Dark Knight, Batman Movies

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Dark Knight, Batman Movies

Post by Winston »

I love the mood and suspense that this theme creates.

Last edited by Winston on November 22nd, 2012, 2:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here's a teaser trailer for the third Dark Knight movie.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Implausibilities and logic flaws in Dark Knight

Post by Winston »

The Batman film Dark Knight is an artfully made masterpiece about psychological chaos. However, there are numerous implausibilities and logic flaws in it. I just saw it again, so here are the ones I noticed.

- At the beginning, during the bank heist scene organized by the Joker, the masked robbers were all ordered to shoot each other so that each of them could keep a bigger share of the fortune. Then the Joker himself joins them, unknown to his own henchmen. Why would he do that, when there was a high probability that one of them would shoot him, since they were told to shoot each other? Yet in spite of this high risk, the Joker walks through it as though he were invincible and super confident that he wouldn't get hurt.

- Near the beginning, when Batman first appears, he chases a white van in a parking garage which gets away and then jumps down 4 or 5 floors to land on its roof. That was quite a high fall, and no matter how strong Batman's armor was, it is highly unlikely that he could have survived such a fall. Batman did not have super powers. He was only human. So he cannot survive such direct straight falls unless something slows him down considerably.

- The abilities and powers of the Joker are completely implausible. He has no super powers and is not bullet proof. Yet he can blow up hospitals, ferries, rip off mob bosses, kill random people, terrorize all of Gotham City, etc. yet not one person can point a gun at him and shoot him. lol. That's crazy. Technically, any average Joe can point a gun at the Joker and shoot him, since he is only human. Yet no one ever does. Instead, everyone fears him as if he were some immortal invincible villain immune to danger. This is totally implausible and makes no sense. Normally, if you rip off the mob, they will kill you and get away with it, since everyone fears them and all the right people are paid off by them. This was established in the first film, Batman Begins, when the mob boss explains the depth of power he wields over the whole city to Bruce Wayne, and why that made him untouchable. But the Joker is able to rip off mob bosses routinely, and get away with it cause no one has the gal to just shoot him. Not the police, not the mob, nor anybody, including Batman, is able to just shoot and kill the Joker. No reason is given for this, other than that he is the Joker and everyone is afraid of him. lol. Go figure. Yet the invincible Joker treats the whole city and everyone in it like they are his toys. He can walk by all his enemies out in the open while remaining unharmed. Yeah right.

- The scene where Batman goes to Hong Kong and kidnaps the Chinese bank thief was very unrealistic. When Batman grabbed him and was surrounded by the Hong Kong police and SWAT team, his shoulder and head were exposed enough for them to take a shot at. They could have easily shot Batman's shoulder or head and freed the Chinese guy, as they do in other movies. But they did nothing and waited. Then Batman takes his captive and swings out the window using a rope or wire attached to a cargo plane overhead, flown by his teammates, and escapes Hong Kong with his prisoner. Yeah right. One cannot dangle from rope or wire from a plane and be simply pulled in. I have never heard of anyone doing that before. And there's probably a reason for that. It is probably too dangerous as the plane would be flying too fast for anyone dangling from it to be safe and survive. All in all, that was a very unrealistic breakout scene in Hong Kong.

- The woman who played Rachel was only average looking. (Katie Holmes, who played Rachel in Batman Begins, was replaced by her for some reason) Yet the handsome billionaire Bruce Wayne expresses an interest in a serious relationship with her, which she rejects?! Yeah right. Bruce Wayne was used to dating super models and Russian ballet dancers, as shown in this film. Yet he's interested in having a serious relationship with this average looking Rachel? Yeah right. No way. She was way under his league and social status. If Rachel had still been played by Katie Holmes, this might have been more plausible. But not with that woman playing her.

Also, why would Rachel reject a handsome billionaire who happens to be her best friend whom she grew up with, and whom she also knew was a brave daring super hero? Right. Does she think she could ever do better than that?

