Is buying flowers for women a useless waste of money?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is buying flowers for women a useless waste of money?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

HouseMD wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:39 pm
Buying flowers for a new girl is meaningless. Their purpose is better as a reminder for a girl you have been with for some time that she's still on your mind
Leave it to the Doc to swoop in with the voice of reason when there was just none to be had.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:54 am
Well, I guess even you lapse into responses of complete silliness when you have nothing else to which to resort.

At a certain point, my beating up on someone so clearly outmatched becomes boring so I’m going to get back to posting things of interest to other posters rather than smacking you around the forum again and again. It appears that you are starved for attention, but if you put in have your efforts of trolling into getting higher quality women, you might not be so bitter about me and my personal life.

Do look into getting some professional help for yourself though. I was not joking about that at all about the clinically observable aspects of your behavior (Psychopathic fixations, continuous gaslighting attempts, Cluster B Personality Disorder elements of behavior, easily triggered narcissistic injury/rage, admitted rumination, etc). If you don't care to seek help for yourself, do it for the poor people who have to live and work around you. Thank goodness your family got your dysfunction out of their midst. You forget that I had to manage and often get rid of toxic individuals like yourself over the years. I pick up on them immediately and while I have my fun toying with them now, they can be quite harmful to be around for protracted periods of time.
Absolutely fantastic, weird and wonderful, when you revert every single statement addressed to you back to the sender. As if people cannot just scroll up, read our exchanges and understand who of us two lives in a fantasy world where he is on top of the world and look down on anyone else.

I mean, clinically interesting...

I think you are beyond repair. We will continue to tolerate your posting because we know it's the only way you can feel alive, accepted and respected. This is your therapy, and it's kind of free, the only cost being on our patience. We understand.

Nobody living and working around me noticed any of the symptoms you describe. Perhaps people around you did...oh, sorry, you don't have anyone around you IRL.

The only "individual" you'd better get rid of is this online identity of yours: arrogant, boastful, aggressive, deluded. Anyone here can really tell you have no life whatsoever beyond this screen, let alone "success".
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

hypermak wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 10:19 pm
June 24th, 2020, 11:54 am
Well, I guess even you lapse into responses of complete silliness when you have nothing else to which to resort.

At a certain point, my beating up on someone so clearly outmatched becomes boring so I’m going to get back to posting things of interest to other posters rather than smacking you around the forum again and again. It appears that you are starved for attention, but if you put in have your efforts of trolling into getting higher quality women, you might not be so bitter about me and my personal life.

Do look into getting some professional help for yourself though. I was not joking about that at all about the clinically observable aspects of your behavior (Psychopathic fixations, continuous gaslighting attempts, Cluster B Personality Disorder elements of behavior, easily triggered narcissistic injury/rage, admitted rumination, etc). If you don't care to seek help for yourself, do it for the poor people who have to live and work around you. Thank goodness your family got your dysfunction out of their midst. You forget that I had to manage and often get rid of toxic individuals like yourself over the years. I pick up on them immediately and while I have my fun toying with them now, they can be quite harmful to be around for protracted periods of time.
Absolutely fantastic, weird and wonderful, when you revert every single statement addressed to you back to the sender. As if people cannot just scroll up, read our exchanges and understand who of us two lives in a fantasy world where he is on top of the world and look down on anyone else.

I think you are beyond repair. We will continue to tolerate your posting because we know it's the only way you can feel alive, accepted and respected. This is your therapy, and it's kind of free, the only cost being on our patience. We understand.

Nobody living and working around me noticed any of the symptoms you describe. Perhaps people around you did...oh, sorry, you don't have anyone around you IRL.

The only "individual" you'd better get rid of is this online identity of yours: arrogant, boastful, aggressive, deluded. Anyone here can really tell you have no life whatsoever beyond this screen, let alone "success".
As I mentioned before, at a certain point my beating up on someone so clearly outmatched becomes boring so I’m going to get back to posting things of interest to other posters rather than smacking you around the forum again and again. It appears that you are starved for attention, but if you put in have your efforts of trolling into getting higher quality women, you might not be so bitter about me and my personal life.

Do look into getting some professional help for yourself though. I was not joking about that at all about the clinically observable aspects of your behavior (Psychopathic fixations, continuous gaslighting attempts, Cluster B Personality Disorder elements of behavior, easily triggered narcissistic injury/rage, admitted rumination, etc). If you don't care to seek help for yourself, do it for the poor people who have to live and work around you. Thank goodness your family got your dysfunction out of their midst.

I had to manage and often get rid of toxic individuals like yourself over the years. I pick up on them immediately and while I have my fun toying with them for sport, they can be quite harmful to be around for protracted periods of time.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

June 24th, 2020, 10:34 pm
As I mentioned before, at a certain point my beating up on someone so clearly outmatched becomes boring so I’m going to get back to posting things of interest to other posters rather than smacking you around the forum again and again. It appears that you are starved for attention, but if you put in have your efforts of trolling into getting higher quality women, you might not be so bitter about me and my personal life.

Do look into getting some professional help for yourself though. I was not joking about that at all about the clinically observable aspects of your behavior (Psychopathic fixations, continuous gaslighting attempts, Cluster B Personality Disorder elements of behavior, easily triggered narcissistic injury/rage, admitted rumination, etc). If you don't care to seek help for yourself, do it for the poor people who have to live and work around you. Thank goodness your family got your dysfunction out of their midst.

I had to manage and often get rid of toxic individuals like yourself over the years. I pick up on them immediately and while I have my fun toying with them for sport, they can be quite harmful to be around for protracted periods of time.

