Retro TV Show Intros & Themes (Very Nostalgic)

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Retro TV Show Intros & Themes (Very Nostalgic)

Post by Winston »

How come modern TV shows are no longer as wholesome as they were in the past, when characters were kind, personable, natural, down to earth, simple, etc.? Nowadays, it's like whoever is more tough and unfeeling is admired, as if such traits were our "ideal". WTF?

Check out these intros to these past TV shows. They remind of times when I felt young and innocent. The characters were more likable, wholesome, fun and campy. Do these bring back nostalgia for any of you too?

Love Boat Intro

The Waltons Intro

Chips Intro (awesome theme)

Hawaii Five O Intro

Gillians Island Intro

Dynasty Intro (beautiful theme)

The A-Team Intro

Knight Rider Intro

The Big Valley (from the 60's, damn look how hot Linda Evans used to be! Damn!)

The Six Million Dollar Man Intro (one of my favorite shows and themes)

Last edited by Winston on February 11th, 2011, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

You forgot all these...

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century:

Funny mini-doc about the series:

I have to agree with this video, oh my!

Lost in Space:

Batman:

Battlestar Galactica:

Little House on the Prairie:

The Dukes of Hazzard:

The Muppet Show:

I Dream of Jeannie:

Barbara Eden was so hot, if she was my Jeannie I would be commanding her to bang me all the time!

Bewitched:

America started going to shit in the early 90's, you can see the changes by watching the TV and music put out...
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Those are great classics too of course, Mr. S.

I loved Buck Rogers and Battlestar Galactica too. In fact, I already bought the whole Buck Rogers series off of Half.com and am watching the episodes now. They are pretty fun and the special effects still look good, esp the lasers and space fighter battles.

The characters are far more fun and campy than characters nowadays.

That Buck Rogers episode you posted of the Space Vampire was one of my favorites and was scary as hell when I first saw it.

Wilma was so hot too.

Science fiction fans are usually shocked when they hear that I prefer the original Battlestar Galatica over the new one. The new has such shitty characters who are overly tough, uncaring and cold. A total turn off. The original one was way more fun and cool to me.

BTW, speaking of Lost in Space (which I used to watch all summer long in my isolated home in California during summer break), check out how hot Penny Robinson (Angela Cartwright) used to look, compared to how she looks today. You'll be shocked.

How she looked when she was young and hot and modest and innocent looking:

Check out the perfect looking photo of her at 0:33 in the slide show. She looks to die for.

And in this slide show, she looks so young and innocent, the way girls were meant to be.

And this is how she looks now. My God! Look at the difference.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Look how wholesome TV shows were in the past

Post by Winston »

Did any of you ever watch Airwolf, a TV series in the 80's about a super helicopter? The main character who flies Airwolf was String Fellow Hawke, played by Jan Michael Vincent. He was so masculine, no-nonsense and no BS. He never took crap from women but he never mistreated them either, and always told it like it is. He was introverted, like us, and lived in a quiet mountain cabin by the lake with eagles soaring overhead. What a man. Too bad male TV characters today are nothing like that. His co-pilot Dominic Santini, played by an old actor named Ernest Borgnine (from the Western TV series "Bonanza"), was also very real. He was loud mouthed, down to earth, king, good natured and genuine with a big heart, the kind of guy you would love to have as a friend or mentor.

Here is the TV intro for Airwolf.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET5Tx5J_lHw[/youtube]

The Season 1 intro included a debriefing too.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJkmY8CuE_g[/youtube]

Also, in the 2nd and 3rd seasons of Airwolf, the team had a girl name Caitlin, a southern girl from Texas, played by Jean Bruce Scott. She was the sweetest, kindest and most good natured American woman I've ever seen. Just seeing her smile and hearing her voice made you feel happy and cheerful. It had a soothing affect on you. I can't believe there were American women like that in the 1980's. Here are some clips of Caitlin and Hawke, so you can see what I mean.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vexe-sXjlyY[/youtube]

It's too bad that Hawke never fell in love with Caitlin, even though she was always there for him. His true love died in the pilot episode of the series, and he never had a stable lover after that, only short term flings. Hawke was afraid to love because everyone he ever loved in his life died. So he felt his love life was cursed. He had a form of Murphy's Law in his life too in that the women he loved died, while the women around him that he worked with, like Caitlin, who were always there for him, were not the ones that he loved.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is the TV intro for The Incredible Hulk series with Bill Bixby. It was produced by Kenneth Johnson, the same guy behind The Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman and V, the reptilian alien series. Notice the lonely man theme in the intro. It makes you feel sad and lonely, like you want to cry.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqZuhrDM5vE[/youtube]

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Watch this intro to Buck Rogers TV series. Notice at the end of it that Buck Rogers smiles looks very genuine, wholesome and sincere. Much more natural and freespirited than the smiles of today. Also notice that Wilmas (Erin Gray) face looks very beautiful yet kind and sincere, which you dont see on beautiful American womens faces today. Makes you nostalgic doesnt it?

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1obwMjzUY9M[/youtube]

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Retro TV show intros from the past. Very nostalgic!

Post by Winston »

Anyone remember that time travel adventure series "Voyagers" from 1982? It was a family show and was fun, happy and campy. The characters were so real and human too. The adult Voyager was played by John Eric Hexum, a good looking star who had it all - great looks and fame and was a rising star on TV. However, in the mid 1980's he mysteriously shot himself in the head with a handgun loaded with blanks, which turned out to be lethal when up close. It's never been explained. He was either playing around foolishly, or went crazy. Why would anyone do that if they had it all? Strange. The kid was played by Meeno Peluce. The soundtrack of the show is great too. You can hear it in the intro below. It's so lighthearted, like a clean wholesome fun show.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP6ET-fYg2M[/youtube]

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Retro TV Intros from the 70's and 80's

Post by jamesbond »

Here are some good TV movie introductions from CBS, ABC and NBC from the 1970's and 80's. :D

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa_nif6YanA[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02SCBcbg07A[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr5svfAxdu0[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Retro TV Movie Introductions from the 70's and 80's

Post by jamesbond »

These TV movie intro's are from the 1980's.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCNJCirF0Wg[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1t22jhCadg[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
codemon
Freshman Poster

Re: Retro TV Movie Introductions from the 70's and 80's

Post by codemon »

This thread reminded me of "Night Flight" from the 80's. I used to love watching that show. The last part of this "Night Flight" clip if pretty funny. Very 80's.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4vIqkpQQ9M[/youtube]
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Retro TV show intros and themes from the past. Very nostalgic!

Post by Winston »

Wow check out Jamie's running theme from Bionic Woman, which usually played when the Bionic Woman was running in slow mo. lol. It's very lovely and nostalgic.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Weren't the themes and soundtracks and background music of the 60's and 70's a lot more dramatic and exciting and full of feeling and energy? Why don't TV shows have themes and soundtracks like that today? Sucks.

Lost in Space TV series soundtrack and background music album.

Space 1999 Television Soundtrack

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow doesn't this soundtrack score from "The Big Valley" TV Western series sound very romantic and nostalgic make you dream of the beautiful backcountry of the Old West and the "good old days"? lol

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Retro TV Show Intros & Themes (Very Nostalgic)

Post by Winston »

Wow check out this retro TV intro theme to the TV show "CHIPS". Notice that gal in the purple car flirting with the two policemen in the clip below. Is it true that American women flirted with men back in the 60s and 70s? How come beginning in 1990 they stopped doing that in America? They still do in Russia, Eastern Europe and Latin America of course, but not in the USA. No way. How come? And why does no one dare to talk about this openly except us? @gsjackson and @Moretorque did American women flirt with you while you were driving by them in the 70s and 80s like that? lol

Btw, aren't those two wholesome friendly cops representative of cops in the US today? lol jk