- When the Joker grabbed Rachel at the party, in front of Batman, and dropped her off the skyscraper, Batman immediately dove after her. In midair, he grabs her and falls with her all the way down the height of the skyscraper, hitting some canvas below. Yet how did they survive such a long fall? It was never explained. Batman never opened any parachute, nor his wings. So how was he able to slow down the fall enough not to kill Rachel or himself? I don't see how. Did I miss something? This scene wasn't clear at all.

Furthermore, if Batman and Rachel can survive such a high fall for no reason, then how did Harvey Dent (Two Face) die at the end of the film from a much lower fall off a building after Batman lunged at him? That makes no sense.

- Police Chief Gordon was shot down by the Joker's henchmen, who were attempting to assassinate the Mayor, when he dove to save his life. But later in the movie, Gordon suddenly reappears and comes back to life. Yet there is no explanation for how he survived that fatal gunshot. When he appears again, he does not even look injured.

- In the police interrogation room, Batman punches the Joker many times, and bashes his head against the wall many times as well, while he's trying to get him to reveal where Harvey Dent was. Yet the Joker never bleeds or gets injured from all that bashing? WTF? He should have been bleeding badly after all that. Why doesn't the director want to show the Joker bleeding? Because he's invincible and larger than life? lol

- During the chase scene on the road, the big rig truck that the Joker is driving gets trapped by some wires or ropes that Batman set up, causing the whole truck to flip forward and land upside down. There is no way that such a big heavy truck could be flipped forward like that by wires or ropes. That is physically impossible, no matter how fast the truck was going at.

- A top criminal like the Joker should have been placed in maximum security prison, not in a simple cell with a bunch of other thugs, with only a few policemen around. Come on now. After finally catching such a powerful master criminal capable of causing mass destruction, why would they put him in a simple cell with minimal security? And why did the police let one of their men stay in the interrogation room with the Joker, which they should have known the Joker could easily incapacitate and use as a hostage, given his proven incredible abilities? His escape was way too easy. He just blew up one of the other inmates using a phone, whom his henchmen probably placed bombs inside, and then he was free? Huh? If the blast didn't kill the Joker, then why would it have taken out all the other policemen there to let him get away? That was too easy and contrived.

- When Batman pushes the mob guy he grabbed from the disco off the balcony, and then questions him, he tells Batman that no one will ever betray the Joker. But why? The Joker is not honorable or noble. He randomly kills his own men, as he did in the beginning of the film during the bank heist scene, so why would anyone be steadfastly loyal to him, to the point of never betraying him? There is no reason why anyone would be that loyal to such a psychopathic character. The mob guy never gave a valid explanation for that claim.

- There was no plausible reason for Harvey Dent to have fallen from being a White Knight of Gotham and turning into a ruthless killer who revels in chaos. Just because the Joker tells him that everything is determined by chance and chaos, and that making plans was vain, is not enough to turn a good man into an evil man. That simply is not sufficient or plausible.

- When the Joker visits Harvey Dent in the hospital and gives him a gun to shoot him with, Harvey should have immediately shot him. We are not told whether the gun was loaded or not, but if it was, why would the Joker do that, knowing that there was an almost 100 percent chance that Harvey would shoot him? Why does the Joker take the most dangerous reckless risks with 100 percent confidence? For some reason, Harvey flipped a coin and spared the Joker's life. There was no reason for that. The Joker and his henchmen were the cause of Rachel's death and abduction, as well as his. There was no way Harvey would have spared the Joker just cause of his cheap talk. He knew the Joker was a psychopathic liar, so why would he listen to anything he says?

Furthermore, Harvey should have known from Batman that the Joker was the one who knew the location where Harvey and Rachel were being held, so obviously, he and his henchmen must have had something to do with it.

- At the end, Batman tells Gordon to blame the murders that Harvey Dent committed on him, so that the people of Gotham would not lose faith in what Harvey stood for, which may cause the criminals he put away to be released. However, there was no need for Batman to be the fall guy for those murders, which would only make his life more difficult. Gordon could have just blamed those murders on the Joker, his henchmen, or any other criminal in the crime infested city of Gotham. There was no reason why only Batman could be the fall guy to save Harvey Dent's reputation.

