Great Epic Soundtracks & Themes from Movies & TV Shows

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Great Epic Movie & TV Soundtracks and Themes

Post by Winston »

Space Invaders wrote:
November 19th, 2021, 8:25 am
Beautiful soundtrack from a beautiful film. A real work of art, as was Sean Young in her younger days. Ridley Scott was in top form here. Man, you just don't see these kinds of movies today. Gotta love the '80s.
What did you think of the new Blade Runner movie called Blade Runner 2049 or something? Was it any good? I found it very confusing and Harrison Ford doesn't even appear until near the end, which was kind of a disappointment.

Here's a great Blade Runner theme remix that is fan made, but very good.

Another great fan made Blade Runner techno remix.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Remix of the Happy Flight theme from the movie "The Never Ending Story", one of the most inspirational and magical pieces ever. It'll make you feel young again. A timeless classic. They don't make them like they used to. Today's fantasy movies look cheap, hollow, and meaningless in comparison.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Space Invaders
Freshman Poster

Post by Space Invaders »

Winston wrote:
November 20th, 2021, 6:11 am
Space Invaders wrote:
November 19th, 2021, 8:25 am
Beautiful soundtrack from a beautiful film. A real work of art, as was Sean Young in her younger days. Ridley Scott was in top form here. Man, you just don't see these kinds of movies today. Gotta love the '80s.
What did you think of the new Blade Runner movie called Blade Runner 2049 or something? Was it any good? I found it very confusing and Harrison Ford doesn't even appear until near the end, which was kind of a disappointment.

Here's a great Blade Runner theme remix that is fan made, but very good.

Another great fan made Blade Runner techno remix.

I STILL don't know what 2049 was about. Not a bad movie by today's standards, but it must be viewed as terrible when compared to the original. Completely forgettable characters, especially the bad guys. Rutger Hauer will be sorely missed.
Space Invaders
Freshman Poster

Post by Space Invaders »

Winston wrote:
November 20th, 2021, 10:22 am
Remix of the Happy Flight theme from the movie "The Never Ending Story", one of the most inspirational and magical pieces ever. It'll make you feel young again. A timeless classic. They don't make them like they used to. Today's fantasy movies look cheap, hollow, and meaningless in comparison.

I couldn't agree more. A surprisingly profound movie often overlooked. Very adult themes present for a children's flick. Reminds of the movie UP (2009) in that regard. The first 15 minutes of that film still make me teary eyed.

Karate Kid, The Last Starfighter, Krull, Goonies, ET, Close Encounters, The Indiana Jones Trilogy, Legend, Secret of Nimh, The Explorers, The Star Wars Trilogy-Timeless '80s classics that can be watched and enjoyed over and over again.
Space Invaders
Freshman Poster

Post by Space Invaders »

I appreciate you posting these Youtube clips. All fantastic, memorable, and very nostalgic. Sad, too.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Space Invaders wrote:
November 20th, 2021, 11:55 am
I appreciate you posting these Youtube clips. All fantastic, memorable, and very nostalgic. Sad, too.
Well I'm glad we agree on some things at least. And you have good taste in films. What did you think of the Blue Thunder theme I posted above?

Btw remember that scene in Blade Runner where Deckard shoots that replicant woman several times in slow motion as she's running through the glass? That was rad. Very iconic. Also when he shoots the replicant woman at the end doing cartwheels.

Why couldn't the government just let the replicants live a normal life and not terminate them? What was the reason? I forget.

Here's an iconic and touching line from Deckard after the last replicant saves Deckard's life and dies afterward.

"I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life; my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die."

You can see it at the end of this montage video.

Notice how at the end Deckard and Rachel ride off into the sunlight as the dark city transforms to light. It's the same ending as Dark City and Tron Legacy. It seems to symbolized the sacred masculine and sacred feminine being united in an alchemical wedding, like in Gnostic theology.

Space Invaders
Freshman Poster

Post by Space Invaders »

Winston wrote:
November 20th, 2021, 10:30 pm
Space Invaders wrote:
November 20th, 2021, 11:55 am
Well I'm glad we agree on some things at least. And you have good taste in films. What did you think of the Blue Thunder theme I posted above?

Btw remember that scene in Blade Runner where Deckard shoots that replicant woman several times in slow motion as she's running through the glass? That was rad. Very iconic. Also when he shoots the replicant woman at the end doing cartwheels.

