How A Poor Guy Can Get A Girl

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

How A Poor Guy Can Get A Girl

Post by jamesbond »

Good video by Richard Cooper explaining how a poor guy can get a girl.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How A Poor Guy Can Get A Girl

Post by MrMan »

His chart is too simplistic. There are more variables than just looks and money. There are also confidence, personality, power and competence in fields that do not produce a lot of money, etc.

A female psychology grad student may think the well-published professor who created a new theory is all that. But his salary could be $100K. He's high status in her field. If she were working in a business field, someone at that level might make $300K. A woman could think the top blogger in some field she is into is high status when he does not make a lot of money from it. A head of a local non-profit who does not make a lot of money could be high status to a woman in that field. Jordan Peterson was saying there was research showing that pictures of the same man's face with a description would get different ratings from women for attractiveness based on descriptions of what he did. Men who were highly competent in low-paying fields rated as highly as men who were highly competent in high-paying fields. They found competence appealing.

Another factor is personality, confidence and that whole category of things. When I was in Jakarta, I spoke with this Filipina on the phone about a gig I was trying to do for some money. I went to meet her and her co-workers. She sounded like my mother-in-law on the phone, just a bit of gravel in her voice, and since my mother-in-law is middle aged, I was surprised when I saw this young woman since I probably had a different picture in my mind. For facial beauty, I'd say she was a 9 or close to it, thin, etc. She worked with some local men. One of them had previously been engaged to this Filipina, but his mother thought she was a party girl, and I imagine there were religious differences. Their family was very religious, so mom vetoed his choice of bride, so they did not marry.

I cannot tell if a man is a 'good-looking dude' like this guy in the video says, but I can tell sometimes is a man is rather unattractive, and I would say that about the looks of this man who had asked this beautiful Filipina to marry him. He'd had some kind of special foreign artist status in the Philippines, which might have helped his status. I was trying to figure out how he had dated such a pretty girl. Then I had conversations with him. He was the best listener I'd ever talked with. He'd nod and affirm what you said, and it was so interesting to talk with him. My wife met him and she commented on it also. He was extremely charming and fun to be around.

The autistic guy this man is advising might be on the opposite end of the scale, but I thought he should have offered some more holistic advice. If you are in early retirement for mild autism and get disability, does that mean your career is over? If he gets enough to scrape by on and he can scrape up just a little cash, he might be able to build a small business that eventually generates some income. For example, if he started an online business where if he made more money than was allowed for him to keep his disability, he could quickly dump all the profits into advertising and keep doing that to make the business bigger and bigger until finally the profits were enough to not worry at all about the disability payments.

In the US, the way the government programs work if you follow the rules is they give you some pittance to live on. If you make a certain small amount of money that is okay. But if it exceeds a certain level-- which still has you in poverty-- then they take away the benefits-- cash, medical, etc. It is hard for poor people with few job skills to make the leap high enough above that threshold to justify getting off the assistance. For able-bodied people who are not single mothers, cash welfare dries up after so many years, but single mothers can get it for years.

But if you have a business where you can dump the profits quickly into expenses, then it is possible to build and build until it gets to a point where you can start keeping the money and report it and not care about the welfare, disability, SSI, etc.-- theoretically--or dip into it just enough not to not knock you out of welfare.

This is assuming that people actually report as they should or that there are enough case workers to remove people from the rosters who don't qualify for benefits.

If the man were able to build up his finances to be able to support a wife, then a woman might consider him a potential match.

It is also not true that women never marry down, financial. There are cases where it happens. Queens and female heirs to thrones married. Queen Elizabeth was married for a long time, relatively recently widowed (hint hint for you guys who like older rich women.) If a woman is too high up on the scale financially, she has to marry down. Billionaire heiresses might have to settle for less rich billionaires or millionaires. But if he is a mere multi-millionaire but he is a celebrity, related to a former head of state, has an incredible personality and confidence, runs a charity, is highly accomplished in her field of study or work, is a famous actor or musician, or is just accomplished in some little thing she thinks is cool, etc. then he can be considered high enough status in her eyes.

For me personally, I wouldn't want to be the Queen's consort. If I were an earl, I'd rather marry some marquess' daughter who did not outrank me than marry the queen and father the next queen if my wife would outrank me. That's a messed up situation. I would not care for a situation where I made no money and the wife brought it all in, especially early on when you are setting the tone for the marriage. You need to set the pattern where you are in charge and she submits to you. I should have been firmer about that from the get go. I was probably too nice. I had to work at it later on in marriage. And you have to maintain that position going forward throughout life, reasserting your position, even with some of the best wives.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How A Poor Guy Can Get A Girl

Post by Cornfed »

If he is just talking about sex the answer is simple. Be the stupid, worthless scum of the earth.