Furthermore, why subject Batman to a chase, especially when he just got shot and took a high fall from that building, which probably injured him and put him in no condition to run from a chase by the police?

odbo
Veteran Poster

Re: Implausibilities and logic flaws in Dark Knight

Post by odbo »

Winston wrote:The Batman film Dark Knight is an artfully made masterpiece about psychological chaos. However, there are numerous implausibilities and logic flaws in it. I just saw it again, so here are the ones I noticed.

- Near the beginning, when Batman first appears, he chases a white van in a parking garage which gets away and then jumps down 4 or 5 floors to land on its roof. That was quite a high fall, and no matter how strong Batman's armor was, it is highly unlikely that he could have survived such a fall. Batman did not have super powers. He was only human. So he cannot survive such direct straight falls unless something slows him down considerably.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Have any of you seen the trailer for the new Dark Knight Rises movie? It looks kind of weird. What the hell kind of villain is a guy with a nozzle? He looks like a dog. Why didn't they bring on another Batman villain?

designer
Freshman Poster

Post by designer »

Hated it, just another Super woman movie that takes its fun in degrading males. More of the same Hollywood manufactured garbage.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

designer wrote:Hated it, just another Super woman movie that takes its fun in degrading males. More of the same Hollywood manufactured garbage.
You saw it? Was it as good as Dark Knight? It's supposed to be a masterpiece.

Boner_Jones
Freshman Poster

Post by Boner_Jones »

Batman 3 was nothing great. Actually it kinda sucked.
Everdred
Freshman Poster

Post by Everdred »

It took The Dark Knight Rises a long time to get interesting, maybe about an hour or so. Once Bane (the main antagonist with a muzzle on his face) and his henchmen started taking over Gotham City, it felt like the movie had finally started. From that point forward, I would say the movie was excellent. Bane was my favorite character in the movie, just as the Joker was my favorite character in the last movie. The movie also seemed much shorter than 165 minutes.

If you liked the last two Christopher Nolan Batman movies, then I see no reason not to see the third one. It's definitely worth seeing at least once.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just saw Dark Knight Rises. It was very entertaining and suspenseful, and Ann Hathaway looked so hot and sexy as usual. But it had many plot holes and implausibilities that don't add up. Here are some of them:

* Warning: Contains some spoilers *

- How could Batman be totally outmatched in a fight against Bane the first time. But the second time Bane just lets him win? Batman is physically no match for Bane. Anyone can see that. For him to win at the end for no reason other than because he is supposed to, is a typical movie cliche. Shame on you for being so predictable Chris Nolan!

- You can't use someone's fingerprint to bankrupt them by selling stocks or buying put options in their name. It takes more than that. You need their signature, password, presence, access to their accounts, etc. If it were that easy to bankrupt someone, everyone who was rich and powerful would be bankrupt. It also doesn't make sense that Bruce Wayne didn't even tell everyone at the board meeting that his fingerprint was stolen.

- At the end, how could Batman function fully after a knife had been plunged into him by Miranda Tate? He would have been bleeding to death. He can't just walk around like nothing happened.

- Why would a knife be able to penetrate through Batman's armor? He has advanced technology ahead of his time, so why wouldn't he have armor on that was impenetrable to knife stabs?

- Bane had plenty of time at the end after Batman was stabbed, to just grab his head and finish him off, as he did with that Russian scientist.

- Stupid cliches are used, such as when Bane's men are about to shoot that heroic detective, they always pause and wait a few more seconds than they need to, so that Batman could appear and interrupt them. Why is it that when they are scripted to shoot someone, they do it immediately. But when Batman is scripted to interfere, they pause a few extra seconds to give him time to "surprise" them? This cliche is too predictable and overused.

The same cliche was used when Bane was about to finish off Batman with a gun. He also paused a few extra seconds. But when he killed the Russian scientist by twisting his neck, he didn't even hesitate. That makes no sense and is inconsistent.

