Great Movies worth checking out - Post your recommendations

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Great Movies worth checking out - Post your recommendations

Post by Winston »

Wow. I just saw this amazing psychological thriller by Roman Polanski, who directs and stars in it. Its called The Tenant from 1976. Its very kafkaesque and a great mind f**k. Everyone in it acts psycho and abnormal. U are left wondering whether the protagonist is insane or if everyone else is in on a conspiracy, like in the movie Rosemary's Baby (also directed by Polanski) or Shutter Island (2010). Lol. Thats a question i always ask in real life too, as u all know. Lol. Thats why i love films like this.

Its a masterpiece for sure. I cant believe i never heard of it before. The end will leave u scratching ur head as if can be interpreted and debated in multiple ways. I love ambiguous endings like that. Its sheer geniusness!

Also contains a lot of esoteric symbolism too, such as the solar messiah (Jesus) motif of death and resurrection. And weird Egyptian symbols too.

Trailer and info:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074811/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Download link:

https://yts.mx/movies/the-tenant-1976
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this film from the 1940's called Fountainhead, based on the novel by female philosopher Ayn Rand. It looks good and is a great story about an outsider who wants to be free to express his talents his way without conforming to the world of slaves and slavemasters, which in this world usually gets you crushed or pushed aside. It's about a man with the courage to stand against the world in order to be himself. Great morale. Here's the trailer.

Synopsis
Individualistic and idealistic architect Howard Roark is expelled from college because his designs fail to fit with existing architectural thinking. He seems unemployable but finally lands a job with like-minded Henry Cameron, however within a few years Cameron drinks himself to death, warning Roark that the same fate awaits unless he compromises his ideals. Roark is determined to retain his artistic integrity at all costs.

Also check out this 1969 film called Kes, about a misfit boy in British school who has no friends except a falcon named Kes, who accepts him for who he is and doesn't mind him being different, unlike everyone else. It's a story many of us here can relate to.

AMG Summary:

In this 1969 Ken Loach film, a 15-year-old named Billy Casper suffers abuse both at home and at school in Yorkshire, England. At his home in the working-class section of Barnsley, Billy's brother beats him and his family neglects him. At school, most of his teachers ridicule and reject him, especially sadistic Mr. Sugden. Like other downtrodden children in an outmoded social system favoring the ruling class, Billy appears headed for a menial job with no future. Consequently, he has no motivation and nothing to look forward to, until the day he finds a kestrel -- a European falcon with the ability to hover against strong wind. The bird, a fledgling, is akin to the boy, who must withstand winds of his own. It is not surprising, therefore, that Billy finds meaning in befriending and caring for the baby kestrel. He raises, nurtures, and trains the falcon, whom he calls "Kes." Its development gives him hope that he too will one day develop, that he too will gain the skills to fly against the wind. Upon the urging of a sympathetic teacher, Mr. Farthing Colin Welland, Billy even summons the courage to take the falcon to school to educate his unfriendly classmates about falconry. Will Billy eventually rise above the repression and privation of his home life and social life? The answers to these questions appear to lie in the fate of the falcon.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out this movie called Harper starring Paul Newman from 1966, where he's a real ladies man and handles women roughly. lol. This is how you handle American women. lol. Trailer below.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrPeabody wrote:
December 2nd, 2017, 10:11 pm
The Egyptian was a movie made in 1954. It is about the reign of the pharaoh Akhenaton who introduced the worship of Aten in Egypt creating the first monotheistic religion in 14th century BC. It is a pretty good story. The lead role was originally offered to Marlon Brando who turned it down. The video was recorded too fast so play it on speed .75.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI3JMxWE-Qo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Egyptian_(film)
The link is broken. Here's a new one. Does this film portray Akhenaten positively? Some truthers I listen to said that Akhenaten started the Cult of Aton which led to the Illuminati and Zionists and NWO too.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out this new movie called "The Unholy". It looks good and the girl is gorgeous and heavenly. See the trailer below.

The Unholy (2021)

'The Unholy' follows Alice, a young hearing-impaired girl who, after a supposed visitation from the Virgin Mary, is inexplicably able to hear, speak and heal the sick. As word spreads and people from near and far flock to witness her miracles, a disgraced journalist hoping to revive his career visits the small New England town to investigate. When terrifying events begin to happen all around, he starts to question if these phenomena are the works of the Virgin Mary or something much more sinister.