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

hypermak wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 10:36 pm
June 24th, 2020, 10:34 pm

hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

June 24th, 2020, 10:56 pm
Another one of your "gurus"?! Are you able to have thoughts of your own, or that US gov job of yours reduced your brain to mush long ago?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

hypermak wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:51 pm
Another one of your "gurus"?! Are you able to have thoughts of your own, or that US gov job of yours reduced your brain to mush long ago?
RichKiddey
Freshman Poster

Post by RichKiddey »

I don`t think so, but that must be not an everyday gift.
Holidays,big dates,man with a good mood and girl with a bad mood - all these reasons are pretty serious to make a such gift!
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

I think for a special occasion, buying flowers for a woman or loved one is a good thing. I recently had a girl here in Vietnam that I've been with ask me to buy her flowers and I told her "f**k that". I knew it was just a way for her to try to control me. Buying flowers or anything for a girl won't make her like you more. Attraction is pre-determined.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 12:29 am
I don't understand the tradition of buying flowers for a woman, and why do men still do it to try to impress a woman? I mean, in my experience it seems to make no difference at all....
Here in Japan the use of flowers as tradition/gift from men to women is not so common.
Flowers are used for decorating graves, or for your own garden if you have one ....

Most gifts in Japan are more into direction of something more useful, like a box with selected food, or JCB gift coupons (which can be used in more than 1 million shops in Japan, like cash money) so the person can choose what to buy with them.

Flowers will end up anyway a few days later in the garbage bin...

I never buy flowers, a waste of money.
gwele
Freshman Poster

Post by gwele »

Flowers that haven't been picked also die. The gift of flowers can be for purely aesthetic enjoyment, but they also serve as a reminder that all things are temporary. Love, life, and even unpopular opinions are destined for dissolution and are therefore all the more beautiful for it. There is a deeper meaning here if you think about it. For example, I really like how flowers look in bouquets, or how tables look full of decorations of fresh flowers. For some holidays, I always order flowers from https://fiftyflowers.com/ for my loved ones: my mother, sisters, grandmother, and my girlfriend. This is a great sign of attention and an interior item.
Last edited by gwele on December 14th, 2022, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I remember buying a single rose off the street in South Korea for a girl I was dating. I think I knew of one place in all of Jakarta where I could buy flowers, and house plants. It doesn't seem to be a big thing in the parts of the world I lived in.

My wife is pretty easy when it comes to gifts. We've both forgotten our anniversary before, and we remembered it on the way to a Bible study once in Jakarta when two of our kids were small and the other weren't born yet. If I didn't get her a birthday or a Christmas gift, we'd probably be okay. She's the same way about buying gifts for me. She got new clothes for Christmas/New Years growing up.

She does like flowers. I let her buy a bunch of bulbs to plant in the yard. That's expensive, but buy flowers 10 or 20 times, and you could buy bushes and fertilizer for that. If you have free wifey labor, then you probably come out cheaper and have a nice yard. :) She likes gardening. She'll get flowers from the bushes in front of the house.

I also took her through years of grad-school induced poverty and I've been unemployed at various birthdays, etc., back in my vagabond English teacher days. But now that we are doing a bit better, I do bring her flowers from time to time.

She took a long trip when her father died, and she was sending me some eager messages about when she got home. I did buy some flowers, clean and decorate our room a little, just to make things a bit more exciting. But I don't really see a pattern of flowers--> more sex or flowers-->better sex personally. There might be a little. I think I have as much sex without building up much romance and making a few cracks about what I am going to do to her later tonight or other double enuendo comments along those lines.

But I still occasionally buy her flowers for a birthday, etc. It's also an easy gift to buy. You don't have to worry as much about it not matching her style if you know what flowers she likes. For some reasons, orchids are one of those. They last about a week and if you water them, just a little, the plant lives and supposedly some day it will bloom, but it seems like it never does and she either planted them somewhere or they just died.

My mom likes floral arrangements, too. So mother's day, birthday, whatever, I let my wife pick out some big flower arrangement in a pot that has the potential to live a while.

I like flowers as a gift option since it is a fairly easy go-to gift, but an arrangement in a pot. It's better, socially, than a gift card to a restaurant. Plants add oxygen to the room, so there is a utilitarian function to a flower in a pot as opposed to just buying flowers that will soon die.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

No!!!!!!! Buying flowers for women is not a useless waste of money.
But you should probably only do that after you've already got her into bed 1-2 times and given her some good orgasms first.
Once you've given her her first g-spot squirting orgasm (I love those things, LOL) and have got a purring kitten on your hands where she's smiling and laughing and looking at you with natural dilated pupils and everything, then it's good to do stuff like have sweet romantic candle-lit dinners and buy her flowers, since you're the one with the power in relationship at that point, so she knows you're buying her the flowers because you're romantic and care about her.

Here's a beautiful girl from Africa with some flowers to prove my point:

@Outcast9428, you're with me on this one, aren't you, i.e. about buying women flowers after you've given them some big orgasms 1st?
Are you and I the only real romantics around here right now? :lol:
Anyway, here's another pic of that same beautiful girl with some more flowers. See? It's obviously a good idea to buy women flowers, as long as you follow the correct "order of operations" I outlined above.
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

@WilliamSmith

Oh yeah I bought my girlfriend flowers to celebrate our 1 month anniversary of dating lol. Although we are actually about to hit two months.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

I'm also very romantic. If I had a girlfriend, I would buy her flowers at least once a week if I lived in some countries. I think it's a physical expression of love and romance. I would have to seriously be into the girl and she should be passionate about me. It would also probably be better after the relationship has already become sexual. There's no real reason to buy flowers for the relationship unless the girl is genuinely passionate and it's really something serious.

@Outcast9428 @WilliamSmith
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