The Chinese Dream

Discuss news and current events around the world.
zacb
Experienced Poster

The Chinese Dream

Post by zacb »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... Dream.html

Very interesting. Will this be peaceful, or will this need war to ignite the passion?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: The Chinese Dream

Post by OutWest »

zacb wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... Dream.html

Very interesting. Will this be peaceful, or will this need war to ignite the passion?
Notice how he twists and turns to somehow make the Communist Party some essential part of Chinese progress.
The reality is that communism is a hideous disease from Europe that infected China. It is not Chinese at all.
China suffered colonial depredations such as the opium trade and finally one more grand infection from Europe- communism, which led to the death of scores of millions of Chinese, retarded their development, and made their leadership subservient to a diabolical European philosophy. Only when China began to abandon some elements of Marxism did it begin to prosper.
The party dogs are desperate to somehow write themselves into the history of China in a positive light, when in reality they are just a disease like syphilis from which China must recover. As China returns to its Confucian mercantile roots,
it emerges as a historic superpower. If I hated China, I would have wished Marxism upon it.

If you have kids, as I do, insist that they learn Spanish and Mandarin.

Outwest
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I agree. As soon as I am through with a small ue of books, I am going to start in on Spanish. Very interesting times.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Well I'm here in China and I'm not seeing much communism. I might write a paper on it as part of one of the courses I'm doing.

I think I'll move more money into my Bank of China RMB account - it seems safer than leaving it in the EU! Confiscation of private property - that's very much a sign of communism.

What else...

As far as I can tell rents are set by the market - there's no rent control like in the "capitalist" USA/Canada.

If anyone needs money here they have to work.

Sure, there's a fair bit of flag waving and patriotism, but I saw just as much when I was in the USA. We Brits don't tend to do much of that, except on occasions like the Queen's birthday.

There are big problems here (e.g. pollution) but that can be addressed in time. England had the same problem but it got solved.

I don't see China going on many military excursions. Heck, most of them don't seem to explore their own neighborhoods.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

xiongmao wrote:Well I'm here in China and I'm not seeing much communism. I might write a paper on it as part of one of the courses I'm doing.

I think I'll move more money into my Bank of China RMB account - it seems safer than leaving it in the EU! Confiscation of private property - that's very much a sign of communism.

What else...

As far as I can tell rents are set by the market - there's no rent control like in the "capitalist" USA/Canada.

If anyone needs money here they have to work.

Sure, there's a fair bit of flag waving and patriotism, but I saw just as much when I was in the USA. We Brits don't tend to do much of that, except on occasions like the Queen's birthday.

There are big problems here (e.g. pollution) but that can be addressed in time. England had the same problem but it got solved.

I don't see China going on many military excursions. Heck, most of them don't seem to explore their own neighborhoods.

You are making my point. As China abandoned Communism, they have boomed. The CCP still runs China though, but not as a communist economy. At least they know what side their bread is buttered on...and as Europe and the USA go the route of centrally planned and dictatorial economics, they will pay the price.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Very interesting stuff.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yeah, the economy is very capitalist here. But the communist party is firmly in control. Most key organisations here are controlled by party members.

There's quite a bit of freedom here - if you're a cyclist you can even ride the freeway in the wrong direction if you've got a deathwish or something. And ordinary folk don't seem to need to pay much in the way of tax or get harassed by the IRS equivalent.

But the communist party has eyes and ears everywhere, with a very heavy police and military presence, and every neighborhood has people watching you. I've noticed this much more in Guangzhou, which is a bit of a tinderbox due to the number of poor migrant workers, non-Chinese residents (e.g. the Africans) and the general heat/extreme overpopulation issues.

I find it quite reassuring though, and I feel pretty safe in even the poorest of neighborhoods. The foreign embassies here are also stupendously well protected!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.