Trailer:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9419056/?ref_=vp_back

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this scary movie which predicts our future. Trailer and description below:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12592252/

Four years into quarantine the virus has changed and so have we... The COVID-23 virus has mutated and the world is in its fourth year of lockdown. Infected Americans are ripped from their homes and forced into quarantine camps known as Q-Zones, from which there is no escape, as a few brave souls fight back against the forces of oppression. Amid this dystopian landscape, a fearless courier, Nico (KJ Apa), who's immune to the deadly pathogen, finds hope and love with Sara (Sofia Carson), though her lockdown prohibits them from physical contact. When Sara is believed to have become infected, Nico races desperately across the barren streets of Los Angeles in search of the only thing that can save her from imprisonment ... or worse.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow this one looks very esoteric and interesting and out there. See trailer below.

The Visitor (1979)

Synopsis
John Huston stars as an intergalactic warrior who joins a cosmic Christ figure in battle against a demonic 8-year-old girl, and her pet hawk, while the fate of the universe hangs in the balance. Multi-dimensional warfare, pre-adolescent profanity and brutal avian attacks combine to transport the viewer to a state unlike anything they've experienced... somewhere between Hell and the darkest reaches of outer space.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080100/?ref_=vp_back

The soul of a young girl with telekinetic powers becomes the prize in a fight between forces of God and the Devil.

Download link:
https://yts.mx/movies/the-visitor-1979

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow you gotta see this. It was so rad. It probably depicts how satanic cults work in real life. Brilliant twist at the end. Lol

Spellbinder (1988)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096152/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_1

10 | Spellbindingly Brilliant!!
This film is truly one of the best "Supernatural" thrillers I have seen ( and I've seen quite a lot!!), including "Poltergeist", the "Entity",the "Fog" and "Carrie" to name but a few. "Spellbinder" is exactly what the title suggests, (SPELLBINDING!) and definitely deserves to share the same podium as the aforementioned films.

It is a supernatural "murder, mystery, suspense thriller" that truly lives up to the name of it's title with a completely unexpected twist that will leave you in disbelief.

It's an extremely well scripted and well acted story with both the lead actors: Kelly Preston (extemely beautiful) and Timothy Daly(charismatic), doing an excellent job and holding your attention through every nerve jangling and suspense filled second through to a climactic ending that will have you on the edge of your seat.

One of the best films of it's genre'. Excellent. One to watch with the lights on!!.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Winston wrote:
April 29th, 2021, 1:50 pm
Wow this one looks very esoteric and interesting and out there. See trailer below.

The Visitor (1979)

Synopsis
John Huston stars as an intergalactic warrior who joins a cosmic Christ figure in battle against a demonic 8-year-old girl, and her pet hawk, while the fate of the universe hangs in the balance. Multi-dimensional warfare, pre-adolescent profanity and brutal avian attacks combine to transport the viewer to a state unlike anything they've experienced... somewhere between Hell and the darkest reaches of outer space.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080100/?ref_=vp_back

The soul of a young girl with telekinetic powers becomes the prize in a fight between forces of God and the Devil.

Download link:
https://yts.mx/movies/the-visitor-1979
Wow I just saw this. It was amazing and awesome. Very different and unique. It's about good ETs vs the illuminati cabal fighting over a telekinetic girl and her mother. Its a whistleblowing movie by the alliance, as David Wilcock would say. It even has a Jesus figure leading the good ETs. And they explain how the evil cabal on earth was seeded by an evil ET long ago, aka the Nephilim and fallen angels. The movie was really rad with an awesome soundtrack. Very unique. See the trailer below.

These comments will make you want to see it.

Chris. G
I loved this. Not for the horror aspect, which it lacks, but for the sci-fi/fantasy aspect. A very memorable opening scene, the jesus-like figure, the fight between good and evil - all very good. This is a quote thats on the dvd cover.... "A rediculously entertaining hybrid of Rosemarys Baby, Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, The Birds, Damien, Omen 2 And more. It's the schizophrenic mother of all 1970s drive in oddities". I'd have to agree. A brilliant and memorable film. (just my opinion) :-)

Trenton Hancock
How have I NEVER heard of this?! It has literally everything I love about supernatural and psychological horror AND it has Lance Hendrickson and Franco Nero as Christ?! I mainly love that it’s an off the wall Italian giallo horror made for an American audience. This one seems to have been swept under the rug for some reason. Can’t wait to watch!!

