Does Taiwan belong to China? Will China ever invade Taiwan?

If you're a history buff, love to talk about history and watch the History Channel, this is the board for that.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Does Taiwan belong to China? Will China ever invade Taiwan?

Post by Winston »

Not exactly Spencer. Because China took over Hong Kong yet hong kong is still rude and cold and antisocial. It didn't change the social culture. So i dont see what the big deal is. Maybe its all a drama and facade. We are all cattle either way.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Really good in-depth explanation of why China wants Taiwan so badly and why the US is willing to go to war to defend Taiwan. I wonder why the media never explains all this or even bothers trying. This is the only video I found that explains the situation and motives in detail. I didn't know Taiwan's semiconductor manufacturing plants were so important to both sides, and hence a war would be risky for both sides. I don't get the part though, about why China's shrinking workforce means that they have a limited time to invade Taiwan and are under pressure to do so before 2030. Can anyone explain that part? It wasn't clear. Can you explain it @Yohan?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

I guess with fewer people China will be less powerful. On the other hand countries like USA and India will probably have a population growth. So the window of opportunity might be closed then. Plus USA is good in isolating other countries so time might work against China in this respect but.
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

Wiseton you deserv position of honor in taiwan like edcation ministre charge with creat deep out of box freethinkers in all schools for legion of taiwaners gen z gen zz gen abc so on so forth follow your footpath into but we see it say luke 424 no prophet is accept in own country
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

@Winston

Do you have family in Taiwan? Are you not worried about China launching a full on assault on Taiwan? I thought it would happen as soon as Russia invaded Ukraine.

Don't you think most Taiwanese are NPCs anyway? If that is the case is there a small part of you that agrees with China in the sense that there shouldn't even be a Taiwan? This is partially a joke and not to be taken seriously lol.

I will have to watch the video you posted to get a better understanding of the situation. I hope it is resolved peacefully, obviously.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
August 7th, 2022, 11:56 pm
Really good in-depth explanation of why China wants Taiwan so badly and why the US is willing to go to war to defend Taiwan. I wonder why the media never explains all this or even bothers trying. This is the only video I found that explains the situation and motives in detail. I didn't know Taiwan's semiconductor manufacturing plants were so important to both sides, and hence a war would be risky for both sides. I don't get the part though, about why China's shrinking workforce means that they have a limited time to invade Taiwan and are under pressure to do so before 2030. Can anyone explain that part? It wasn't clear. Can you explain it @Yohan?
The semiconductor plants in Taiwan and their importance are well-known here in Japan.

About the question, if China will invade Taiwan or not, all replies you find about this topic are merely speculation. Nobody really knows. Even the Chinese government does not know it...

My opinion is that China will not invade Taiwan NOW, but waiting ... it is not only about Ukraine and the reaction of those people defending their country with the help of many Western nations. Of course China is also watching what is happening there - a 3 days 'special military operation' expecting a welcome with flowers was turning into a war with 40 million Ukrainians defending themselves - the destruction is huge, many lives are lost.

Of course Taiwan cannot win (even not with support from Japan, USA and other countries), but China is more about being worried that Taiwan can resist the invasion for a short time, maybe one or two weeks or even one month, and during this time the government in Taiwan will destroy as much as it can - not only the semiconductor factories in Taiwan, but also the entire coastline opposite of Taiwan on Chinese mainland - like Xiamen, Quanzhou, Fuzhou..

China is just waiting, but in the meantime it is active to secure small islands as many as it can in the South China Sea after it took over Hongkong.
China is also dreaming about a connection to the Indian Ocean, a corridor via Tibet and Myanmar/Bangladesh, demanding a large land from India, Arunachal Pradesh - which China calls 'South Tibet'...

About South Korea and Japan I do not think China will risk any military confrontation - USA cannot accept that, and South Korean and Japanese military is not so weak - and both are considered worldwide as independent countries while the political status of Taiwan is unclear.

Simply said, China has various projects which might require military force to realize and Taiwan is only one of them.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
August 9th, 2022, 12:14 am
@Winston

Do you have family in Taiwan? Are you not worried about China launching a full on assault on Taiwan? I thought it would happen as soon as Russia invaded Ukraine.

Don't you think most Taiwanese are NPCs anyway? If that is the case is there a small part of you that agrees with China in the sense that there shouldn't even be a Taiwan? This is partially a joke and not to be taken seriously lol.

I will have to watch the video you posted to get a better understanding of the situation. I hope it is resolved peacefully, obviously.

