Casting Unattractive Man as the Bachelor-- Hypergamy Experiment

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Casting Unattractive Man as the Bachelor-- Hypergamy Experiment

Post by MrMan »

I was thinking about how they say a woman will think a man is attractive if other women consider him to be desirable. I think these TV shows there they have a bunch of women competing for one-man's affection take advantage of this tendency. The Bachelor does this. The girls are doing interviews where they are told to praise the man. The man has pseudo-celebrity status sometimes from being on the show before... and they watch the show. And the other girls are chasing him.

So I have an idea. I doubt The Bachelor would do this because they would not want to risk their ratings. But another show that follows a similar pattern could be put together as a social experiment.

They could take so many men and ask 100 women what they thought of the men's looks. Then pick a perfect 5--- or a five who is not obese. They could give him an average job using the same method.

Then they start the show off by talking to these women about how great the man is, exposing them to his picture to prevent shock when they meet him. They can interview the women, drawing out praise of what a great guy he is, and let them listen to each other go on about it.
It would be interesting to see if the women can convince themselves and each other that the man is attractive.