This track from the visitor movie feels very sad and melancholy. Like my soul. Lol

dazekid105
I can definitely picture an Italian broken-hearted rich entrepreneur's kid driving through the coast on his father's Ferrari Testarossa listening to this in the summer of 1981; as the fresh wind runs through his brown hair, he acknowledges that the void she left inside him cannot be fulfilled by the materialistic essence of the luxury items he owns.

Bonus: my doggo + crash bandicoot music = https://youtu.be/aC7RVMXCNDQ

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check this out. There's a new Disney Pixar movie called "Soul" about the afterlife and what happens there between lives. It looks really good. See review of it by Wayne Bush below:

http://www.trickedbythelight.com/tbtl/Soul.html

Heres the trailer. It looks pretty good.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2948372/?ref_=vp_back

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this hilarious Kung Fu parody from 1982. The trailer looks hilarious. Everyone says it's hella funny and a blast. lol

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084786/

Synopsis
A Korean man's resemblance to the legendary martial arts star Bruce Lee proves to be a mixed blessing when he stumbles onto the activities of the Mob.

Plot
A goofy Korean finds his life hopelessly complicated with people continually confusing him with Bruce Lee.

Trailer

Download link:
https://yts.mx/movies/they-call-me-bruce-1982

Funniest line in the movie:

Reviewed by sean7 10 / 10
Brilliant martial arts spoof

The jokes are stupid and Johnny Yune's acting is atrocious, but this is one of the funniest comedies ever made.

Best line - "I'm a sex object, when I ask women for sex, they object"

Trust me on this one.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Italian tear jerker film from 1973. Guaranteed to make you cry, everyone says. @MarcosZeitola this may resonate with you since you are big on father-son relations. You and your wife should see this with a box of kleenex. lol

The Last Snows of Spring - Italy, 1973

A 10-year-old boy starts to die of neglect when his widowed father spends too much time forsaking his parental duties in favour of playboy activities and a jet-set life-style.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0162026/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Full Film with Eng dub:

The soundtrack in it is very beautiful, sad, and moving too.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some great TV movies from the 1980s about the danger and brainwashing people go through when joining religious cults. One is called "Blinded by the Light" and the other "Ticket to Heaven". Free to watch on YouTube below.

Keep in mind guys that Christianity is a cult too. It has all the characteristics of one. It's just not called one because it's an established cult that's approved by the elites to control people on a mass scale. But if you go to any Christian fundamentalist or evangelical church you will see the same cultish mind control atmosphere that any other cult has, where reason is hijacked by dogma and groupthink. I don't understand why freethinkers like @Neo and @MrMan can't see that.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow everyone. I just saw one of the best conspiracy thrillers ever! Total whistleblower movie. Dedicated to targeted individuals like kelly too. Its called Wander (2020). Stars Aaron Eckhart and Tommy Lee Jones. Perfect movie for conspiracy buffs. Covers almost everything. Very engaging and thrilling. Must see if youre a conspiracy fan. Will make a believer out of anyone. See trailer below.

In the movie Aaron Eckhart stars as a conspiracy crackpot who is paranoid and checks every room for electronic bugs. But he turns out to be right after all. The scary thing is that even people close to you who u think are on your side could be in on it and betray you. Lol. A must see for any conspiracy buff. Totally validates them.

Truthers are all talking about this movie. It reveals a lot of forbidden info. @HappyGuy will love it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9689696/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Plot:

After getting hired to probe a suspicious death in the small town of Wander, a mentally unstable private investigator becomes convinced the case is linked to the same 'conspiracy cover up' that caused the death of his daughter.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow the new Justice League movie by Zack Snyder has a very high rating. See below. Superhero fans are saying it's the best Justice League movie ever. I can't believe it's 4 hours long. How can that be? Don't they usually split that into two parts?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12361974/?ref_=vp_back
https://yts.mx/movies/zack-snyders-justice-league-2021

Trailer