- Why is it that when Bane's armored vehicles were about to shoot the army of freed policemen, Batman's flying vehicle gets in the way by blocking the shot for a moment, yet when he pulls away, the armored vehicles DO NOT CONTINUE firing as Bane ordered them to? Did Batman disable both vehicles? If so, how? That was not cleared. There was no reason why they could not continue firing after Batman pulled away.

- How is it that Bruce Wayne has been cripled for 8 years and has to walk with a cane, then suddenly when he gets into his Batman suit again, he is no longer cripled but has super human strength? One can't just recover just like that with no explanation.

- Also, when Bruce Wayne was severely injured in the pit, how can he get up and return to full strength just because someone knocks his back in place? That doesn't make sense. No chiropractor could perform a miracle like that.

- It's not explained why the Joker suddenly disappeared. He was not killed at the end of Dark Knight, but was spared by Batman. So why did he just vanish?

- It's never been explained why Batman had to take the fall for Harvey Dent's crimes in the previous film. They could have just blamed the Joker. He had already killed tons of people, so what difference is one more? Besides, the Joker was the one who turned Dent, so it would be accurate to blame him anyway.

- It also doesn't make sense why Batman was chased by the cops as an outlaw or vilified. He never did anything wrong. All he did was fight evil and save lives. Why would the police be trying to arrest him? Could it be because they are jealous that he does their job better than they do, and steals the spotlight?

* Warning: Big Spoiler Below *

Btw, did Batman die at the end? He couldn't have survived that nuclear bomb going off, unless he got away really fast after he dropped it. But when his butler Alfred goes to Florence, he sees Bruce Wayne and Seline Kyle (Catwoman) sitting together, as he said he always imagined and hoped for. Was he imagining that? Or did he really see them? I guess the director left it open ended.

Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Winston wrote:I just saw Dark Knight Rises. It was very entertaining and suspenseful, and Ann Hathaway looked so hot and sexy as usual. But it had many plot holes and implausibilities that don't add up. Here are some of them:

* Warning: Big Spoiler Below *

Btw, did Batman die at the end? He couldn't have survived that nuclear bomb going off, unless he got away really fast after he dropped it. But when his butler Alfred goes to Florence, he sees Bruce Wayne and Seline Kyle (Catwoman) sitting together, as he said he always imagined and hoped for. Was he imagining that? Or did he really see them? I guess the director left it open ended.
He didn't die at the end. He survived the bomb because he wasn't near when it went off.
When Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman) first shows him the Bat plane, he mentions that it all works except for the auto-pilot. After the explosion, they recover the vehicle and Fox mentions to the tech that he wished he (Fox) could have gotten the auto-pilot working. The tech tells him that the auto-pilot was fixed via software patch and the i.d. for the patch is/was Bruce Wayne.

Most action movies have "implausibilities". :razz:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Are you sure? What does auto-pilot have to do with him getting away from a neutron bomb? Do you mean he ejected out and his ship flew by itself carrying the bomb away? If so, why didn't anyone see him dropping into the water? Why did everyone think he died then?

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Dark Knight Batman Movie

Post by Winston »

Wow you guys won't believe this. It will blow you away. Renowned psychic Sloan Bella channels Heath Ledger, who played the Joker in Dark Knight. What his soul reveals about the Hollywood industry and how he died, will blow you away. It makes some sense too if you think about it. He explains what goes on behind the scenes and how he ended up mysteriously dead. It will totally shock you and knock your socks off! What do you all think? Is this really how the best actors get their talent and magnetism?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out the new Batman movie. What do you guys think?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877830/?r ... ims_tt_t_2

NPCslammer
Junior Poster

Post by NPCslammer »

Winston wrote:
March 6th, 2022, 12:29 pm
Check out the new Batman movie. What do you guys think?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877830/?r ... ims_tt_t_2
I definitely plan on watching it at the theater. Haven’t seen it yet though. Also wanna see the new Spiderman movie.