Why couldn't the government just let the replicants live a normal life and not terminate them? What was the reason? I forget.

Here's an iconic and touching line from Deckard after the last replicant saves Deckard's life and dies afterward.

"I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life; my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die."

You can see it at the end of this montage video.

Notice how at the end Deckard and Rachel ride off into the sunlight as the dark city transforms to light. It's the same ending as Dark City and Tron Legacy. It seems to symbolized the sacred masculine and sacred feminine being united in an alchemical wedding, like in Gnostic theology.
I don't recall the Blue Thunder theme but I remember the movie and the short lived TV show very well. Roy Scheider was excellent in everything he was in. Airwolf, Knight Rider, Streethawk, MacGyver Fall Guy, A-Team were also also iconic "cool guys playing with cool gadgets" 80s TV shows. Remember the intros to those TV shows? Great music and narration.

Who could forget gorgeous Joanna Cassidy and Daryl Hannah? Costumes and makeup just added to their allure. It was sad to see them killed. In those days, Hollywood made movies where you actually LIKED the bad guys too. In today's movies, you hope the shark eats everybody.

You know, there was never any reason given for why the replicants needed to be terminated. That's a good point you make. I don't remember the line you quoted from the film but it's definitely a good one. As good as the "Tears in the rain" line that everyone knows.

I haven't watched Dark City or Tron Legacy. Of course I have seen Tron, another great 80s SF flick. I read that Jeff Bridges is fighting cancer now. Too bad, I hope he makes it. Great looking guy and a terrific actor.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Great Epic Soundtracks & Themes from Movies & TV Shows

Post by Winston »

Some great clips from the Remo Williams movie with the soundtrack theme in the background. Doesn't it look great? Isn't the theme rad? They don't make them like they used to.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Great soundtrack theme by Roy Budd from the 1971 film "Zeppelin" about a German airship during WWI in 1915. It sounds very epic and underrated.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out these disco versions of the Star Wars theme from the 70s. They are so groovy and nostalgic. lol :) Wouldn't it be so cool to dance to these in a 70s disco? lol

Extended 15 min version. From vinyl LP.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow! Full LP album of Star Wars disco medleys from several Star Wars movies. See tracklist below.

STAR WARS
00:00 Main Title Theme
06:38 The Land Of The Sand People
07:23 Princess Leia's Theme
09:12 Cantina Band
10:58 The Last Battle
13:11 End Title

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
15:15 Darth Vader's Theme
17:55 Yoda's Theme
19:18 The Battle In The Snow
22:47 The Force Theme
26:39 The Asteroid Field and Finale

RETURN OF THE JEDI
33:13 Lapti Nek
38:22 Ewok Celebration

THE PHANTOM MENACE
45:20 Duel Of The Fates
47:30 Augie's Municipal Band

Full LP Album:

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

WTF? Check out this really funky Star Wars music album by some Japanese composer. It's very unusual and weird, you will either love it or hate it. lol

Osamu Shoji - Star Wars (full album)

0:00 ~ Star Wars Main Theme & Imperial Attack
4:15 ~ The Throne Room
8:54 ~ Cantina Band
12:54 ~ Princess Leia's Theme
18:25 ~ The Robot Auction
22:33 ~ The Space Odyssey
42:57 ~ The Desert

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

The all-time great movie theme song, notwithstanding its Hebraic origins. Hold your lit Marlboros aloft.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this soundtrack from "The Polar Express" an animated Christmas movie from 2004. It sounds very magical and wonderlandish and puts you in awe. The first minute of it I mean. The thing is, I saw this at a theater in Moscow with a girl in 2004, so it reminds me of the magical wonderland feel that Moscow had for me at the time. I know that Russia is a brutal and harsh environment and not a wonderland, but the thing is, it can FEEL like a magical wonderland because it's so different from the West, and the women are so amazingly open and approachable, which you never experience in America. So for the first few weeks or months it can FEEL like a magical wonderland, that's how it felt for me at least. The first minute of this soundtrack captures what I felt at the time, it's beyond words, and if you've never experienced it, then I feel sorry for you, because you've never been truly alive.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out these compilations of Star Trek Original Series background music. Aren't they so riveting and lively and bring back good memories from the show? How come TV music today isn't as good as this anymore? This kind of music brings life to every scene so you can feel every scene. Today the TV shows never do that.