I have relatives there yes. But i am not worried about them because if China attacks it will hit Taipei and military defense targets. Not small towns and cities.

Yes pretty much all Taiwanese are NPCs. I dont see any exceptions except maybe for the elderly, which is the only friendly group in Taiwan.

I don't care if Taiwan is independent or not. It really makes no difference.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Detailed 50 min video on how Taiwan will stop an invasion by China. Btw, since bad things happen in threes, which has some truth to it, doesn't that mean that after Russia-Ukraine and Israel-Hamas, that China-Taiwan will be next?

Why does this issue matter? The people in Taiwan are so cold and soulless and the girls/women are VERY UNFRIENDLY and look hateful and creepy and think anyone who talks to them is a creep. Very bad vibes and antisocial. Taiwan is definitely the most lonely and isolating and antisocial country I've ever been to outside of America. Very soulless too. You can't connect with anyone and you constantly feel like a criminal there if you try to flirt or chat with strangers. So stuck up and repressed and UNFREE. There's no soul there, so what does it matter if China takes it? At least in China I don't feel like a criminal when I talk to girls because they are a lot more NORMAL and SOCIAL than in Taiwan. Big difference.

galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Winston wrote:
October 14th, 2023, 2:26 pm
Detailed 50 min video on how Taiwan will stop an invasion by China. Btw, since bad things happen in threes, which has some truth to it, doesn't that mean that after Russia-Ukraine and Israel-Hamas, that China-Taiwan will be next?

Why does this issue matter? The people in Taiwan are so cold and soulless and the girls/women are VERY UNFRIENDLY and look hateful and creepy and think anyone who talks to them is a creep. Very bad vibes and antisocial. Taiwan is definitely the most lonely and isolating and antisocial country I've ever been to outside of America. Very soulless too. You can't connect with anyone and you constantly feel like a criminal there if you try to flirt or chat with strangers. So stuck up and repressed and UNFREE. There's no soul there, so what does it matter if China takes it? At least in China I don't feel like a criminal when I talk to girls because they are a lot more NORMAL and SOCIAL than in Taiwan. Big difference.
Yes that is what a sociapath would think. The only thing that counts is me.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
....since bad things happen in threes, which has some truth to it, doesn't that mean that after Russia-Ukraine and Israel-Hamas, that China-Taiwan will be next?
No. Taiwan will not be the next.

China is very risk-averse and China is also very careful about money, not interested in open combat at open sea and not interested in a financial risk which might end with a high loss of money because of trade embargos with USA and Europe.

HongKong was not a big deal, just to ignore a contract of 50 years after only 25 years. East China Sea is not a big deal either, just claim one little island after the other, continue to bother Philippines and Vietnam and even Indonesia...

China is aware, what is going on between Russia/Ukraine and between Israel/Hamas in Gaza.

Taiwan cannot be occupied so easily, and Taiwan is also only 70 miles away from Japan (Yonaguni Island) and this supply route by ships cannot be cut as Japanese and US-Navy will not allow that.

To try to enter Taiwan will cause high destruction of cities opposite of Taiwan, Quanzhou 泉州市 and Xiamen 厦门市.

What China is doing so far is only to show up with a lot of warplanes flying nearby Taiwan, but that's it...a so-called paper-tiger show...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Interesting and persuasive video about why China's invasion of Taiwan is imminent and almost guaranteed to happen, and why the US will not be able to stop it. What do you think @Yohan?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yohan wrote:
October 15th, 2023, 1:07 am
Winston wrote:
....since bad things happen in threes, which has some truth to it, doesn't that mean that after Russia-Ukraine and Israel-Hamas, that China-Taiwan will be next?
No. Taiwan will not be the next.

China is very risk-averse and China is also very careful about money, not interested in open combat at open sea and not interested in a financial risk which might end with a high loss of money because of trade embargos with USA and Europe.

HongKong was not a big deal, just to ignore a contract of 50 years after only 25 years. East China Sea is not a big deal either, just claim one little island after the other, continue to bother Philippines and Vietnam and even Indonesia...

China is aware, what is going on between Russia/Ukraine and between Israel/Hamas in Gaza.

Taiwan cannot be occupied so easily, and Taiwan is also only 70 miles away from Japan (Yonaguni Island) and this supply route by ships cannot be cut as Japanese and US-Navy will not allow that.

