Why PUA is Dead

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Why PUA is Dead

Post by jamesbond »

This is a really good video explaining why PUA is officially dead.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why PUA is Dead

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

It’s always been dead to me, but others are simply catching on to the gimmickry. PUA is simply the exploitation of the void created by poor or absent Western fathering, period. It has nothing to do with Red Pill growth and it is profiteering versus altruistic.

The only positive thing I grant it is their PUA Dictionary of terms which describes many phenomena that I noticed with women for years but could never define. For example, I always noticed that women would often position themselves into my field of view, dance right in front of me, or brazenly stand right in front of me. PUAs call what they do an "indicator of interest," and my noticing it a male "proximity alarm system." Terms like that are useful in my opinion.

https://www.pualingo.com/pua-terminology-list/

But despite its exhaustive list of interesting terminology, PUA as a pragmatic pursuit, is just a scheme fatten the pockets of charismatic “gurus” giving false hope to awkward, unattractive, or low value men.

Any man who travels outside of the West realizes that PUA is a waste of time and money.

Caveat: I am a huge proponent of Alan Roger Currie’s “Mode One” direct approach with women. He is not a PUA, per se, but he advocates being (politely) upfront and direct about sexual interest as soon as possible with a girl. That way you sexualize your status in her mind, or you get rejected and avoid the friend zone immediately. Women hate when they can’t string men, with whom they have no sexual interest, along for attention, favors, and ego boosting. Mode One is the solution to that.
Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on February 16th, 2020, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why PUA is Dead

Post by yick »

"If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart."

Nelson Mandela

I can talk about PUA abroad and why that can never ever work - once upon a time - the victor of the Cold War was the English-speaking white male - he liberated the commies and he had high value - when it opened up in the early 1990's, planeloads of the biggest f***ing dorks that you've ever seen in your life landed in Moscow, Budapest, Warsaw and all points east - and some of them pumped and dumped to their hearts content - nowadays - an English speaking western male in most of these cities is seen as one up from a rat! Especially if you have nothing to offer and no language skills - from dorky, oversexed Americans who looked like that cunt Napoleon Dynamite to drunken stag night Brit wankers and everything else in between. PUA was part of a movement where you could cheat the system and worked for awhile - in places like Bogota, Bangkok and Bratislava - nowadays - you take your PUA tricks to these cities and try and charm these women these days you are going to end up wanking in your hotel room every night.

Who has benefited from this of course are local men and men who can speak the local language of the place they're in - once upon a time, an English speaking western male had a certain dynamic of charm and elevation - something like a pair of Levi's jeans - but he had to f**k that up as the wankers came in the plane load, don't worry - Italian and Spanish men that were VERY revered in places like Poland, the Czech Republic and Ukraine are doing their best to f**k it up as they send out their sleazy Paolos and Pablo's to slime all over the local ladies - no doubt in Spanish and Italian - once upon a time, a meditteranian man was the height of masculinity in a lot of Eastern Europe - now, they're seen in their correct light. :lol: Meanwhile - local men seem charming and lovely in comparison - it proves one thing time and time again, the idiots will always f**k good things up.

Thankfully, in China, PUA could never work because of the cultural and social dynamic of dating - which is, a girl has to get to know you better before she decides that you are a romantic prospect - I shudder to think what would happen to PUA artists in any second to third tier city in China.