DUNE 2021

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Space Invaders
Freshman Poster

DUNE 2021

Post by Space Invaders »

The Baron was memorable, not much else. For me, the 1984 movie was far superior YMMV.

Watch it for free here 123moviesfree.app/
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Re: DUNE 2021

Post by flowerthief00 »

Haven't seen it yet but I will, though I'd be surprised if any translation of a classic that is made today can top any translation of a classic that was made in the 80's. I read the novel a long time ago but it didn't stick with me, so I'm the kind of person a short movie adaption is targeted at.

The 1984 theatrical release...had problems. However, those problems are mostly corrected if you watch the Dune fanedit "Alternative Edition Redux".

Also, David Lynch was the most misunderstood artist in cinema. His films (many if not most of them) are gems worth looking at over and over again and appreciating from different angles.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The ratings for the new Dune movie are very high on Imdb:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1160419/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

I don't get something. The original 1984 version wasn't even any good. It was boring as f**k and made me fall asleep one third of the way into it. It had really bad music and no story and no point. Why the remake?

Did you guys see the 2000 Dune series? There's a thread about it.

viewtopic.php?style=11&f=29&t=42552
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Space Invaders
Freshman Poster

Post by Space Invaders »

The musical score was epic as were the set designs. The story was convoluted and difficult to follow. Kyle Machlaclan was very likeable and Sean Young was stunning. Overall I very much liked the movie. It had a very 80's feel to it that to this day fills me with a great sense of nostalgia...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

If you like Dune, check out this new series called "Foundation" based on Isaac Asimov's Foundation Trilogy Series, which some say is the greatest sci fi epic story of all time. If that's so I'm surprised no one made a movie or series about it before. The trailer looks pretty good. See below.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804484/?ref_=vp_back
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne