Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead

Post by jamesbond »

This was a hilarious movie that came out in 1991, starring Christina Applegate.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead

Post by jamesbond »

Here are some funny scenes from the movie. :D

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here are some more funny scenes from the movie. :lol:

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I remember watching that in the movie theater with my brother and cousin. They don't tell their mom mom who is out of town, or maybe out of the country that the baby sitter is dead. To get money, the girl, a minor, fakes a resume that says she is a college graduate and gets a corporate job. She steals petty cash for her household. Either she or her brother gets a big TV and other junk like that. Then, toward the end, she hosts an office party at home. Someone is about to get her busted for the embezzlement, and she is able to expense the TV, etc. for the party. I am not sure if that makes sense; she bought the TV before the plan for the party at her house.

Her boss, who she had developed a mentor-type friendship with, finds out she wrote a fake resume and lied, but offers her a job. Maybe it's in the future after she graduates high school or college.

The moral of the story, I suppose, is you can lie and steal with no consequences, which is a pretty bad moral. I remember thinking that after watching the movie. There were no consequences for her actions, which could potentially rightly land someone in jail in real life.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Some of the soundtrack from David Newman from the movie, Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here is another clip of the soundtrack for the movie.