To try to enter Taiwan will cause high destruction of cities opposite of Taiwan, Quanzhou 泉州市 and Xiamen 厦门市.

What China is doing so far is only to show up with a lot of warplanes flying nearby Taiwan, but that's it...a so-called paper-tiger show...
But China has 370 battleships, more than the US navy does, so it would win over the US in a war of attrition right? The US defense dept has run many simulations and all of them said that the US navy would lose in a war of attrition against China. See the video above. Also, China has conducted many military operations and financial transactions that indicate it is preparing for war and for western sanctions against it. See the video above. What do you think?

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
December 22nd, 2023, 8:31 am
But China has 370 battleships, more than the US navy does, so it would win over the US in a war of attrition right? The US defense dept has run many simulations and all of them said that the US navy would lose in a war of attrition against China.
Not sure how you got this impression.

As far as I can see, various internet articles - all I found - do consider USA as the world's most powerful military.

China rank 3

Japan rank 8

https://www.businessinsider.com/ranked- ... 3-china-23

-------------------------------

Other sources I found all of them listing USA as the no. 1 military power worldwide, China as no. 3 and Japan is listed up to rank 4 and 5...

Russia was formerly listed as no. 2, but not sure how it will be rated in future.

About Japan, it has about 130 battleships (without ships of the coast guard), Japan Airforce has over 700 military aircrafts (without the aircrafts of the Navy and the aircrafts of the Ground Forces) and a fleet of more than 111,000 vehicles.

This does not consider the US military in Japan, which expenses are paid 80 % by Japan (including their salaries, free use of military bases etc.)

Japan vs. China - population is about 1:11.

--------------------------------------

China will invade Taiwan? I think it will not do it, especially now after the failed invasion by Russia into Ukraine resulting in a huge loss of dead or seriously injured soldiers and destruction of plenty of vehicles, airplanes, materials and even ships.

It's just too expensive, risky and of no profit for China. Taiwan is an island and not so easy to invade.

Chinese do calculate when it is about money and profit. What might they gain if Taiwan is invaded? What might be the cost for doing that?
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

@Winston
@Yohan

I wouldn't worry about Taiwan getting invaded anyway.
The Chinese army is "Junk paper tiger army" anyway and they got their ass handed to them by the Indian army in the border skirmish in the Himalayas. The Chinese are suffering from real estate bubble crisis and decoupling of it's manufacturing base. China isn't economically strong as ten years ago. And besides, most Chinese men are "spoiled emperors" anyway. Meaning that thanks to" one child policy", parents have been coddling their only son for past generations making them into wimps.

In addition, Taiwan is protected by the U.S and it is hard to transport thousands of men and land a sizable land force in the Taiwanese coasts. They will be shot down.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
December 22nd, 2023, 9:40 am
@Winston
@Yohan

I wouldn't worry about Taiwan getting invaded anyway.
The Chinese army is "Junk paper tiger army" anyway and they got their ass handed to them by the Indian army in the border skirmish in the Himalayas. The Chinese are suffering from real estate bubble crisis and decoupling of it's manufacturing base. China isn't economically strong as ten years ago. And besides, most Chinese men are "spoiled emperors" anyway. Meaning that thanks to" one child policy", parents have been coddling their only son for past generations making them into wimps.

In addition, Taiwan is protected by the U.S and it is hard to transport thousands of men and land a sizable land force in the Taiwanese coasts. They will be shot down.
America's woke military is becoming a joke itself. I don't know why people think America's armed forces is any better. China don't have transsexuals in their military but America do. That's why they are begging their white male soldiers to come back. Plus America has lost a shit ton of wars and they only pick fights with weak countries. They got their asses handed to them by the Vietnamese because they thought they would be easy prey. America can't take on every war and support every nation, they are going to get a lot of hell from own population pretty soon. Just wait until the U.S. dollar becomes worthless, lol that military won't mean shit anymore. They'll have to deal with their own pissed off citizens and heat from all the countries they attacked. If China teams up with Russia, Iran, and NK while the U.S. is financially crippled it's game over for the U.S. they'll have no choice but to use Nukes or accept defeat their military would get decimated. There are a lot of angry nations that would love to take down America's arrogant ass.

Many people have claimed that the U.S. military can be overwhelmed even with help from Nato countries. A declining country can't win wars. That's like saying Rome is still strong enough to defend itself after it's collapse. They are throwing away all our money at helping some asshole wipe a bunch of people out. Then when the freebies run out, I'll have to deal with a bunch of angry illegals as well.