own child's precious locks. The policy shift is designed to help keep children from missing class, shield children with lice from embarrassment and protect their privacy.

"Lice is icky, but it's not dangerous," says Deborah Pontius, the school nurse for the Pershing County School District in Lovelock, Nev. "It's not infectious, and it's fairly easy to treat."
I don't care if you find the most perfect, perfect NAWALT of all time, don't bring her back to the US to have a family.
This and worse B.S. is what your kids will have to grow up in & what you'll be expected to successfully raise them in, with the state opposing you at every step.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

Lice has definitely become a bigger problem than it used to be. My nieces and nephews get them constantly at school now. When I was in elementary school, several women would regularly come into class and go through each child's hair, looking for lice. If one of them was found to have lice, they would be immediately removed from class. That child wouldn't be back in class until they had the situation under control. As a result, I NEVER got lice as a child....not once.

"Lice is icky, but not dangerous" is like saying the same thing about Bed Bugs and other critters. A little embarrassment is not dangerous for children and a little trauma now and then will prepare them for LIFE. Parents in the USA have no clue these days...it's going to be scary watching these kids become "adults".